The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 71 of 108, messages 2101 to 2130 of 3220
BillyZoom

• Total Posts: 24
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/23/09 4:11 PM (permalink)
NYPIzzaNut

I guess they don't know they would do better with New York style pizza pies.

Great Googly-Moogly, enough already!!! We get it! You love NY style pizza.

How would they do better with NY style pizza when you trash almost every pizza place in the area that attempts it?

arianej

• Total Posts: 205
    Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/23/09 5:26 PM (permalink)
    Dictator

Just got back from trying the recently opened (well, back in February, according to the owner) El Havanero Cuban restaurant in Fairfield (on Rt. 4 just down the street from Taqueria Mercado/Panaderia a la Mexicana).  It was quite tasty.  The wife and I both ordered the El Havanero sandwich (basically, a traditional Cuban) and, while we've never actually eaten at a true, authentic Cuban establishment on any of our Florida trips (yes, we do need to remedy this), I can say that the sandwich was, without doubt, the best Cuban I've ever had. 

We got two GIGANTIC sandwiches, a basket of fries to split, and soft drinks, all for $25.00 even.  The owner said that they would be getting their liquor license in a few days and that they were going to start having bands in to play, starting with one from Miami. 

The establishment is very nicely decorated (granted, I'm no Christopher Lowell) and spacious, and the menu has a lot of very interesting and tasty-sounding dishes to choose from.  Therefore, we will return.  (Probably within the week.)

http://www.elhavanero.net/index.html

Sounds very promising, thanks!  I've only had Cuban sandwiches up in Chicago and I miss them.  I notice they've got ropa vieja and plantains on the menu, too.

rpglegal

• Total Posts: 17
      Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/23/09 8:50 PM (permalink)
      Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!  I'm intrigued.   Melt,  I have been by a couple of times,  but never actually stopped to eat... will definitely add to my list.. and Song Long was always my favorite spot at Taste of Cincy.. but I had frankly forgotten about them,  since I haven't gone in a few years..   Looking forward to some new places to try!

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
        Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/23/09 10:50 PM (permalink)
        BillyZoom

NYPIzzaNut

How would they do better with NY style pizza when you trash almost every pizza place in the area that attempts it?
        Over the years in Cinci there have been pizzerias who made pizza like they make in NY - the one that we have discussed here that was spot on was Roma Pizza downtown - just across from Aronoff Center - unfortunately they were in their hey day before the Aronoff came about - since then they became known as Trattoria Roma and the owner,  Quinton,  passed away and his wife took the operation over and they began catering to the Aronoff crowds and pizza was no longer king there and they no longer offered it by the slice and the pies are no where near as good.  There are at least a dozen pizza places who claim to make NY pizzas in GreaterCinci but their crusts fall far short of the mark.

Dewey's and Troni's  (Kettering) offer pizza with the type crust that NY pies are noted for.

You and some others think I am trashing most pizzas here but all I am saying is they are nothing like NY pizza - many members here in this area have no benchmark to measure by and have grown up on the stuff they routinely purvey here as pizza - if you like it that is your call - what I am saying is the best tasting pizza in the world is in NY and if you never had it you do not know what you are missing and if you want to call my comments incessant whining or trashing feel free and enjoy your cardboard and cracker pies for what they are.  I will  continue my quest - as I said great purveyors of NY pizza pies have come and gone here over the decades and I feel sure some will be coming along again who know how to make a NY pizza pie.

NYPIzzaNut

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/23/09 11:00 PM (permalink)
          NYPIzzaNut

