Potato Salad

Cheeseburger
2003/11/02 12:28:39
My mother always used to dice a few stuffed green olives and mix them with the other ingredients. Mother has been gone for years, and my wife hates olives, so it's only a memory now, but it sure was good!

Wally
downtown
Hamburger
RE: Potato Salad 2004/10/07 15:03:00
still looking for that German potato salad thread.

but I like olives in my potato salad, egg salad, devilled eggs. alas, my family does not. however, they get their own bowl and I get mine.
BT
Filet Mignon
RE: Potato Salad 2004/10/07 23:40:11
I don't like raw celery so I leave it out of my potato/macaroni/egg and other salads. To make up for that, I usually add lots of other bits of green including olives and green pepper.
mek
Cheeseburger
RE: Potato Salad 2004/10/08 09:19:02
downtown-

Ingredients
6 medium potatos
8 slices bacon
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1 large onion
3 Tbsp flour

1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp salt

Directions

Cut potatos into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices; boil till just tender. Fry bacon crispy in skillet. Remove bacon leaving 3 Tbsp drippings behind. Chop onions and saute in bacon dripping till tender. Add flour, slightly brown. Add sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar, and water; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer till it just starts to thicken. Pour over cooked potatos, toss, and serve hot.
cindyloo
Cheeseburger
RE: Potato Salad 2004/10/08 09:25:08
My mom would also fry an egg or two in that bacon grease, chop them up, and add them to the mix.

Cindy