Change Page: 123456789 > | Showing page 1 of 9, messages 1 to 60 of 540
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
  • Reward points : 0
Post your bugs and issues here... - Wed, 12/24/08 4:37 PM
[Helpful answer received] / [List Solutions Only]

Post a bug report

Please include:
  1. The detailed error message you gathered. If there isn't any, let me know as well.
  2. What are the steps to reproduce the issue.  Please include links and very specific steps so I can follow them.
  3. Date/time the event occurred
  4. Browser and version, operating system
All other posts unrelated to the above will be deleted.  This thread will be kept tidy so people can quickly see all outstanding issues.

I will not be actively checking any other threads for bug/issue reports, so they must be posted here to receive top priority.

KonaErnie
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Thu, 12/25/08 12:53 PM
[This post was marked as helpful]
porkchopexpress

After I post in a topic I use to be able to hit the back button to go back to the forum but now it won't allow me to do it. Is it just me or my browser or is it the new forum  

You can set it up to go back to the forum after you submit a post. Go to user control panel>profile>preferences>post preferences>redirect to original forum>save.
<message edited by KonaErnie on Thu, 12/25/08 1:07 PM>

felix4067
  • Total Posts : 3291
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Thu, 12/25/08 9:56 PM
Sorry about that.  With the formatting all screwed up it's REALLY hard to read posts, so I didn't even read your original post, just added my problems to the thread.

Question 1: there are no error messages.
Question 2: I can reproduce the issue by coming to the site and trying to click on any of the buttons in the forusm...none of them do anything, except some of them will take me to the top of the page I'm already on.
Question 3: Currently, 9:53pm EST, December 25, 2008.  But it happens every time I come to the site.
Question 4: IE6, Win2KPro

Screenshot below (hopefully...none of the formatting is working for me so I'll include a link as well) to illustrate the formatting problems as well as the missing graphics under user names.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/felix4067/roadfood.jpg

felix4067
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Thu, 12/25/08 10:00 PM
I can't edit, but I did get this error message from IE when I made the above post just now (10:00pm EST 25 December 2008, still IE6, still Wind2kPro):

Line: 733
Char: 38
Error: 'Sys.Application' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?high=$m=472795&mpage=1#473108

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Thu, 12/25/08 10:14 PM
Felix, I strongly recommend you upgrade your browser to the latest version of Internet Explorer.  The version you have is over 7 years old, and doesn't support many of the latest JavaScript standards.  I am not sure if you can get IE 7.0 with Windows 2000, but Firefox is another free option which is probably supported.

MilwFoodlovers
  • Total Posts : 3090
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Thu, 12/25/08 10:44 PM
Bushie

Unless I'm overlooking something, I don't see how to send an email to someone anymore.  All of the options are IM stuff, but I don't see a simple email option anymore.  Please advise.

Bushie if you hover over a persons name, a drop down box gives you 3 choices one of which is send a private message.

felix4067
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Mon, 12/29/08 12:55 AM
Just an interesting thing...Firefox 1.5.0.6 is supported (what I'm using now), but not IE6.  IE6, however, works absolutely perfectly for the rest of the site, it's just the new forums software that won't play well with it.

Also, no matter what I do, I cannot stay logged in to the forums once I close the browser window.  There is no error message, I'm still using Win2kPro, Firefox 1.5 as stated above, and it can be reproduced by closing my browser and coming back to the site, even as little as 10 seconds later.  URLs are irrelevant, as it happens on every forum page I try.  Time of current login attempt was approximately 12:50 EDT December 29, 2008.

Also, hitting the tab key used to take me to the post message button, but now all it does is act as if I'm hitting tab in a Word document within the post.  No big deal, but annoying.

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Link Text Issue - Tue, 12/30/08 10:26 AM
1. Error message: NONE

2. Edit a message to add a link.  Link window opens.  Cannot type in "Text" window.

3. 12/30/08 0900 EST

4. Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000; Windows Vista

MiamiDon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 10:31 AM
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

MiamiDon

Another interesting issue is that when creating a post, I can insert the full image code from the Roadfood Insider page (which includes the img codes), but if I do the same when editing, the dreaded red X in a little box appears.  I had to strip the IMG codes to make it work.

I was unable to replicate.  When I edit a post with a Roadfood Insider photo it shows in the editor (as a large picture).  Can you give me reproducible steps?

Stephen,

I'll try to duplicate it in this post.

