The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Post your bugs and issues here...

Change Page: << < ..1112131415161718 > | Showing page 11 of 18, messages 301 to 330 of 540
smithmary

• Total Posts: 2
Re:Useable Technology Sat, 07/3/10 12:46 AM (permalink)
Felix, I strongly advocate you delegate your application to the current version of Internet Explorer.  The variation you get is over 7 life old, and doesn't reason numerous of the stylish JavaScript standards.  I am not sure if you can get IE 7.0 with Windows 2000, but Firefox is another unloose choice which is probably braced.
===========

eruby

• Total Posts: 585
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/7/10 1:47 PM (permalink)
    I seem to be having problems searching for Lancaster, PA.  When I type it in, or just Lancaster, I get the error 403 and Access Denied, Not Authorized.

I was searching near Millersville, PA (and found a post for a cheesesteak place), but I keep getting kiboshed on the search word Lancaster.

Here is the what comes up:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Foodosaurus

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/7/10 1:50 PM (permalink)
      eruby

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I've been getting the same message when clicking on links to past forums.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/7/10 3:43 PM (permalink)
        There are a few words you can't search on for security purposes, and I am pretty sure Lancaster won't work because it contains "cast," which is used by hackers.  Sorry...

Tony Bad

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/7/10 4:01 PM (permalink)
          Try THIS.

Due to roll over into new forum software, it is often a better way to find archived posts.

eruby

• Total Posts: 585
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/8/10 8:05 AM (permalink)
            Tony Bad

Try THIS.

Due to roll over into new forum software, it is often a better way to find archived posts.
            Thanks Tony!!!

If I had half a brain, I'd be an idiot. 

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
              Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/14/10 1:13 PM (permalink)
              When I click on a topic it takes me to the forums...Russ

Ivyhouse

• Total Posts: 329
                Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 2:21 PM (permalink)
                How do I sign up for the newsletter?  When click on the link on the home page I get the registration page. 

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                  Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 2:50 PM (permalink)
                  Same here. I've tried signing up for the newsletter, but I've had no success and need some advice. Thanks.

plb

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 3:10 PM (permalink)
                    Carolina Bob

Same here. I've tried signing up for the newsletter, but I've had no success and need some advice. Thanks.

Is it still being issued?  I have not received it for months.

Tony Bad

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 4:39 PM (permalink)
                      If you click on "My Roadfood" right under your name while signed in a page with various options will open.

Be sure the box is checked next to "Put me on your mailing list. (Spam Free!)" and I believe that will get you the newsletter.

Stephen...please correct me if this is wrong.

PLB, check this same area to be sure the "mailing list" box is checked.

Ivyhouse

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 4:45 PM (permalink)
                        Tony Bad

If you click on "My Roadfood" right under your name while signed in a page with various options will open.

Be sure the box is checked next to "Put me on your mailing list. (Spam Free!)" and I believe that will get you the newsletter.

Thanks, Tony.

I checked My Roadfood and I do have that box clicked, but I have never received a newsletter.

Karen

Tony Bad

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 4:52 PM (permalink)
                          Ivyhouse

Tony Bad

Thanks, Tony.

I checked My Roadfood and I do have that box clicked, but I have never received a newsletter.

Karen

Is it possible the message/newsletter is getting filtered out or sent to your junk mail folder? A lot of updates to the same mail handler you may have been using for years will alter or reset junk filters and "throw out" things you may have gotten in the past.

The newsletter comes via this e-mail address...

emails@roadfood.com 

You may want to add that address to your contact list and see if that lets it through. Of course if you just aren't getting it sent at all, that won't help.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                            Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/22/10 7:04 PM (permalink)
                            Mine goes to my junk mail filter but I usually catch it and transfer it over to my inbox. One of these days I will fix my filter and correct Roadfood and several others that I get that way that I almost always transfer over. Usually the Facebook notifications go to my junk mail but I don't open or read them and just make a mental note to go to Facebook and read them there.

Ivyhouse

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 07/23/10 11:39 AM (permalink)
                              Tony,

I added emails@roadfood.com  to my contacts.  When will the next newsletter be sent?

Karen

Tony Bad

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 07/23/10 11:55 AM (permalink)
                                They are usually sent on Mondays.

