two questions

semperfimom
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 2:00 PM
Could someone direct me to a thread about tequila?

And is there a thread about Coca-cola?

Thank you!
Patty

Scorereader
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 2:27 PM
I don't recall a thread specifically about tequilla. Coke topics usally are about coke with real sugar like in Mexico or around passover.

you could always start some threads.

WarToad
  • Total Posts : 1792
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 2:46 PM
Mmmmmm tequilla. The one single hard liquor I do like. My $50-75/bottle achilles heel.

Did you have a specific question? Or just taunting me?

semperfimom
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 3:10 PM
I was just curious about state laws and tequila brands. I just came back from San Clemente, California and I'm jealous of the variety sold there. I live in Michigan and it seems Cuervo has the monopoly here. Patron is our favorite! I'll start a new thread and see what other peoples favorites are.

I had a 12 ounce glass bottle of Coca-cola there too. Real sugar huh? It was great! My son told me it was bottled in Mexico. Now why can we only get 8 oz glass bottles of coke here? 12 oz glass bottle of pop is better than in those plastic bottles or cans.

Scorereader
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 3:17 PM
I like the 8oz bottles. For me, who watches his sugar intake, 8oz is a refreshing treat.
My soda-pop d'jour is diet coke.

WarToad
  • Total Posts : 1792
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 4:16 PM
If you can get the mexican Coca-cola with cane sugar - it's a treat! Mexican/latin grocery stores often stock it. Try there.

Distribution of premium tequilla's is hit and miss. And the further you get away from our southern border the more miss it is. Hunt in larger cities, look for boutique liqour stores. Look for small estate distillers amidst the major name brands. Tequilla is a liquor where paying a little extra more, yields a lot extra return. A smooth 5 year oak aged AƱejo is like a 80 proof kiss of sun.

semperfimom
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/13/08 6:56 PM
I brought home Chaya reposado. Looking forward to sipping some on ice to wrap up my weekend. So many tequilas, so little time.

What a good idea...I'll try to find a Mexican store in Grand Rapids when I go back to work!

Thanks for all the tips!

Capybara91
  • Total Posts : 240
RE: two questions - Wed, 11/19/08 8:49 PM
Were you there to visit Nixon's house or to visit your son at MCRD or Camp Pendleton? If it was the latter, Semper Fi!

You sure got a lot of responses to your tequila thread. Congrats!

Curbside Grill
  • Total Posts : 3916
RE: two questions - Thu, 11/20/08 3:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by semperfimom

I brought home Chaya reposado. Looking forward to sipping some on ice to wrap up my weekend. So many tequilas, so little time.

What a good idea...I'll try to find a Mexican store in Grand Rapids when I go back to work!

Thanks for all the tips!

Next fish fry marinate fish in margarita mix, Goes well with your new find.