Below is editted part:

OK, here is an insert of a photo from the Roadfood Insider listing, uneditted:

" border=0>

Here is an insert of the same photo with the IMG codes removed: 

<message edited by MiamiDon on Tue, 12/30/08 10:39 AM>

MiamiDon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 10:41 AM
Stephen,

Please note that in the above message that after the first edit, I saw the "red X box" for the first photo insertion.  After I added the second one, it displayed the HTML code that you see there.

1bbqboy
  • Total Posts : 4542
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 12:13 PM
KonaErnie

annpeeples

I have asked this question numerous times-where, on earth are the icons????

Ann....On the left hand side look for a vertical box that says smilies. Just click on it and it will open up the emoticons.

but only on the full reply. No smilies on the quick reply anymore

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 12:31 PM
Twinwillow

I'm getting tired of being directed to the "forum navigation" page after clicking on one of "todays current topics" on the "home" page.
Is this going to be corrected or, is that the way it's going to be now?

I am still not following.  Please provide links and a walkthrough of exactly what is going on.  I also need to know browser information.  Please read the explicit instructions I posted at the top of the thread.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Tue, 12/30/08 12:34 PM
mar52

So what I'm saying is that sometimes when I do some double clicking I lose everything on the page.

I need more specifics - please refer to the original post in the thread.

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4896
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 12:49 PM
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Twinwillow

I'm getting tired of being directed to the "forum navigation" page after clicking on one of "todays current topics" on the "home" page.

I am still not following.  Please provide links and a walkthrough of exactly what is going on.  I also need to know browser information.  Please read the explicit instructions I posted at the top of the thread.

Ok, Stephen, not all the time but, most of the time, since the new format started, when I click on a topic listed under, "latest forum conversations" on the home page, instead of directing me to that topic's page, I'm being directed to main "forum navigation page" that lists all the topics. I'm using a Mac with the latest OS X operating system. And, I never had this problem with the old format.
Mind you, it doesn't happen all the time. Just, most of the time.
Thank you.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 1:13 PM
Twinwillow, please send me a link when this does happen to you.  Otherwise, it will be difficult for me to troubleshoot.

Davydd
  • Total Posts : 6222
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 5:14 PM
You don't need to use the smilie menu selections. Just learn your favorites such as :) for smile, :( for sad, ;) for wink and :D for laugh and put them between these brackets [ ] and get and by just typing them. Those are the easy ones to remember.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 12/30/08 10:23 PM

stephen, I know what he means now. Where do we send you the link?
Post the link on this thread

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Tue, 12/30/08 10:31 PM
boyardee65

I am having a problem subscribing to any forum topic even if I am the poster of said topic. No error message, but I don't get the option to subscribe. I went to the subscription menu and all of my previous subscriptions are saved but I can't subscribe to any new topics.

boyardee65@yahoo.com

See the attached screen shot
Attached Image(s)

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Wed, 12/31/08 2:33 AM
Stephen,

I was working on a trip report on 12/31/08 at approximately 1:30 am and I'm working on a Dell computer with Windows Internet Explorer.  I hope that answers detail #4.  I am hopelessly lost when it comes to "browsers and operating systems".  Anyway, I didn't get any kind of error message, but I found that I was unable to copy and paste text and pictures within the body of the trip report as I have done in the past.  I usually end up having to move pictures around as I edit my reports.  When I went to drag my cursor over the Photobucket links that I had already pasted to the report, I was unable to move them within the report.  I tried using the paste function by right clicking and also by clicking paste at the top of the board screen for the report.  Neither option worked. 

Also, I usually don't finish my reports in one sitting, so I copy and paste what I have done into the body of an email that I send to myself so That I can revisit it later on and just copy and paste it back into the body of a trip report at a later date.  I found that I was unable to copy or paste any of it into my email as I had previously done.  I hope I haven't left out any details.  Still trying to navigate the new site and I think it'll get easier with time.  Thanks so much! 

dexmat
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Wed, 12/31/08 7:33 AM
billyboy

Stephen,

I was working on a trip report on 12/31/08 at approximately 1:30 am and I'm working on a Dell computer with Windows Internet Explorer.  I hope that answers detail #4.  I am hopelessly lost when it comes to "browsers and operating systems".  Anyway, I didn't get any kind of error message, but I found that I was unable to copy and paste text and pictures within the body of the trip report as I have done in the past.  I usually end up having to move pictures around as I edit my reports.  When I went to drag my cursor over the Photobucket links that I had already pasted to the report, I was unable to move them within the report.  I tried using the paste function by right clicking and also by clicking paste at the top of the board screen for the report.  Neither option worked. 