Keep us posted on whether this helped solve your issue. I hope so!

Ivyhouse

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 07/23/10 12:28 PM (permalink)
                                  Will do!

Thanks,

Karen

Ivyhouse

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/28/10 3:02 PM (permalink)
                                    Tony Bad

They are usually sent on Mondays.

Keep us posted on whether this helped solve your issue. I hope so!

Tony,

I checked my inbox Monday, Tuesday and today -- still no newsletter.

Karen

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 07/28/10 4:54 PM (permalink)
                                      I'll check with the IT guys and see if your name is on the email server

Ivyhouse

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 07/30/10 9:23 AM (permalink)
                                        Stephen Rushmore Jr.

I'll check with the IT guys and see if your name is on the email server

Thanks, Stephen.

Tony Bad

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 07/30/10 9:50 AM (permalink)
                                          David_NYC

Does the forum software automatically ban people who exceed certain thresholds?

We are aware of the situation.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 07/30/10 1:58 PM (permalink)
                                            IVYHouse, it seems the issue is with AOL, which occasionally likes to block mass emails from us until we tell them we are legit.  We'll contact them, but it wouldn't hurt for you to do the same.

richard.h.martin

• Total Posts: 2
                                              Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Sat, 07/31/10 11:34 AM (permalink)
                                              I can't find any other way to send suggestions to the webmaster. I am a new Insider and am disappointed to find that there are no links to the websites of any of the restaurants listed in Roadfood. I realize that maintaining links is a pain in the neck, but for $20 a year I'd expect you to at least try, the way many free websites, e.g., Google Maps, do.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Sat, 07/31/10 2:35 PM (permalink)
                                                richard.h.martin

I can't find any other way to send suggestions to the webmaster. I am a new Insider and am disappointed to find that there are no links to the websites of any of the restaurants listed in Roadfood. I realize that maintaining links is a pain in the neck, but for $20 a year I'd expect you to at least try, the way many free websites, e.g., Google Maps, do.

Richard, what information are you looking for on the restaurant web sites?  We list them whenever we add restaurants, so it's quite possible they don't exist.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9551
                                                  Re:Useable Technology Wed, 08/25/10 4:15 AM (permalink)
                                                  Is anyone else getting "Knocked Out" of threads you subscribed to for getting instant notification?
                                                  I've subscribed to a number of threads and I'm getting deleted from the thread. I only find out that I've been put back to a non-subscriber if I go on the main page and pull up the "Show me all the previous topics" page only to notice there are threads that I subscribed to but never got an email notification. Then I need to click on it and have to re-subscribe. I've been knocked off the same thread several times.

Can you fix that Stephen?
                                                  <message edited by Foodbme on Wed, 08/25/10 4:16 AM>

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6080
                                                    Re:Useable Technology Wed, 08/25/10 8:50 AM (permalink)
                                                    Yes, I subscribe to threads and never get notification on some. On others, they stop coming after a few posts. Then once in a blue moon, I'll get a new post from a thread years old. I've given up trying to figure what's going on!!!!

Ivyhouse

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/25/10 9:06 AM (permalink)
                                                      Stephen Rushmore Jr.

IVYHouse, it seems the issue is with AOL, which occasionally likes to block mass emails from us until we tell them we are legit.  We'll contact them, but it wouldn't hurt for you to do the same.

Thanks, Stephen.  I am not sure how AOL comes into play for me, though -- my email account is with Yahoo, and I access it either through work (not using AOL) or home (Verizon).

Karen

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/25/10 10:58 AM (permalink)
                                                        Apparently the developer of the forums software is aware of the subscription issue.  They are supposed to release a massive update any day now that resolves that issue along with a host of others (including iPad and mobile support!)

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6080
                                                          Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/25/10 12:13 PM (permalink)
                                                          Thanks Stephen for the update..

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9551
                                                            • Location: Gilbert, AZ
                                                            Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/25/10 12:57 PM (permalink)
                                                            leethebard

Thanks Stephen for the update..

Ditto. And I'm on MSN.cpm

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..1112131415161718 > | Showing page 11 of 18, messages 301 to 330 of 540

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com