I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky

strickda
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Fri, 10/3/08 11:53 AM
Hello,

Is anyone familar with the chopped pork BBQ sandwichs in Paducah, KY or Metrolpolis, ILL? I'm looking for BBQ like that in Texas or Florida. Please help. I miss those days when I attended family reunions in Padukah & Metrolpolis and we ate the BBQ sandwichs. They were the best. Or any recipes for my fixing my own BBQ sandwichs (chopped pork).
Thanks,
Strickda

Frankman
  • Total Posts : 300
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Fri, 10/3/08 12:13 PM
Strickda,
Over the years I have driven through Paducah and Metropolis many times sadly not being able to stop. My overnight stop was in Oak Grove and it was usually too early for any bbq to be open. I do have a request though. Do you happen to have a pic of the Superman statue in Metropolis? I have been dying to see it but never had the time to go.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BBQ+in+Metropolis%2C+Il.&btnG=Search
Try this link to google. Hopefully there is something that will ring a bell.

strickda
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Fri, 10/3/08 12:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Frankman

Strickda,
Over the years I have driven through Paducah and Metropolis many times sadly not being able to stop. My overnight stop was in Oak Grove and it was usually too early for any bbq to be open. I do have a request though. Do you happen to have a pic of the Superman statue in Metropolis? I have been dying to see it but never had the time to go.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BBQ+in+Metropolis%2C+Il.&btnG=Search
Try this link to google. Hopefully there is something that will ring a bell.
Hi Frankman,
Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I have many pictures of Superman that me and my family take every yr at our family reunions, however they are all packed away in storage because I'm preparing to move in 2 weeks from florida back to tx. I would have loved to send you a few pictures. Next time you are in the area, as soon as you enter Metropolis, Superman is right there for picture taking.

Thanks again,
Debbie

wfmitchell
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Mon, 10/13/08 7:25 AM
Starnes BBQ in Paducah. I used to live there in the 60's and I have a recipe for a sauce similar to the one they use at Starnes.

Louis
  • Total Posts : 713
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Mon, 10/13/08 5:17 PM
Starnes is the only barbecue place operating there now that you should try that I have any authoritative knowledge about. It's pretty good. It was in the 1992 Roadfood edition.

If in Paducah, though, give Does Eat Place a try:

http://www.doeseatplace.com/paducah.htm

I guarantee--as will many on this board--that it will be one of the best steaks you'll ever eat.

This restaurant is run by family members of the original Doe's in Mississippi.

Relentless
  • Total Posts : 150
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Sun, 11/2/08 10:26 PM
A little late to the party here, but I do live in Paducah. I think Starnes probably does the most business. They do sandwiches only...pork, ham, turkey & maybe beef. No plates, ribs or chicken.

There are others in the area. Harned's, Leigh's, Backwoods, O'Tyme Hickory Pit, and a fairly new one on Cairo Rd., P & J Barbeque. I haven't tried their pork yet, but the ribs are good and the chicken is excellent.

In Metropolis, the best known is Jim's. They do a heck of a breakfast business and have good pulled pork.

Can't help you with the Superman thing

HowardRoark
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Wed, 12/17/08 10:12 PM
NEAR Paducah is Knoth's BBQ. About 30 miles away on Rt. 62, you cross the top of Ky. lake then a few miles on the right, Knoths! Not open in the Winter! I don't remember the adress. Great BBQ, Great sauce,Fine people!

Relentless
  • Total Posts : 150
RE: I'm looking for Barbeque like in Padukah Ky - Mon, 01/5/09 7:47 PM
HowardRoark

NEAR Paducah is Knoth's BBQ. About 30 miles away on Rt. 62, you cross the top of Ky. lake then a few miles on the right, Knoths! Not open in the Winter! I don't remember the adress. Great BBQ, Great sauce,Fine people!

Absolutely correct on Knoth's. Some friends of mine are related to the owners and help out with catering gigs from time to time. I have eaten their BBQ on many occasions & it is always excellent. Their sauce is one of my favorites, especially the hot. It is different from what you normally find in this area and very good

Littleman
  • Total Posts : 590
Try One of These........... - Mon, 05/17/10 3:57 PM
Backwoods BBQ @ 5172 Hinkleville Rd., Paducah, KY. 270 - 441 - 7427.
John's BBQ @ 125 N. 11th St., Paducah, KY. 270 - 442 - 1187.
Starnes's BBQ @ 108 Broadway St., Paducah, KY. 270 - 442 - 2122.