Anyone Remember Candy Cupboard?

Junior Burger
2003/11/13 23:45:58
My Mom is searching for an Easter candy from days of yore. She thinks it was manufactured by Candy Cupboard, but isn't certain. It was a huge buttercream egg with a yolk (like cadburys) which she says was buttered flavored? Anyone remember this? I'd love to track it down for her.

-J
jmusic
Junior Burger
RE: Anyone Remember Candy Cupboard? 2003/12/28 12:57:43
Yes!! I remember Candy Cupboard. We always had it at Christmas. It was boxed assorted chocolates. The Easter egg we had with a yellow "yolk" was by Fanny Farmer. I just found by Google search that it is still made in West Seneca, NY. Toll free order 1-800-333-3629. Good luck!! I sure would love a box of Candy Cupboard!! I grew up in Schenectady NY and my dad got the candy through Sears.
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Anyone Remember Candy Cupboard? 2003/12/28 15:32:03
Is that the one that had the name on the boxes in sort of a patchwork quilt script?
chezkatie
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Anyone Remember Candy Cupboard? 2003/12/28 15:39:14
quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

Is that the one that had the name on the boxes in sort of a patchwork quilt script?

Yes, and inside of the cover was that wonderful diagram that showed you where each candy was.........it was great as you always could pick out your very favorite kinds.
lolson
Junior Burger
RE: Anyone Remember Candy Cupboard? 2004/02/12 13:25:16
quote:
Originally posted by half-past

My Mom is searching for an Easter candy from days of yore. She thinks it was manufactured by Candy Cupboard, but isn't certain. It was a huge buttercream egg with a yolk (like cadburys) which she says was buttered flavored? Anyone remember this? I'd love to track it down for her.

-J

Did you ever find the candy cupboard candies--I also have been looking for them, but I live in the Midwest and know those candies were made by NECCO (in Somerville, MA where I grew up).
mv3wolves
Junior Burger
RE: Anyone Remember Candy Cupboard? 2004/04/10 22:38:38
half past, my family used to get the yolk buttercream eggs every Easter. We got ours from Fanny Farmer Candy stores in Minneapolis. We are searching and see most if not all have closed. Have you heard any more about the buttercream eggs yourself, or located one for your Mom?