Try One Of THESE? Who's with me???

Hamburger
2008/12/11 15:49:21
First it was chocolate & peanut butter... now it's BACON & chocolate?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/11 15:56:13
Actually, it's bacon and chocolate and it's pretty good. The smokiness and saltiness of the bacon pairs nicely with the chocolate.
Foodosaurus
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/11 15:58:43
I would try it.

There is a Pizza place in Southington, CT that has a specialty pie called, "Skippy's Dare." It is a white pie with provolone, bacon, and peanut butter.

We decided to try it at work one day. No one said they didn't like it. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'd order it again. There were a few people who thought it was fantastic, and did order it the next time we had pizza.
Big Ugly Mich
RE: Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/11 16:11:06
Check this out: http://www.epicurean.com/articles/beyond-jelly-reinventing-the-peanut-butter-sandwich.html

I'm told some musician used to eat fried peanut butter and overripe banana sandwiches either with bacon or fried in bacon fat, depending on the source. Maybe someone else can confirm this. His name is Elvis or something like that.

I'm more curious about the organic enchanted mushroom bar myself.
WarToad
RE: Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/11 16:30:28
I've had Chocolate covered bacon before. It was actually kinda good. You get the salty/sweet combo going on like a nut-roll.

My biggest gripe is it's usually kinda pricey.
stricken_detective
RE: Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/11 20:59:36
I am so with you!
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/13 18:54:49
I mentioned last year about having bacon ice cream, which was better than I expected, so, hey, why not, chocolate?

Bacon sundaes with chocolate sprinkles/jimmies, anyone?
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/21 19:15:17
Homer Simpson should've patented this when he had the chance - but I guess he'd gotten burned in that whole 'Flaming Homer' thing...
billyboy
Re:Try One Of THESE? Who's with me??? 2008/12/21 20:00:00
I had a chocolate cupcake with a Bacon-Caramel frosting and a pumpkin mousse filling spiked with bacon fat at a bakery called Batch in NYC last month and R.U.B. BBQ on 23rd St. in Manhattan now has bacon chocolate chip cookies.  May have to make those cookies part of a future trip report!