Tassimo

Double Cheeseburger
2008/12/10 13:49:36
Anyone tried these Tassimo systems? They look interesting. How is their coffee/latte/cocoa? Are the pods expensive?

I'm thinking about getting one.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/10 13:57:43
We use the Senseo at our small office. It was cheap to buy (Bed, Bath and Beyond) with a 20% off coupon and we buy the pods at Walmart. They don't offer more than about 4-5 coffee choices but, they are all very good. And, cheap!
RibRater
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/10 14:05:59
We tried a senseo for a back up brewer and didn't like it. Currently we are using a Keurig B70 - my wife likes it more then I do but overall it's a good piece of equipment. We drink our coffee strong so we have to use 2 extra bold k-cups for a large cup of coffee.

All things considered, I would buy this unit again.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/10 14:15:49
You can put 2 pods in the Senseo and run it for one cup. It has a, one cup and, a two cup setting. We bought it mainly because it was very inexpensive to buy. And because the pods are not proprietary, they can be bought easily almost anywhere.
RibRater
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/10 14:23:50
quote:
Originally posted by Twinwillow
And because the pods are not proprietary, they can be bought easily almost anywhere.

Yeah, that's a problem for the k-cups. I order mine from amazon so it's not a huge deal but if you run out it's very difficult to find them locally.

Mrs.Crunch
Cheeseburger
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/10 14:48:27
We have a Melitta One System, the machine itself only is $50.00 and the pods come in a box of 18 for $5.00 with varied flavors like Southern pecan, Pumpkin pie , Hazelnut and so on. Love the coffee (it also makes tea) it produces, I suppose the only downside is you have to re order the pods though their website.....
We stayed in a very nice hotel in Savannah which had these machines in our hotel room, we were quite impressed with the flavor and strength of the coffee.

joerogo
Filet Mignon
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/10 18:13:02
I use a Tassimo every morning. I use Maxwell house discs. Good cup of coffee IMO.
RE: Tassimo 2008/12/11 11:11:35
I bought a Tassimo for my daughter's College dorm room, she IS picky, she loves it!