southern grub

Just on the other side of SR 32 in eastgate there was a guy set up in the parking lot selling bbq. It's back open! much better than City BBQ even on their good days. He expanded the menu a little bit too. It's on Glen-Este Withamsville Road just south of 32. He is now in the Shopping plaza there at kennedy's landing. When you're facing it on the far left. You can't miss the huge pink pig on the front of the building. no smoker in the front anymore so make sure you are looking for the pig. Its still a simple place only seats about 20 but the BBQ is great. He even has a lunch special on weekdays from 11-2. you get a Pulled Pork sandwich, bag of chips and a soda for $5.00. there are no substitutions on the the special but the sandwich it self is over a half pound so bring a good appitite. they are closed on Mondays but the other 6 days are some mighty good eating. If you had been there back in the summer your in for a treat now. He has added Mac and Cheese (From scratch) Green beans (like grandma's if you grew up south of the mason dixie) Corn Bread ($0.50) and also from scratch. He also offers a (BRUNSWICK STEW) like a Kentucky Burgoo. easily described as delicious. Its has pork, beef and chicken all smoked and stewed with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and a mix of veggies. Don't be fooled though it is probably half meat. really rich and hearty. he was out of take out menus when i was there but i'll stop back in and try to scan one to post. He still has ribs, also rib tips, chicken, pork and brisket. you won't be dissapointed.
          Has anyone tried this place?
          Our lunchbunch group tried Here Piggy-Piggy BBQ located at Kennedy's Landing on Glen Este-Withamsville Rd (1/4 mile south of State Route 32) and the food was simply wonderful.  They are open 11 am - 8 pm every day but Monday - their telephone number is 513 753 PORK.  The juiciest most delicious brisket I ever ate.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17826
            RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/23/09 11:32 PM (permalink)
            After much study, careful thought and on the job research I have come to the conclusion that the best answer to the question of where to eat in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky is anywhere else.

dlawson

• Total Posts: 237
              RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 04/24/09 8:22 AM (permalink)

I hope the above is an inside joke, as I simply can't believe that someone with over 9000 posts would stoop to trolling.

Anyway, below is from my visit to El Havanero yesterday. I apologize for the picture quality; it's from my cameraphone, and the lighting was not great where I was sitting.

I ordered the Fricase el Pollo, which included rice, green plantains (lightly fried), potatoes, and chicken in "Cuban" sauce. I also ordered a side of yucca (at right), which was served in a small pool of light garlic sauce (much lighter/thinner than I was used to). The overall experience was good, not great. Their approach is simple and has a very "home cooked" feel to it, which worked very well for some items (the rice and potatoes were excellent), reasonably well for others (the chicken and plantains were okay), and unfortunately not at all for the yucca, which was a bit undercooked. (For those who don't know, yucca is similar to a potato, but more "starchy" and fibrous.)

I spoke with chef Freddy for a bit, and he is more than willing to make "custom" dishes as long as the kitchen isn't backed up. He also said that he enjoys making other "island" cuisine, like a Puerto Rican mofongo, and I will take him up on that offer at some point. They have grand designs for the place; the dance floor, lights, fog machines, and VIP Room are already in place, aimed (hopefully) at the late night crowd. The dining area is relatively secluded from all of that, but I hope that the dining hours will be different from the nightclub hours.

I did not get a sandwich (which Freddy said they are calling the "Now and Later" due to its size, as people typically finish only half of it, and take the other half home), but it sounds excellent, and I plan on going back soon with my wife and brother, who has "not had a good Cuban in 5 years."

Bonk

• Total Posts: 505
                Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sat, 04/25/09 5:27 AM (permalink)
                NYPIzzaNut

BillyZoom

NYPIzzaNut

Over the years in Cinci there have been pizzerias who made pizza like they make in NY - the one that we have discussed here that was spot on was Roma Pizza downtown - just across from Aronoff Center - unfortunately they were in their hey day before the Aronoff came about - since then they became known as Trattoria Roma and the owner,  Quinton,  passed away and his wife took the operation over and they began catering to the Aronoff crowds and pizza was no longer king there and they no longer offered it by the slice and the pies are no where near as good.  There are at least a dozen pizza places who claim to make NY pizzas in GreaterCinci but their crusts fall far short of the mark.

Dewey's and Troni's  (Kettering) offer pizza with the type crust that NY pies are noted for.

You and some others think I am trashing most pizzas here but all I am saying is they are nothing like NY pizza - many members here in this area have no benchmark to measure by and have grown up on the stuff they routinely purvey here as pizza - if you like it that is your call - what I am saying is the best tasting pizza in the world is in NY and if you never had it you do not know what you are missing and if you want to call my comments incessant whining or trashing feel free and enjoy your cardboard and cracker pies for what they are.  I will  continue my quest - as I said great purveyors of NY pizza pies have come and gone here over the decades and I feel sure some will be coming along again who know how to make a NY pizza pie.

