AnsweredHot!WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 93 of 110
Author
westsider12
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 131
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/08 12:27:34 (permalink)
I saw the other day in the Enquirer that a new hot dog joint had opened up downtown.  As I am a connoisseur of tube steaks, I needed to try it out.  The place is called Tot Dogs and is located between 6th and 7th on Vine, next to Turquoise and across from the Skyline on the other side of the street.  It is a very small space, but very neat and clean, which I like.  The owner mentioned he was also the owner of the Lucy Blue pizza joint down the street and was looking to expand his sphere of influence.  He has been open for about three weeks now and serves a variety of dogs.  I always like to taste test a plain dog first and if it passes , then add on to it on subsequent visits.  For this visit, I ordered a regular hot dog (1.50) and an all beef dog (2.00), both sans toppings.  I also noticed that the special dog was a reuben dog (swiss cheese dog with sauerkraut and 1000 Island).  He pulled the buns out which were very fresh and studded with poppy seeds and proceeded to grill both the dogs and the buns.  I am a big fan of grilling both so I was already impressed.  I brought them back to my desk and found that the regular dog was ok, nothing special.  The bun was excellent; nice and soft and a perfect accompaniment to the dog.  The all beef was noticably tastier and much more fulfilling.  It had a great flavor with a little hint of garlic.  I did not ask for the brands he uses, but noticed a lot of GFS type merchandise so it very well could be a "price club" dog, but was very good.  Would definitely go back and try the all beef dog with chili and/or onions and peppers (both +.50 extra).  I also have my eye on the Mett and Italian Sausage.  Might not be worth a special trip since they are only open at lunch right now, but definitely worth a visit, especially with spring and warmer temps right around the corner.

http://www.totdogscincinnati.com/
dlawson
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 248
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/11 20:12:47 (permalink)
I apologize if it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but Chicago Gyros in Clifton is moving...across the street, next to King Wok. Menu changes are coming as well; the moving signs are calling the new location Chicago Gyros and Dogs, and they also mention Italian Beef sandwiches. "Coming 2012".
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 531
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/14 02:08:17 (permalink)
DLawson - Yeah, they've been talking about that since last summer. Originally they were going to move in November, then it was February.

Westsider - You had a choice between beef and non-beef hot dogs and you ate both? Of course the beef one was going to be better. ;)
westsider12
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 131
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/14 11:16:01 (permalink)
I was hoping for a surpise, something like "I just found the best $1.50 hot dog in America."  As you read, I did not.  The search will continue, though.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4578
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/14 18:19:47 (permalink)
I've mentioned Curry in a Hurry in the old Beechmont Mall a few times as they were under construction - it's open now, and it is "Taj India" with a subtitle "Carry in a Hurry".  I suspect something in the communication with the manufacturers of the signage went wrong, as I am all but certain they meant it to say 'Curry in a Hurry"

In any case, based soley on the name, I was expecting CHEAP Indian food.  Steam table food.  You know, not these 10-12 dollar dinners they have everywhere where naan is extra, but maybe 6-8 dollar rice-protein-bread (eggroll) combos like you can get at virtually any cheap chinese joint.  Nope.  AI think they have the exact same Northern Indian menu as 75% of the Indian restaurants in town, and their prices are *maybe* a buck cheaper.  If that.  I don't know if they are connected to another existing family of Northern Indian restaurant, but based solely on the menu, they almost certainly are, and I guess they are trying to take business from Royal Taj, which has not impressed me.

One thing was impressive - the Lunch Buffet is 5.99.  Thats the lowest I have seen locally, and we might just see a lunch buffet price war with the other two (Royal Taj, Indian Bistro) Indian restaurants offering a buffet, both of whom currently charge 6.99 more for theirs.  Royal Taj was at 7.99 or 8.99 til Indian Bistro came along a year or so back at 6.99, and they have reduced their buffet price to match Indian Bistro since.  

In other local eatin' news:

--[Opening Soon] signs are out in front of the Original Pancake House on Beechmont.  How soon?  Dunno.  Will keep you posted (I pass that corner every morning on the way to work)

--I verified that Kar-Ma is now Tan Thai tho the signage will not change for another month or so.  The food there remains outstanding.

--Amerasia in Covington has changed its name to Kung Food and raised their prices.   The menu is interesting looking with lots of over the top colors, a graphic on the front showing the chef sucker-punching what looks to be the bastard love child of Wendy (red pig tails and all) and Ronald McDonald, and lots of cute-sy names for the same old americhinese fare you can get anywhere.   Had one lunch, was not impressed, but on a coworker's insistence give it one more try.

