Five Guys Burgers

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 70 of 70
MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 1931
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Sun, 02/6/11 9:55 AM
I agree, when dining in, I prefer an unwrapped sandwich.

MetroplexJim
  • Total Posts : 3705
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Sun, 02/6/11 10:35 AM
leethebard

How about doing a side by side taste test when both are open, and report back??

That is every part of my intention.

Is there anywhere else in the country where a Five Guys and an IN-N-OUT are only a few miles apart?

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Sun, 02/6/11 10:47 PM
I guess you are on the border where East meets West!!!!

irishtom29
  • Total Posts : 19
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Mon, 02/7/11 8:17 PM
What garbage. Stopped in one in Ocala Florida. Overcooked, thin and tasteless. I don't see how it could'a been worse; I'd much rather have the basic hamburger from McDonalds or Burger King and it's nowhere near the excellence of Culver's or Sonic burgers which IME&O set the bar for chain burgers.

Even the fries were lousy and I'm keen on fresh cut fries and a big fan of the fries here in Chicago at 35th St. Red Hots, Moody's, Poochies and Gene and Judes.

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Mon, 02/7/11 8:45 PM
irishtom29

What garbage. Stopped in one in Ocala Florida. Overcooked, thin and tasteless. I don't see how it could'a been worse; I'd much rather have the basic hamburger from McDonalds or Burger King and it's nowhere near the excellence of Culver's or Sonic burgers which IME&O set the bar for chain burgers.

Even the fries were lousy and I'm keen on fresh cut fries and a big fan of the fries here in Chicago at 35th St. Red Hots, Moody's, Poochies and Gene and Judes.

Obviously,Ocala must be on another planet!!!!!Certainly not the opinion of most Earthlings

MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 1931
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Mon, 02/7/11 11:00 PM
Yeah, that doesn't sound like Five Guys at all.  Something would appear to be amiss.  (Sonic burgers???)
<message edited by MellowRoast on Tue, 02/8/11 8:14 AM>

cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Tue, 02/8/11 9:54 AM
Two 5 Guys have opened in Brevard County (east central FL) & both do something I don't understand. When the fries come out of the fryer, they're immediately portioned out into the plastic serving cups & then left sitting on the counter waiting for the rest of the order to be put together. To make matters worse, the fries are then put in a bag with the steaming burger. It doesn't matter if you're eating in or getting it to go, everything goes into a bag. No matter how fast you get them out of the bag, they're soggy. I don't know if this is corp. procedure or if these two stores are doing it wrong, but the fries are truly horrid at both these places by me.

RC51Mike
  • Total Posts : 443
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Tue, 02/8/11 10:12 AM
I've eaten at a few different FG's and they all do that.  No problem with burger in the same bag or not distinguishing between here or to go.  But that styrofoam cup is the absolute kiss of death to a poor defenseless french fry.  I free them as soon as possible and have satisfactorily salvaged enough crispiness to my liking.

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Tue, 02/8/11 10:15 AM
I've always seen the fries done as you say cavandre. They are always limp and greasy, there may 5lbs of them in an order but at least 2 lb of that is grease.
As to the person who described his burger as thin and overcooked, that could be the case if they ordered the small burger which is I believe is a 1/4 lb and they cook everything well done.

mbrookes
  • Total Posts : 1350
Re:Five Guys Burgers - Fri, 02/18/11 12:17 PM
They are a good place for those of us who eat gluten-free. The local Five Guys will make sure your burger does not come in contact with bread and the fryer is used only for potatoes, so they are safe. I appreciate that.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 70 of 70