Have you considered moving back to New York?

I mean, I love Italian beef. Few places serve it in Cincinnati, none of them do it well. I just sort of accept that one has to live in Chicago to get a good beef sandwich. But I still live here, and Cincinnati has plenty of good food to offer.

If you love burnt crust with no toppings that much, then by all means, why are you wasting your time living here? I don't hold Cincinnati in contempt because I can't get a decent Italian beef here, then obsess about how great my food of choice is and why everyone in this city should conform to my standards while ripping the local options.

Your handle says it all. We understand. We're not stupid, and therefore don't need a refresher 10 times a month on what constitutes an authentic New York pizza. We've all made a choice not to live in New York.

Thank you.
                <message edited by Bonk on Sat, 04/25/09 5:21 PM>

Bonk

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sat, 04/25/09 5:44 AM (permalink)
                  Michael Hoffman

After much study, careful thought and on the job research I have come to the conclusion that the best answer to the question of where to eat in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky is anywhere else.

Columbus being the culinary capital of the U.S.

NYPIzzaNut

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sat, 04/25/09 6:56 PM (permalink)
                    Bonk

NYPIzzaNut

BillyZoom

NYPIzzaNut

Have you considered moving back to New York?

I mean, I love Italian beef. Few places serve it in Cincinnati, none of them do it well. I just sort of accept that one has to live in Chicago to get a good beef sandwich. But I still live here, and Cincinnati has plenty of good food to offer.

If you love burnt crust with no toppings that much, then by all means, why are you wasting your time living here? I don't hold Cincinnati in contempt because I can't get a decent Italian beef here, then obsess about how great my food of choice is and why everyone in this city should conform to my standards while ripping the local options.

Your handle says it all. We understand. We're not stupid, and therefore don't need a refresher 10 times a month on what constitutes an authentic New York pizza. We've all made a choice not to live in New York.

Thank you.
                    Been here in the area since
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Supper_Club_fire
                    I was driving up from Alabama the next morning and that was all that was on the radio.

Met my wife in Hyde Park.  (She was from Long Island and Brooklyn originally).

Adopted a lovely 6 year old boy after we got married here, who was from a broken Appalachian home background.

Came to work for a man who was from Detroit originally who had been in a town a good long while and was a real friend when I was in need of a change.

Have not lived in NY since a year after I got out of Vietnam and the Army.

So I am attached to Cinci area, for better or worse. Most of my family is gone from the part of NY I grew up in (Yonkers).

Everyone from NY who lives here has similar gripes in food.  I still yearn for NY hard rolls. German Potato Salad, Jewish rye bread, etc. 

I search hard for food that reminds me of what I ate while growing up in NY.

I happen to have a big mouth and you folks here can tune me out anytime you want.

I talk about a whole lot more than pizza - in a positive vein - if you pay attention.  If you want to jump on the bandwagon and crucify me have at it.  I am now retired and have plenty of spare time to check food out in the area around Cinci and Dayton and do so weekly, and I will continue posting here what ever strikes my fancy.

And good NY pizza does not have burnt crust - it is usually well-done and does not bend when you go to eat it with your hands.  (I never saw folks cut up their pizza and eating it with a fork til I moved here).

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sat, 04/25/09 7:40 PM (permalink)
                      Ok

and now back to Cincinnati eats:

I am looking for a get away place to eat a good meal on the east side.

Anyone got any ideas?

