Pizza Therapy!!!

Sirloin
2008/08/14 09:07:43
Came across a very cool web site when doing some research on my favorite food (and topic) in the world--PIZZA. There's so much on this site...I'm having fun checking out the history,recipe's books,reviews(state by state)...and so much more...check it out,pizza lovers...what do you think?

http://www.pizzatherapy.com/index.html
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:09:51
What's the site??? I'd like to check the reviews for my state, if there are any......
Ah ha! You edited so I had to edit! Thanks for the link!
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:12:35
Also note the video section for you pizza makers...and the tips pages...I've spend over an hour on this site already...so much good and interesting info...see anything you like?
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:13:51
Sorry ..I forgot to paste in the site...it's up now..see my post above!
Rusty246
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:16:09
Quite a few for Florida, I'm impressed! I was glad to see Borillo's in St. Augustine on the list, their pizza is REALLY good. The only thing I can think of that would have made it better was FRESH mushrooms, not canned. I'll be going again though for sure.
doggydaddy
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:22:36

====The only thing I can think of that would have made it better was FRESH mushrooms, not canned...===

I will not order mushrooms on any of the famous New Haven pizzas as they are from a can. If Pepe's will only use -FRESH- clams only, why not shrooms?
As a California boy, I never saw canned mushrooms, except on pizza from a chain. I think it is against culinary law to use canned mushrooms...

mark
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:24:44
Great site!!And the list of good pizzas by state was fun-I agreed with all the choices for Milwaukee.Great tips,etc.Will be visiting this site often.Thanks, leethebard.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:29:30
No problem...I get a gut feeling this site is done by a family who loves pizza...the site about great pizza places alone is so interesting!!
doggydaddy
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:50:29
Looking at the site, I am glad that I took ellen to two of the places mentioned, Colony Grill and Sally's with a pass by of Bar....

The list shows that there are two places worth mentioning in the town where I live. One of them is down the street and I have had them...once. The other place I have never heard of. The sad truth is that there is no pizza restaurant in this city where anyone could really point me to for a great pie.

Interesting and sad to see that there are some places listed that have closed, even though they are Hall of fame winners.

Looking into where I lived in the Bay Area shows only one place worth checking out in S.F....!!!
Further on it lists Lo Coco's Pizza in Terra Linda as a place to go. I can attest that it is a excellent pizza that has been around forever in California years and is very popular. One of those cases where I would drive two towns over to get there.

I don't know what to make of the nomination for Round Table Pizza, but the person who suggested it seems like a way cool rocking granny who plays bass for a living. She may not know pizza, but she seems like she could get music from a turkey neck...

http://www.carolkaye.com/

mark

Jimeats
Filet Mignon
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 09:55:43
The guy has to be from NY and has a grudge against Boston.
No listings.
I didn't check, was Gary In. listed? Chow Jim
Davydd
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 10:40:07
Nothing was listed from Gary, IN.

Actually, the list seems to be comprised of recommendations from anyone willing to send one in. I doubt there is any validity or value testing to determine if the pizza is actually the best.
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 16:40:47
Davydd-the list for Milwaukee is right on!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/14 17:06:05
Somebody is asleep at the wheel at pizzatherapy.com. Domino's made the list for their mushroom pizza under the Old Forge, Pa listing.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/15 08:37:36
Now that is a serious disappointment!!!
hutt
Cheeseburger
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/16 09:14:26
Interesting site, I guess. I learned that chains make some of the best pizza and I was surprised to see the authentic Italian pizza recipes that contain sugar. I just can't agree with some of those sites and/or lists. Nobody can tell anybody else what's the best or isn't the best.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/16 11:28:49
That is true wiyh a capital T....like most sites,there is some interesting info...and some to be taken with a grain of salt!!
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Pizza Therapy!!! 2008/08/16 16:40:47
I like the site-Milwaukees choices were right on, IMO.And I like the dough recipe sent to me.