--The newly opened Greco's in Longworth Hall is just a couple blocks from where I work, so I gave it a try.  I really liked the tacos I got.   The menu is very weird - tacos, 'grilled' pizzas, argentinian chimichurri, smoked salmon, sliders, and what appears (from the menu description) to be a sad and half-hearted attempt at an Italian beef sandwich.  I usually don't hold much hope for a place with such an unfocused menu, but the tacos gave me some hope.  Will be returning soon and reporting more. 

--Indian Bistro on Beechmont now has a frequent diner card.  Your 7th meal is free.   Good stuff, and they seem to be gaining in popularity locally.

--Mios in Milford (at the Cinemas, basically) appears to be closed for good.  Hey - owners of Deweys - how about taking over this spot?

--Not sure if I mentioned this elsewhere, but Caribe Carrryout in Price Hill (a stone's throw from Price Hill Chili) is moving to Short Vine.  The Price Hill location is already closed, but I am not sure when the Shot Vine location will open.  It may already have - any Clifton lunchers know?  I will miss the easy access to their cheap lunch combo and empanadas.
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2012/03/14 18:31:10
jmckee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1186
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/15 11:50:54 (permalink)
We ate at the Mio's at River's Edge, across from the Cinema, last year. It was... awful. Awful food. Awful service. We hadn't eaten Mio's since we lived in Mt. Washington, so maybe we were looking backward through rose-colored glasses, but boy was this lousy.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/16 11:10:59 (permalink)
We hit the Mio's at Clough and Eight Mile in Anderson and have never had a problem with the food or service. Sorry to hear that wasn't the case in Milford -- in this economy especially that's totally unacceptable.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3141
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/17 21:21:14 (permalink)
The target date for the OPH opening on Beechmont is now at month-end.
dlawson
Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/18 22:13:50 (permalink)
Most of the restaurants at the Levee continue to go downhill. Bar Louie, in particular, is a shell of its former self. We used to be there every Wednesday for dollar burgers and a pint, but somewhere along the way, they decided to put as little effort as possible into preparing the burgers, and apparently decided to stop cleaning the tap lines altogether. Dewey's remains the best option, Tom + Chee is fine for what it is, and I still miss Cafe Istanbul and The Bamboo Club.

I rather enjoy Newport Pizza Company a few blocks away, however, and I believe there has been some praise of Bayou Fish House on here as well. (I still haven't been to the latter, and it looks like they have a second location in Price Hill now.)
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/19 03:16:41 (permalink)
TJ - Yeah, looking back you were the first to endorse Just Q In, so I actually third the recommendation.

Got the pizza from Taste of Belgium well after lunch last week and it wasn't good at all. I guess the secret it getting it fresh (imagine that). I haven't seen the proprietor in the past six months, which is strange because in a market like this there are usually few outside employees.

I'm absolutely addicted to Eckerlin's cajun bacon. It's only $4.59 a pound, and I use it on everything. Seriously. they have some of the best bacon I've ever tasted.
sudie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 233
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/19 10:05:30 (permalink)
We really like Pelican's Reef on Beechmont......nicely prepared fish at reasonable prices.  Their portions are generous; I often eat a fish sandwich w/o the bread and there is plenty to eat.  I especially like their sweet potato fries.  I have a friend whose brother is the manager of Slightly North of Broad in Charleston, SC, and he proclaimed the fish offerings as very good.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/27 13:05:25 (permalink)
Couple of newish spots I am somewhat curious about.  Chime in if you have some info to share

A half block away from Findlay Market is a spot called "The Kitchen" which looks to be selling soul food.  I have not been in, drove by after picking up a banh mi at Pho Lang Thang

In Newport, just a half block south of Newport on the Levee, is Stone's Strong's Brick Oven Pizzeria.  Aptly named to open so close to Deweys - ala "they got them some stones".  Tiny place, just a few feet from Graeter's, between Graters and Eminent Domain on the Levee.  I dont think they are open just yet.   Pretty sure I saw "wood fired" on the window as I drove by, so it could be quite interesting. 
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2012/04/05 10:55:57
dlawson
Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/28 09:06:15 (permalink)
TJ Jackson
In Newport, just a half block south of the much-hated Newport on the Levee, is Stone's Pizzeria.  Aptly named to open so close to Deweys - ala "they got them some stones".  Tiny place, just a few feet from Graeter's, between Graters and Eminent Domain on the Levee.