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                        Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sat, 04/25/09 10:45 PM (permalink)
                        Donald - not sure what you mean by "get away", but here's some good stuff nonetheless, all east side

For burgers - Terry's Turf Club nr Lunken

For hungarian/german - Iron Skillet in Newtown

For thai and/or sushi - Ruthai in Mt Lookout

For a great fast food experience - Roy Rogers on 32 a mile west of 275

For cheap ameri-mexican - Acapulco's in Milford (some will argue for Rincon in Eastgate, never had a good meal there myself)

For great sitdown\white tablecloth Chinese - Oriental Wok at the corner of Madison and Dana

For fine\high end dining - Boca on Madison Road in Oakley

For fab Beer\alcohol selection (so I am told, I dont drink) - Dilly Deli in Mariemont

For chicago style stuffed pizza - Mio's (in my very own Mt Washington) on Sutton Ave

For breakfast - The original Pancake House on Montgomery Road in Montgomery

For terrible boiled ribs drenched in sweety-sweet sauce :-) - Montgomery Inn on Montgomery Road in (you guessed it) Montgomery

Chili - yeah, I am sure you'll want more Chili - Blue Ash Chili, Blue Ash

<message edited by TJ Jackson on Sat, 04/25/09 10:54 PM>

wesleyman

• Total Posts: 57
                          Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sun, 04/26/09 10:15 PM (permalink)
                          CajunKing

Ok

and now back to Cincinnati eats:

I am looking for a get away place to eat a good meal on the east side.

Anyone got any ideas?

Not sure what you mean by "get away"?  lie a bed and breakfast or something?  Get away from whom?

Anyway we got some great places on the east side.  Just head up Beechmont ave and youll find it all.  We got an Outback!  Carrabas!  Olive Garden!  TGIFs!  AppleBees!  Heck we even have a Smokey Bones and an abandoned ribs joint where another rib joint once burned down...

I kid, I kid.

Check Terrys Turf Club http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/ent2/entity.aspx?e=215894 on Eastern ave for amazingly terrific burgers, OK fries and questionable service.  

Other good burgers?  Mirabelles tavern http://www.maribellestavern.com/  great burgers as well.

Salem gardens for great tasting, but dry burgers.  excellent fries, with cheese of course.  http://www.salemgardens.org/

want a slightly overrated, but much loved burger?  head to Zips http://www.mtlookoutsquare.com/index.html  

Sure its a mini chain but you wont find a better steak hoagie than at angilo's!  http://www.angilospizza.com/cgi-bin/location_detail.cgi?ID=42

not quite as good hoagies, but excellent pizza and great place for a family dinner http://www.miospizza.com/mtwashington/

some cannot agree on this but Los Portales in the old Tumbleweed at Skytop has been good everytime ive been there http://cityguide.aol.com/cincinnati/restaurants/los-portales/v-117988766  its something else now grande rancho or something, but we ate at their grand opening and it was cheap and awesome!

tex mex?  whatever that is?  head to el coyote.  http://www.elcoyotecincy.com/  now i havent been there in years, because its pricey and not as good as some say, but i remember having quite a steak fajita there.  Also had dinner with my now wife and her whole family there the night before I proposed.  they all knew, she didnt of course.  fun memorable evening.  warning.  two of my best friends describe this place very differently.  one says "best mexican EVER anywhere"  the other?  "the worst food I have ever eaten"  the truth?  probably somewhere in between...

want some fried chicken fried in lard?  its yummy, but will likely kill you straight away.  Check the Hitching Post http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hitching+post+cincinnati&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=1009206124502342006 down on Kellogg.  We eat it about once or so a year,  then try and run a few miles and get our hearts checked.

Quatmans in norwood is good.

Is hamburger heaven still open?  did I mention the Olive Garden???

<message edited by wesleyman on Sun, 04/26/09 10:18 PM>

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                            • Roadfood Insider
                            Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sun, 04/26/09 10:42 PM (permalink)
                            Thank you both!

You have given me some pretty good choices.  I have a friend coming down for the weekend and we don't want to eat on the west side (know toooooo many people on the WS, hence the get away part)

Terry's sounds like it will fit the bill nicely and so does TOPH for breakfast  ;-)

Thanks again

ps I agree with Acapulco's (we have one here and it is always good)

wesleyman

• Total Posts: 57
                              Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 04/27/09 10:23 AM (permalink)
                              CajunKing

Thank you both!