Also, I usually don't finish my reports in one sitting, so I copy and paste what I have done into the body of an email that I send to myself so That I can revisit it later on and just copy and paste it back into the body of a trip report at a later date.  I found that I was unable to copy or paste any of it into my email as I had previously done.  I hope I haven't left out any details.  Still trying to navigate the new site and I think it'll get easier with time.  Thanks so much! 

I don't know about IE but in Firefox when I try to right-click to cut and paste in the Message Reply window I get pop-up messages which say to use Ctrl-C for copy and Ctrl-V for paste (Ctrl-X for delete, although the delete key still works).  I've presumed this is just the way this software works and may not be anything Stephen can do anything about.

marzsit
  • Total Posts : 343
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Thu, 01/1/09 5:46 AM
the new forum software is full of bugs... infested, some would say.........

win2k here, ie 7-something, i still cannot log on unless i go into my c: drive and physically delete everything in my cookies and temp internet directories. this, of course, kills all pointers to all of the other websites that i visit. 

great upgrade.......

marzsit
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Thu, 01/1/09 6:16 AM
as long as i stay within the roadfood domain, i remain logged-in. if i leave, i cannot log back in unless i delete all cookies and internet cache and history. a real pain in the a**............. great upgrade, i hope it's worth it to somebody............. well, it justifies their existence anyway.

edwmax
  • Total Posts : 2014
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Thu, 01/1/09 7:57 AM
Twinwillow

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Twinwillow

Ok, Stephen, not all the time but, most of the time, since the new format started, when I click on a topic listed under, "latest forum conversations" on the home page, instead of directing me to that topic's page, I'm being directed to main "forum navigation page" that lists all the topics. I'm using a Mac with the latest OS X operating system. And, I never had this problem with the old format.
Thank you.

I have the same thing happening also.  I am using Firefox 3.03 on Windows XP home.
For example clicking on "Post your bugs and issues here...", I get this page <http://www.roadfood.com/forums/> insead of this page <http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=472795&high=>

Trying this differently, I right click on "Post your bugs and issues here..." and copy the link <  http://roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=472795  >.  Then paste into the URL line of a new brower window, I get this page to load < http://www.roadfood.com/forums/  >

Date/time the event occurred:   It is happening now as I type this post. But the problem does seem to clear up later in the morning/day and then comes back as forum activity slows down.

edwmax
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Thu, 01/1/09 8:42 AM
billyboy

billboy,

Why not build your reports in Wordpad, or better, Word (if you have it). Then copy and paste into the forum post editor when you are ready to make the post. You should be able to make final adjustments then. If you don't finish the report in one sitting, you can simply save the file on your computer.  I do this myself and run spell check from Word.

I think and guessing your problem is more the result of a very busy server and/or your server connection is getting pushed way down in the queue due to the length of time the editor window is open.  I seem to have similar problems when the editor window has been open for a while and have to close and reopen another window to finish a post.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Thu, 01/1/09 4:53 PM
Funny, I get none of the above problems at all. I use IE6, ....but I still dont understand why some of the photos are so small.
I am logged in all the time, as another user suggested, and Its hard.. Most of them are photobucket, but yet, some are small and others normal.

edwmax
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Thu, 01/1/09 7:10 PM
roossy90

Funny, I get none of the above problems at all. I use IE6, ....but I still dont understand why some of the photos are so small.
I am logged in all the time, as another user suggested, and Its hard.. Most of them are photobucket, but yet, some are small and others normal.

I just open IE7 and clicked on "Post your bugs and issues here..." and got the page <http://www.roadfood.com/forums/  >

Same problem as in Firefox.

cecif
  • Total Posts : 1412
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/2/09 11:46 PM
Twinwillow

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Twinwillow

Thank you.

Stephen, this might be more of a query than a bug but I am replying with twinwillow's issue quoted since it might be related...

In the old forum set-up, when I clicked on "[Show Me All Unread Topics]" on the front page, it went to a page that showed all topics I had not read since my last visit (which it still does), BUT they were organized by forum, i.e. I had Roadfood News on top, I think, then scrolling down I think it was professionals and then trip reports and then where should I eat... etc.  Now when I click on that "link" (essentially a search function) it gives me unread topics but NOT sorted, just all scrambled... well, okay probably not scrambled but in order of last post I think.  This doesn't look like a bug to me, just the new "how it is", which if that's correct I really do not like! I used that page constantly to look at the forums I regularly visit, but now it is hard to pick them out of the crowd of topics. 