If you are going to whine about someone talking sh*t about what Newport was, you could at least have the decency not to turn around and talk sh*t about what Newport is. I may no longer enjoy the dining options at the Levee, but I go fairly often for the entertainment options, thanks in part to a 1-year-old who loves aquatic life. I will also never forget what a boon the Levee was to downtown residents at a time when downtown took few steps to make itself a desirable place to live, because I was there. It is time to face the fact that the Newport you knew (which, frankly, does not exist without the aid of rose-colored glasses) is gone, and it is never coming back, and the entire region is now better for it.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/28 18:40:08 (permalink)
TJ Jackson

Couple of newish spots I am somewhat curious about.  Chime in if you have some info to share

A half block away from Findlay Market is a spot called "The Kitchen" which looks to be selling soul food.  I have not been in, drove by after picking up a banh mi at Pho Lang Thang

In Newport, just a half block south of the much-hated Newport on the Levee, is Stone's Pizzeria.  Aptly named to open so close to Deweys - ala "they got them some stones".  Tiny place, just a few feet from Graeter's, between Graters and Eminent Domain on the Levee.  I dont think they are open just yet.   Pretty sure I saw "wood fired" on the window as I drove by, so it could be quite interesting. 

Which direction is The Kitchen? I really don't like the venture much in the Findlay area on foot, but I did go west about a block to a place (I don't even remember seeing a name) that had a sign for gyros, and I've gone there twice.

I got the gyro the first time and it was OK, but everyone else was getting the chicken wings. So I got those the next time and thought they were pretty good but nothing special. 

Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/28 18:45:33 (permalink)
dlawson

TJ Jackson
In Newport, just a half block south of the much-hated Newport on the Levee, is Stone's Pizzeria.  Aptly named to open so close to Deweys - ala "they got them some stones".  Tiny place, just a few feet from Graeter's, between Graters and Eminent Domain on the Levee.

If you are going to whine about someone talking sh*t about what Newport was, you could at least have the decency not to turn around and talk sh*t about what Newport is. I may no longer enjoy the dining options at the Levee, but I go fairly often for the entertainment options, thanks in part to a 1-year-old who loves aquatic life. I will also never forget what a boon the Levee was to downtown residents at a time when downtown took few steps to make itself a desirable place to live, because I was there. It is time to face the fact that the Newport you knew (which, frankly, does not exist without the aid of rose-colored glasses) is gone, and it is never coming back, and the entire region is now better for it.

Not putting words in TJ's mouth, but he was referring to Newport on the Levee, not the city itself, and I think what he meant was many people think of it as a giant mall void of Roadfood-ish options.

I've been to NOTL a few times and don't have much of an opinion either way. 
dlawson
Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/03/28 21:08:16 (permalink)
He has explained his position before (including a PM in response to the above), and it has everything to do with how the Levee came about, not what it actually is. I really am not trying to pick a fight with him, as I value his reviews and updates. I do understand where he is coming from, but the anti-Levee schtick is tired just the same, much like the anti-Cincinnati schtick from another prolific poster who finally got a clue about threadcrapping. The irony is that none of the newer dining options in that area of Newport that excite him would (or could) even exist without the Levee.
sholley
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/01 21:07:41 (permalink)
Well it happened. .Just went past Roy Rogers and it is no longer.  The sign now reads Roney's.  What the heck.  That lady lied to me when she said there was no owner change and they did not have the holster for the fries anymore because they could not get them.  If the food has changed I will just die.  It is such a tradition for us to eat there before heading downtown for a concert.  If someone gets there before I do please let me know....:(
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/04 22:12:58 (permalink)
Couple or three Eastgate-area items

First up: Roy Rogers.  Err Roney's.  The name is from that super-short street that runs between Rt32 and Old State rt74, ie the street Roy's (and the long-closed Frischs) is on.   So I went in and looked around and ordered and ate....other than the name and the food wrappings/containers, everything is the same.....the roast beef, the chicken, the burgers, the bbq sauce, the fixins bar.  Prices seem the same as well.  They still have all the RR decor up and the menuboards are the same.  So I am no longer alarmed about this, except - some folks may think they have gone out of business, so make sure you tell everyone the food is the same, so they stay busy.

The other item - it seems there is a Tacqueria/tortilleria going in on Old St Rt 74.  This place is just barely west of the intersection of Old St Rt 74 and Mt Carmel-Tabasco, on the south side, and sorta kinda across from the State Farm office.  It is set back from the street and kinda hard to spot.  I see newer construction materials in and in back of the building in question, so it looks like work is underway and recent.  Bonk, you have anything on this place?  Maybe connected to the Mexican grocery around the corner?