You have given me some pretty good choices.  I have a friend coming down for the weekend and we don't want to eat on the west side (know toooooo many people on the WS, hence the get away part)

Terry's sounds like it will fit the bill nicely and so does TOPH for breakfast  ;-)

Thanks again

ps I agree with Acapulco's (we have one here and it is always good)

ahhh i see.  i almost queried "get away from the west side?"  i grew up on the west side but now live on the east side.  though the majority of my life has been here on the east.  I still feel that strange draw to the West and we "get away" about once a year for the amazing sandwiches at J & Js.  We have Demitrios 4 here over in mariemont/madisonville and it does a good job at approximating the greatness of J&Js, but I always pine for the chefs salad and a turkey and beef in my hometown.

SteveB

• Total Posts: 13
                                Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 04/27/09 1:05 PM (permalink)
                                Last great pizza I had was in NY - Grimaldi's.  It cooked in under 3 minutes.  Crisp crust, slightly charred and lightly topped.   If a pizza can be described as gooey or cheesy..yuck.   And that chicogo deep dish stuff...should be called a casserole, not a pizza.   For those who like NY style pizza and have an oven that will get a pizza stone above 500 degrees - try buying dough from Pomodori's in Montgomery or Clifton and tossing your own. 

For a postive note:  Great dinner the other night - Cold spring rolls takeout from Song Long and ribs from down the street from KT's.  Both of these are best-in-class in Cincinnati...nothing even close. 

arianej

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 04/27/09 11:53 PM (permalink)
                                  Has anyone been to Casual Wok and Grille on Montgomery Rd.?  My parents are considering going for Mother's Day, but they've never been there.  The website has some pdf menus that look promising, with both dim sum and szechaun specials:

http://www.casualwok.com/

Polly Campbell gave it a good review last year, but I was wondering if anyone had a slightly more recent experience, particularly with the special menu.

Delilah77

• Total Posts: 31
                                    Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 04/28/09 9:14 AM (permalink)
                                    We ate there in February and it was the worst Chinese food that I've ever had. We had the crispy duck and a shrimp dish. The crispy duck was tepid in temperature but dry to the point of desication. The shrimp with lobster sauce was nearly tasteless.

I have heard people say that the dim sum is good but I've never had the desire to eat there again.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                                      Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 04/28/09 12:50 PM (permalink)
                                      Polly has a nice summary today of several new-ish Latin restaurants in the Fairfield area, including one I had never heard of - the Green Plantain

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090428/ENT01/304280074

rpglegal

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 04/28/09 1:52 PM (permalink)
                                        Casual Wok..  We have done their take out several times,  and judged it good.. not excellent,  but I don't expect a lot for Chinese takeout,  and it never seemed greasy.   But I have done their dim Sum on weekends 3 times and really enjoy it.   Especially the Crispy Shrimp,  and the Eggplant...

arianej

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 04/28/09 2:19 PM (permalink)
                                          Thank you, everyone-- a bit of a mixed review!  :)  I'm inclined to give it a try mostly because they bother to have a special menu, but the dim sum also sounds like a good option.  I'll report back if we do go.

KahnsKrazy

• Total Posts: 47
                                            Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 04/28/09 3:04 PM (permalink)
                                            I had a great meal at Martino's on Vine last week.  I got the wings and the girl got an italian sandwich.  Both portions were HUGE.  The wings are served "Pittsburgh style", which I guess means uncut.  I ordered a dozen, and was surprised to see that they were $1 each - until they came out.  12 full wings = 24 wings anywhere else. 

They were wonderfully crispy.  Some of the best cooked wings I've had anywhere.  We got the "garlic hot" sauce, which was tangy and interesting, but not quite my preference.  I will definitely go back and try another sauce. 

The italian sub was on fresh bread, and easily a foot long, if not longer.  The meats were exactly like I like them, and a perfect amount. 

As a bonus, draft pints were $1 for domestics.  We each had 2 beers, took home some leftover wings, and got out of there for $30 including tax & tip.

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
                                              Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Wed, 04/29/09 1:30 PM (permalink)
                                              KahnsKrazy~
                                              I frequent Martino's quite often, as I live close to there.  It is a family owned operation.  And the family is a close-knit family from Pittsburgh.  The owner, Marty, played football for UC, and the family moved here and opened the restaurant.

The dollar drafts are a special, and change daily.  They also have specials, such as make-your-own pizza on Tuesday, and build-your-own burger on Wednesday.  I think Monday{?} is all-you-can-eat spaghetti.

