Flay in the Day

Double Cheeseburger
Re:Flay in the Day 2008/12/18 13:37:37
Well I'm excited!  I have wanted to try the burger place since I read about the one in Long Island.  Now I don't have to go as far.
DPuro329
Cheeseburger
Re:Flay in the Day 2008/12/20 09:42:58
I ate at the one he recently opened in NJ. I don't know I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would have been.
I thought I had posted about it in the NJ Hamburgers thread but I can't seem to find it. Maybe with the switch it was lost. Anyway I thought it was a bit pricey and the burger seemed lost under the toppings, I ordered one of the specialty burgers. It also wasn't as juicy as I would have liked.

Dave 
post edited by DPuro329 - 2008/12/20 09:51:55
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
Re:Flay in the Day 2008/12/21 01:03:55
DPuro329

I ate at the one he recently opened in NJ. I don't know I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would have been. 

Dave 

AGREED, Dave !!
I went to the new Bobby's Burger Palace outside of the Monmouth Mall  on Monday Dec. 8th. It had just opened up a few days before, (including having THE Bobby Flay being there.   I was glad he was'nt there for my visit, as I prefer to see how the place is really going to be on a more normal day    .   I've been meaning to do a mini Trip Report... asap

But to get right to the "meat of the matter" , here's a pic of my BOBBY'S burger..

nothing special, although I LOVED the dark chocolate milkshake..
(it was $5.00 for the shake; wish it was the shake was  little bigger, though)
I guess I was a bit luckier than you, Dave, in that  mine WAS juicy, however it still was'nt "all that"..   (I ordered it medium, and got a nice amount of pink.
The man ahead of me was allowed to order his medium rare, without the "burger police" coming after him. I do give the place credit for that...)
The french fries were blah... and not the fresh cut type..

Not worth the price, though, as I had to shell out about 15 bucks for the burger, fries, and shake...

post edited by ellen4641 - 2008/12/21 01:19:00
jeepguy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Flay in the Day 2008/12/21 03:08:50
 Where there Pepoos in everything? 
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Flay in the Day 2008/12/21 15:53:58
Today's Star ledger has an article on Flay's burger place at the Eatontown Mall...Perhaps you could find it on their on-line site!