Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA

swkreiter
  • Total Posts : 31
  • Reward points : 0
Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Sat, 08/30/08 12:48 PM
The best bacon bleu cheese burger in the western United States. On 4th Ave between Capitol Way and Columbia in downtown Olympia. If you're traveling I-5, take the Capitol Exit (#105).

Goobzilla
  • Total Posts : 43
RE: Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Mon, 09/1/08 1:10 AM
Well you sold me, I went there today and they were closed. Don't know if it was the holiday weekend or what but I'll try another time.

Thanks for the tip!

uncledaveyo
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Mon, 09/1/08 1:49 AM
Cool, Swkreiter! What are some of the others you've had in all the various states all over the western USA that qualify as runners-up for the best bacon bleu cheese burger in the Western United States?

swkreiter
RE: Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Mon, 09/1/08 5:24 PM
Goobzilla,

Sorry!!! I guess Ben's was closed for the holiday. But DO go back. You won't be disappointed.

uncledaveyo,

One place that gave me a great one comes to mind - the Landmark Inn in Yachats, OR, earlier this spring. It was really a bacon American cheese burger, but I asked nice and got bleu cheese instead. Very good! Also serving up a darn good BBC burger - but kinda out of the way (but still meeting your "west" criterium) - is the Kiawe Grill at the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club on Kaua'i. Had another very good one at a place in San Antonio a couple months back but can't recall the name - if I can think of it I'll post it.

Goobzilla
  • Total Posts : 43
RE: Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Mon, 09/1/08 6:34 PM
No worries, part of the fun of Roadfood is that it's not an exact science. I'll get 'em next time.

uncledaveyo
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Mon, 09/1/08 8:15 PM
Have had a burger at that Marriott: would have to agree it was tasty. My local brewery, Bear Republic here in Healdsburg does a great bacon blue also.

swkreiter
RE: Ben Moore's - Olympia, WA - Mon, 09/1/08 9:20 PM

uncledaveyo -

OK, I just added Healdsburg to my must-visit list.