I hope this makes sense... curious if I have to find a new way to browse forums or if it will be corrected or what the scoop is... It seems to me twinwillow is asking about something very similar perhaps?

FWIW I am on Firefox 3.0.4 and Vista, though I have no techincal issues so it should be irrelevant.

cecif
  • Total Posts : 1412
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/2/09 11:49 PM
A quick addition, I think this is a bug probably.  When I click on "post message", it thanks me and gives me three options: to return to message, return to thread (I think) and one more... I never see the one more because almost every time that screen appears it then disappears before I can make a choice! (And I have not moved or clicked on ANYTHING.)  Shouldn't it wait for me to decide?  I think it stays there for maybe 1 second, 2 at most... then goes back to the forum or the last message (varies depending on where I clicked to post from, I believe). 

Anyway, it isn't crucial but it feels like a bug to me.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Sat, 01/3/09 12:29 PM
ChiTownDiner

Stephen -

After writing a lengthy Trip Report yesterday, I selected the preview option for the first time.  After reviewing the post, I hit the back button in preparation for posting and it seemed all was lost.  Any chance the info is hiding some where?

You NEVER should have to use the Back button on the browser when using the forum.  When you click on the "Preview" button, it should launch a new window.  If you want that window gone, you have to close it like any other window - DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Sat, 01/3/09 9:08 PM
Still curious why some of the photos are so TINY!

MikeS.
  • Total Posts : 5360
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Sun, 01/4/09 11:35 PM
Stephen, the goto last post button still doesn't work most of the time.

My latest instance just happened 1/4/09 @ 2330 EST in the Off-topic and lighter forum. The Firearms lovers thread. I hit last message and it took me to the bottom of page one, not the very last post on the last page.

MikeS.

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Mon, 01/5/09 11:26 AM
I am not sure if this is a bug or a forum "enhancement," but have the "Miscellaneous - Food Related" topics been removed from inclusion on the home pages recent topics section?

It appears that these topics have been removed, and the once removed "Restaurant Professionals" topics that once dominated the recent discussions, appear to have returned. 

If this is correct, I think "the powers that be" might reconsider.  I know that there are other ways to see the recent topics, but I do like to check out the home page to see the restaurant of the day and the latest blog postings.  I do look at the recent topics list to see if there is anything interesting there that I may have missed (as the new "active topics" can be a little overwhelming by not being sorted by forum - I don't mind as much as others, but I do seem to miss some posts every now and again that I like).  It would seem that the Miscellaneous - Food Related, which has now become (or is supposed to become) a catch-all for all things non-Roadfood restaurant related, would have more broad appeal than the somewhat limited segment of the readership served by the "Restaurant Professionals" forum.

My two cents....worth twice what you paid!
<message edited by The Travelin Man on Mon, 01/5/09 11:31 AM>

1bbqboy
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Mon, 01/5/09 11:34 AM
The Travelin Man

I am not sure if this is a bug or a forum "enhancement," but have the "Miscellaneous - Food Related" topics been removed from inclusion on the home pages recent topics section?

It appears that these topics have been removed, and the once removed "Restaurant Professionals" topics that once dominated the recent discussions, appear to have returned. 

If this is correct, I think "the powers that be" might reconsider.  I know that there are other ways to see the recent topics, but I do like to check out the home page to see the restaurant of the day and the latest blog postings.  I do look at the recent topics list to see if there is anything interesting there that I may have missed (as the new "active topics" can be a little overwhelming by not being sorted by forum - I don't mind as much as others, but I do seem to miss some posts every now and again that I like).  It would seem that the Miscellaneous - Food Related, which has now become (or is supposed to become) a catch-all for all things non-Roadfood restaurant related, would have more broad appeal than the somewhat limited segment of the readership served by the "Restaurant Professionals" forum.

My two cents....worth twice what you paid!

agreed

Davydd
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Mon, 01/5/09 1:46 PM
I thought the Restaurant Professionals and the Miscellaneous Forums were removed from the home page listings because they weren't roadfood forums and were so dominant as to interfere with the message the home page wished to convey. I see Recipe and Cooking Techniques shows up. It really makes no difference to me. I don't use or rely on them for information or navigation and I did go ahead and blot out Restaurant Professionals aka Hot Dog Carts from my Posts since last visit views.

