brickie
  • Total Posts : 226
  • Reward points : 0
Flay in the Day - Thu, 12/18/08 1:19 PM

Foodosaurus
  • Total Posts : 622
Re:Flay in the Day - Thu, 12/18/08 1:37 PM
Well I'm excited!  I have wanted to try the burger place since I read about the one in Long Island.  Now I don't have to go as far.

DPuro329
  • Total Posts : 406
Re:Flay in the Day - Sat, 12/20/08 9:42 AM
I ate at the one he recently opened in NJ. I don't know I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would have been.
I thought I had posted about it in the NJ Hamburgers thread but I can't seem to find it. Maybe with the switch it was lost. Anyway I thought it was a bit pricey and the burger seemed lost under the toppings, I ordered one of the specialty burgers. It also wasn't as juicy as I would have liked.

Dave 
<message edited by DPuro329 on Sat, 12/20/08 9:51 AM>

ellen4641
  • Total Posts : 3531
Re:Flay in the Day - Sun, 12/21/08 1:03 AM
DPuro329

I ate at the one he recently opened in NJ. I don't know I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would have been. 

Dave 

AGREED, Dave !!
I went to the new Bobby's Burger Palace outside of the Monmouth Mall  on Monday Dec. 8th. It had just opened up a few days before, (including having THE Bobby Flay being there.   I was glad he was'nt there for my visit, as I prefer to see how the place is really going to be on a more normal day    .   I've been meaning to do a mini Trip Report... asap

But to get right to the "meat of the matter" , here's a pic of my BOBBY'S burger..

nothing special, although I LOVED the dark chocolate milkshake..
(it was $5.00 for the shake; wish it was the shake was  little bigger, though)
I guess I was a bit luckier than you, Dave, in that  mine WAS juicy, however it still was'nt "all that"..   (I ordered it medium, and got a nice amount of pink.
The man ahead of me was allowed to order his medium rare, without the "burger police" coming after him. I do give the place credit for that...)
The french fries were blah... and not the fresh cut type..

Not worth the price, though, as I had to shell out about 15 bucks for the burger, fries, and shake...

<message edited by ellen4641 on Sun, 12/21/08 1:19 AM>

jeepguy
  • Total Posts : 1555
Re:Flay in the Day - Sun, 12/21/08 3:08 AM
 Where there Pepoos in everything? 

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
Re:Flay in the Day - Sun, 12/21/08 3:53 PM
Today's Star ledger has an article on Flay's burger place at the Eatontown Mall...Perhaps you could find it on their on-line site!