One last thing - the gas station on the corner of Old St Rt 74 and Mt Carmel Tabasco Road has a BIG sign up right on the corner advertising BOILED PEANUTS.  Isn't that a Virginia thing?  What the heck?  Bonk, do you have the scoop on this?
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2012/04/04 22:16:59
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/05 10:57:00 (permalink)
The Pizza place near NotL I mentioned a few posts back opens today, according to http://cincinnati.com/blo...s-in-newport-thursday/

I will definitely get over there soon
donw9876
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 295
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/05 11:59:05 (permalink)
TJ Jackson
First up: Roy Rogers.  Err Roney's.  The name is from that super-short street that runs between Rt32 and Old State rt74, ie the street Roy's (and the long-closed Frischs) is on.   So I went in and looked around and ordered and ate....other than the name and the food wrappings/containers, everything is the same.....the roast beef, the chicken, the burgers, the bbq sauce, the fixins bar.  Prices seem the same as well.  They still have all the RR decor up and the menuboards are the same.  So I am no longer alarmed about this, except - some folks may think they have gone out of business, so make sure you tell everyone the food is the same, so they stay busy.

Is that cool red neon hat sign that you can see from both directions on Rt 32 still up? I know it's got nothing to do with the food but I always enjoyed seeing it.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/05 12:20:25 (permalink)
donw9876
Is that cool red neon hat sign that you can see from both directions on Rt 32 still up? I know it's got nothing to do with the food but I always enjoyed seeing it.

I wasn't specifically looking for it - but the neon lighting on the sign has been altered, displaying lit-up "Roney's" instead of "Roy Rogers"

As best I recall, the rim of the sign is outlined to look like a old west (ish) chuckwagon
donw9876
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 295
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/05 12:54:39 (permalink)
Oh, yeah, it is a chuckwagon. I thought of a hat because of Arby's signs (not even in the same category of food IMO.)

Cool. It sounds like this restaurant got out of its franchise agreement but was allowed to stay in business making the same food. Keeping the old sign surprises me because that would be a key element of the branding of Roy Rodgers. I have to get some of that stuff next time we go by there.
post edited by donw9876 - 2012/04/05 13:21:43
jmckee
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/05 13:05:51 (permalink)
On the Boiled Peanuts issue: It is a southern dish primarily, but I've noticed that the food mart on Old SR 74 at Schoolhouse Road (near where I live) also offers them.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/05 14:41:14 (permalink)
Thanks Jim - makes me wonder if there is a large contingent of Virginians or other southerners who have moved into that area, brinign demand for this product with them 

So, onto lunch - I headed west from work today to avoid any of the Opening Day stuff (not opposed to opening day, just crowds and delays in general) and wandered a bit, finally ending up at Delhi Chili in, well, Delhi.  My first stop there ever.  I ordered two cheese coneys (1.70 each) and brought them back to work to eat at my desk. 

Two issues

Issue 1 - this is VERY wet chili.  The buns were a soggy mess when I got back.  If you're going for coneys there, get them for eat-in.  That said, the chili flavor was decent enough.

Issue 2 - Although what they put on the coneys as they built them in front of me *looked* like the typical chili parlor cheese you get pretty much anywhere in town - I dont know what it was.  First, it did not melt together like it should have during the 10 minute drive back to work.  It wasn't melted at all.  Serious.  Instead - parts of it changed to a lighter color.   The taste was off too - much stronger, like - dare I say it - a sharp american?  

So - anyone have the inside scoop on whats up with the cheese at Delhi Chili?
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2012/04/05 14:44:35
jmckee
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/06 10:46:41 (permalink)
The food mart near me is run by east Indians or Pakistanis. Come to think of it, I've see boiled peanuts in similar markets outside the south....

Jack
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/07 04:25:23 (permalink)
TJ Jackson

Couple or three Eastgate-area items

The other item - it seems there is a Tacqueria/tortilleria going in on Old St Rt 74.  This place is just barely west of the intersection of Old St Rt 74 and Mt Carmel-Tabasco, on the south side, and sorta kinda across from the State Farm office.  It is set back from the street and kinda hard to spot.  I see newer construction materials in and in back of the building in question, so it looks like work is underway and recent.  Bonk, you have anything on this place?  Maybe connected to the Mexican grocery around the corner?

One last thing - the gas station on the corner of Old St Rt 74 and Mt Carmel Tabasco Road has a BIG sign up right on the corner advertising BOILED PEANUTS.  Isn't that a Virginia thing?  What the heck?  Bonk, do you have the scoop on this?