BTW, the home page is out of sync with the forums on terminology. This new software is saying forums, threads (for topics) and posts (for messages). But then I am now going to "post" a "message". Oh heck, whatever.

doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Tue, 01/6/09 9:30 AM

I also came here to complain about the removal of Miscellaneous from the topics.  I see that the same thoughts are before me.  If anything, the 'Lunch/ Dinner what did you have?' should be moved to Recipes and Cooking Techniques.  This is the same as 'Another Saturday/pizza ' thread, both are fun to read. I like pictures.

The problem is two things. One is that there are too many posts asking "Where should I eat in Podunk?"  A high percentage are from drive-by posters who do not use the search function.  I feel that these questions bury the normal posts and topics.
The second is that there is a large blank space between the Restaurant of the Day and the weekly poll. That space could be used for those 'where to?" questions, or for trip reports from folks who know how to use it.  Either way, this is room for more discourse...or advertisements.

I don't think that the 'professionals' was overly dominant either, but that is my bias. If anything, many newbies do come here for information and I have really enjoyed watching folks grow.  RickMalek and shelly'sdoghouse are two examples.

mark

Ivyhouse
  • Total Posts : 329
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/6/09 1:14 PM
I read through the postings and did not recognize this issue -- I apologize in advance if I missed it.

When I login from the Forums screen, then click on the Home link in the upper left nav to go back to the Home page, my login is lost -- e.g., I have to login again to see logbook entries.

This is on an IBM pc, Windows 5.1, IE 6.0.
<message edited by Ivyhouse on Tue, 01/13/09 11:39 AM>

marzsit
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Sun, 01/11/09 6:32 AM
logging in and staying logged in seem to be constant problems here now.....

dexmat
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Sun, 01/11/09 9:09 AM
MikeS.

Stephen, the goto last post button still doesn't work most of the time.

My latest instance just happened 1/4/09 @ 2330 EST in the Off-topic and lighter forum. The Firearms lovers thread. I hit last message and it took me to the bottom of page one, not the very last post on the last page.

MikeS.

Ditto and then some.  'Go to first unread' always takes me to the last post on the last page.  I am using Firefox 3.0.5 on Windows XP.

Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Mon, 01/12/09 5:47 AM
Hello All,
I was looking for a posting I made a couple years ago,
but can only go back for my last 100 postings. 
Has past threads, postings, topics or whatever stored
somewhere special or am I limited to finding my last
100 postings?  There were some things I wrote in 2006
I wanted to see again.
Thanks for an answer.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Mon, 01/12/09 7:28 AM
Fieldthistle, you can still use the search feature and narrow your search down by author, time, forum, etc.

doggydaddy
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Mon, 01/12/09 7:47 AM
marzsit

logging in and staying logged in seem to be constant problems here now.....

I'll second your complaint that is now your second attempt at doing so. I am also having the same issue with my e-mail.
I just switched to firefox and wonder if that is the cause of my problems.
I don't have log-in/cookie issues at other sites.

mark

cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 8:42 AM
Clicking on the "go to last unread" message icon doesn't seem to really work if there are photos in the thread. It gets you to the right page, but not to the first post that you haven't already read.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 10:03 AM
cavandre

Clicking on the "go to last unread" message icon doesn't seem to really work if there are photos in the thread. It gets you to the right page, but not to the first post that you haven't already read.

Please provide me with a specific link - otherwise I can't troubleshoot

Davydd
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 10:25 AM
cavandre

Where is there a "last unread"? There is a "go to first unread post" and "go to last post" option. Photos have nothing to do with messing both these buttons up. What messes the thread navigation is when someone goes back in and edits his/her post even if it is the last post in the thread. Then the thread navigation does not perform as expected. Often when people do post photos they do go back and make some edit corrections but it is the editing and not the photos. At least that is my observation which has included some experimentation to corroborate it.

One thing photos will do is require some time for a page to completely load. One can get impatient and use the scroll bar to find the last post or first unread post to read in thinking it isn't going to get there.

Davydd
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 10:43 AM
There is a particularly nasty bug for me. When I choose open full version to type a post I see a "You may attach file to this message" button. If I try to use it and attach a file I get a non-scrolling warning window with a long list of code errors with an "OK" button at the bottom to close the window that extends off the monitor and is thus inaccessible and unclickable. My only recourse is to force quit out of the browser. This is on a Mac with 10.5.6 OS and Firefox 3.0.5.

I'm not sure what the intent of that button is for. I was just experimenting.