The hoagies are served in half & whole portions.  The half is one-foot long.  The whole is two-feet long.  The food is very good and reasonably priced.

I've never had the wings, because I'm not a fan, but they always smell great!!

NYPIzzaNut

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Wed, 04/29/09 2:27 PM (permalink)
                                                TJ Jackson

Polly has a nice summary today of several new-ish Latin restaurants in the Fairfield area, including one I had never heard of - the Green Plantain

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090428/ENT01/304280074

I came from Jungle Jim's south to I 275 yesterday and I never even saw the signs for El Havanero or the Green Plantain - either I am not very observant or their signage is not very prominent!  I made me a little map so I know better where to look next time in the area - the Cuban place is just before the Mexican taqueria on the same side of the road going South and the Green Plantain is just before Sabor Peruana on the same side as the other joints

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
                                                  Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Wed, 04/29/09 2:50 PM (permalink)
                                                  CajunKing

Terry's sounds like it will fit the bill nicely...

CK,

FYI about Terry's Turf Club ~ Try to go early or late.  They open at 4pm M-F, and noon on the weekends.  They serve food until near time for closing {I think @ 1-2am}.  If you go during peak times, it's a tight squeeze, and although I have never had bad service, the ones who complain, I'm sure, went at peak times.

I have been to TTC at 4-4:30pm and never had a problem.  I have also been there at 9:30-10pm, and have been the only people in the place {although once at @10pm on a Thursday, we had to wait}.  Live music on Friday & Saturday night might make late night more crowded than a weeknight.

I think TTC is definitely worth the trip, but you can avoid the crowds and the wait by planning.

Euched

• Total Posts: 33
                                                    Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Wed, 04/29/09 5:59 PM (permalink)
                                                    soozycue520

CajunKing

Terry's sounds like it will fit the bill nicely...

CK,

FYI about Terry's Turf Club ~ Try to go early or late.  They open at 4pm M-F, and noon on the weekends.  They serve food until near time for closing {I think @ 1-2am}.  If you go during peak times, it's a tight squeeze, and although I have never had bad service, the ones who complain, I'm sure, went at peak times.

I have been to TTC at 4-4:30pm and never had a problem.  I have also been there at 9:30-10pm, and have been the only people in the place {although once at @10pm on a Thursday, we had to wait}.  Live music on Friday & Saturday night might make late night more crowded than a weeknight.

I think TTC is definitely worth the trip, but you can avoid the crowds and the wait by planning.

On the cincinnati.com website this afternoon I noticed an article about Terry's Turf Club burger being listed as as Ultimate Burger in the Food Network Magazine.

Cincinnati.com article

rpglegal

• Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                      Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/30/09 11:55 AM (permalink)
                                                      Green Plantain - Is on the same side of the street as Sabor Peruana,  but actually in the little strip mall that is right next store to McDonalds.    I think it used to have a MAB paints...
                                                      We are  heading there next week for lunch,  I will take pictures and review for sure!

JJBear

• Total Posts: 1
                                                        Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/30/09 12:28 PM (permalink)
                                                        For those who think Deweys is the closest to NY style Pizza, I suggest one try Flying Pizza on Fields Ertle.
                                                        Very simple sauce (Little spice) and oregano blend is available as a shaker at the counter.
                                                        Thin crust is made fresh, Sicilian crust is made in advance and tasted stale the one time I ordered it.

The guys in there will even give some of the attitude too.

Bonk

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/30/09 5:29 PM (permalink)

Delilah77

• Total Posts: 31
                                                            Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Sat, 05/2/09 7:50 PM (permalink)
                                                            I tried Areti's, the new Greek food stall at Findlay Market today. The gyros are made fresh and come with tons of lamb meat, flat bread, tomatoes, onions and tzatziki sauce. The lamb was nicely spiced and the portion was great value for the money at 4.50. I could only finish half. They also had mousakka and stuffed grape leaves but I think those were to take home and reheat.

They still seem to be finding their bearings and the wait was about 20 minutes. I think this will lessen as they become more familiar with their routine and preparation.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 71 of 108, messages 2101 to 2130 of 3220

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 9 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com