Pat's Hubba Hubba

Junior Burger
2008/10/06 23:55:47
Stamford, Ct., Port Chester, N.Y, Cos Cob, Ct., Greenwich, Ct. OH THOSE CHILI DOGS AND FRIES!!!!
Foodosaurus
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2008/11/14 14:34:34
I'd like to hear from any one who has been to Pat's Hubba Hubba. I've heard good things about it from someone I know. And all I read on the internet is good reviews.... But the fact that it's not on Roadfood.com kinda worries me. Any info from my fellow Roadfooders would be great.
doggydaddy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2008/11/14 15:22:42
quote:
Originally posted by Markoneill

Stamford, Ct., Port Chester, N.Y, Cos Cob, Ct., Greenwich, Ct. OH THOSE CHILI DOGS AND FRIES!!!!

I don't know much about them, but each place is in a consecutive line of stations on the N.H./Metro North with Port Chester the obvious last one.

mark
Foodosaurus
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2008/12/02 15:56:30
BUMP.

Any info other than what I can google about Pat's Hubba Hubba in either Port Chester, NY or Stamford CT would be fantastic.
nuclearturtle
Junior Burger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2008/12/02 18:43:27
Had lunch at the Stamford Hubba Hubba last week.. Hadn't been there in awhile, in fact the last time I went there were two in Stamford one on Seaside Ave and another on Bedford St. The one on Bedford is closed but the one on Seaside was as good as ever... A couple of chili dogs... definite thumbs up..
Foodosaurus
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2008/12/02 20:57:55
Thank you turtle. Welcome to Roadfood.
bhager
Junior Burger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2009/01/11 00:29:46
 I was at Hubba's in Port Chester a couple of weeks ago. I had 2 Chili Cheese Dogs, a small Chili Cheese Fries and a big cup of ice cold RC Cola. It was delicious as always. Spicy chili, split griddled hot dogs on fresh buns. It's greasy (always is) but delicious. The only negative about Hubba's in the winter is that there is no heat and you freeze every time someone opens the doors. If it wasn't so icy out I'd run over there right now for a fix. 
CTBrian
Junior Burger
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2009/04/28 18:22:54
I've been going to Pat's HH since it was on the hill coming up from Port Chester in the late 1960s.  Pat is not much in physical evidence at the HH, choosing to spend time at Pat's Diner about a mile away.  The basic food has not changed at all.  Stay away from the meatballs;  they've been lousy since Pat's mother died.  The chili dogs and Texas burgers (make sure they remember the raw onions) continue to shine.  The old place looked like a dump.  The place on Seaside is tarted up to look like a chain 1950s burger joint.  Don't be fooled, it's still the real deal.  They have expanded the menu, but if I want chicken, I'd rather cook it myself or go to Smokey Joe's, a smoke pit about a mile from Pat's on the Post Road (U.S. 1) at the Stamford/Darien line.  I haven't seen this one on Roadfood yet, either.

CTBrian
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Pat's Hubba Hubba 2009/04/28 20:35:38
I'm going to Pat's Hubba Hubba in two weeks.  Photos and a report to follow.