Both are news to me. I used to live in Union Twp. but I live in Anderson Twp. these days, so I don't get out to that area nearly as much as I used to. Interesting stuff, though.

Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/09 12:26:45 (permalink)
Did Just Q'In again on Saturday, and I was happy to see there were several other couples that had the same idea.

As I said earlier, I thought the mac and cheese was good but not worth $6.50 for a pint (for some reason it's the only side that's $1 more than the rest), so we decided to try the barbequed green beans and get more of the unbelievable beans.

We got another pound of brisket and tried the sampler, which is two wings, two ribs and a pulled pork sandwich.

The brisket was even better than the first time we went. It's seriously some of the best in the city. The ribs were also amazing. The meat practically fell off the bone and they were very juicy and flavorful.

I liked the wings too, and I would definitely get them again, but they weren't as good as the other two meats. The bar was set too high.

The beans were awesome again as well.

The pulled pork, which my wife got, came with cole slaw on top, which I don't care for, so I didn't try it. She prefers the creamy cole slaw to the vinegar based, and this was definitely vinegary, if that's a word. She said it was still pretty good.

The only disappointment was the barbequed green beans, which I had been looking forward to trying. The green beans were undercooked, and they had a little bit of barbeque sauce on them and a bunch of onions, which I don't like. Not what I was hoping for at all.

I highly recommend going there for the meat and the baked beans. Everyone there has been very friendly, which is a nice touch.

It did take a while for our order to get processed because three small groups were ahead of us and we ordered a good amount of food. It probably took 15 minuts to get out order, but we were in no hurry.

It is a little confusing when you first walk in, because you walk straight ahead to the counter and pay for it, then walk most of the way back to the door to the counter where they hand you the food. The problem is there aren't any signs explaining this, so people walk in and don't know where to go and who has already ordered.

I'm thinking one of these sets of poles with the ribbon to divide lines that they use at movie theaters would help.   
soozycue520
  • Total Posts : 1031
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/11 19:44:46 (permalink)
I stopped by Eli's BBQ  http://elisbarbeque.com/  last Saturday, on a whim, since I was riding by, and trying to find out exactly where it was. There was parking available, so I went in.  OMG!!! I have never had a pulled pork sandwich that was so good!! Not saying much, because Cincinnati is not known for "real" BBQ, but I have to say, it is GREAT!!! Sauce is on the side, and cole slaw comes on the sandwich, but you can request it on the side (which I did). The pulled pork, alone, is wonderful. Great flavor, with some burnt ends mixed in. I tried all combinations (with sauce & without, with cole slaw & sauce, etc.) I am not a big fan of slaw, but theirs is pretty darned good. My friend ordered ribs. Although they were good, they didn't even come close to the pulled pork. She was jealous. We both got plates, with mac and cheese. I got the jalapeno grits, and she got the jalapeno corn bread. All the sides were fabulous.  I highly recommend it!!

soozycue520
  • Total Posts : 1031
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/11 20:01:42 (permalink)
I tried Tot Dogs  http://www.totdogscincinnati.com/ . I got two all beef hot dogs, one with chili and cole slaw, the other chili onions and cheese. The dogs were big enough that you could taste them over the other components. I didn't find the chili, nor the cole slaw very exciting. But considering all the options available, it is worth more visits. The one thing that may pose a problem is, if you go during peak hours, service is slow, and can back up pretty quickly.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2012/04/18 15:31:59 (permalink)
I was the neighborhood of Eli's yesterday, which was easy to find because I could smell Q two blocks away. So I stopped by and got just the pulled pork sandwich.

I wouldn't classify it as the best I've ever had, but it was quite good.

Mine was just a hair drier than I would've liked, barely even worth mentioning. They toasted up the bun, which was a nice touch.

I don't do cole slaw, and it came on the side, so I brought it home for the Mrs. to try, and she loved it.

The barbeque sauce also came on the side. It was really interesting. It was a little smoky like a Memphis style, but not nearly as thick with some vinegar. And it was definitely a little spicy, but not overly so.

The sauce reminded me a little of Just Q In. I think Eli's is also a black-run operation, which is great because I love the different spice combination black grillmasters tend to use that you can't find anywhere else and also explains the similarities in the sauces.

I'm going to go back this weekend and try the ribs and possibly -- don't laugh -- the beef hot dogs. Hey, it's tough finding good hot dogs in Cincinnati now with places shutting down left and right.
Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 93 of 110
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1