Davydd
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 10:52 AM
Another bug. I accidentally created HTML strikeout by typing file(s) with these brackets [ ] in my previous message and when I tried to edit the message to fix it I could not change it because I only see the message with the strikeout and not the HTML code in the edit window.

1bbqboy
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 11:14 AM
Davydd

There is a particularly nasty bug for me. When I choose open full version to type a post I see a "You may attach file to this message" button. If I try to use it and attach a file I get a non-scrolling warning window with a long list of code errors with an "OK" button at the bottom to close the window that extends off the monitor and is thus inaccessible and unclickable. My only recourse is to force quit out of the browser. This is on a Mac with 10.5.6 OS and Firefox 3.0.5.

I had that same problem.

1bbqboy
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 11:15 AM
That's interesting. I didn't add the strikethrough in the previous post.

Davydd
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 3:30 PM
bill voss

Davydd

There is a particularly nasty bug for me. When I choose open full version to type a post I see a "You may attach file(s) to this message" button. If I try to use it and attach a file I get a non-scrolling warning window with a long list of code errors with an "OK" button at the bottom to close the window that extends off the monitor and is thus inaccessible and unclickable. My only recourse is to force quit out of the browser. This is on a Mac with 10.5.6 OS and Firefox 3.0.5.

I had that same problem.

Now when I quote and respond I can get in and edit the HTML code and fix it.

NYPIzzaNut
  • Total Posts : 3127
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Tue, 01/13/09 3:44 PM
Ever since the transition to the new version I keep getting this every time I try to post to:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Where-to-eat-in-Dayton-Ohio-North-of-Middletown-m379488.aspx

Server Error in '/Forums' Application.

There is no row at position 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.

Source Error:

Line 168:            Dim BasicPostData As DataSet = DAL.RetrieveBasicPostingInformation(MemberInfo.memID, ReplyToMessageID, 0) 
Line 169: Dim MemberRow As DataRow, MessageRow As DataRow
Line 170: MemberRow = BasicPostData.Tables(0).Rows(0) : MessageRow = BasicPostData.Tables(1).Rows(0)
Line 171:
Line 172: Dim FMsg As New ForumMessage

Source File: D:\Applications\Roadfood.com\Forums\tm.aspx.vb    Line: 170

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.] 
System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) +3124207
System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index) +16
System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +16
tm.sendPost1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Applications\Roadfood.com\Forums\tm.aspx.vb:170
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +101
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +100
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Can anyone help me?  This is my only glitch.

doggydaddy
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 7:46 AM

Two things. I am not listed as, and cannot see who is a Roadfood insider. I am having problems getting around because I am blocked.

When can we start using the avatar? I want to put something in the picture frame.

mark

LindaW
  • Total Posts : 338
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 8:21 AM
There appears to be a bug with signing out...when I click on sign out, it brings me to a page saying I'm not a subscriber to Roadfood insider...which I'm not...but it should sign or log me out of Roadfood.

RoyHarv
  • Total Posts : 75
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 8:40 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for bugs with the new web site look....

When I search for restaurants, and get (for example) a list of all the restaurants in a state, the sort by city does not work.  I can click on it, but the list stays sorted by name.  I did not try sorting by state, as I only had single-state lists.

Other than that, my only complaint about the new look is that the option to get a list of all the restaurants in a state was removed from the front page.  Otherwise I think the front page is a BIG improvement.  Good work!

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 9:05 AM
LindaW, I will investigate today.  Thanks.

LindaW
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 9:56 AM
Stephen...just to give you some more data...I am using Firefox as my browser...I haven't tried IE to see if the problem occurs there as well. In doing some troubleshooting, I am able to logout using the logout on the Forums Navigation tool bar, but I did not see that earlier and tried to sign out at the top of the web page. The sign out should function the same as the log out.

Thanks,
Linda
<message edited by LindaW on Fri, 01/16/09 10:12 AM>

LindaW
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 10:20 AM
LindaW

Stephen...just to give you some more data...I am using Firefox as my browser...I haven't tried IE to see if the problem occurs there as well. In doing some troubleshooting, I am able to logout using the logout on the Forums Navigation tool bar, but I did not see that earlier and tried to sign out at the top of the web page. The sign out should function the same as the log out.

Thanks,
Linda

Stephen....I believe this is a Firefox issue, as I was able to sign out using IE...however, the behavior is still odd...I get the page saying I successfully have signed out of Roadfood, but at the top right it still says I'm signed in.

Confusing...to say the very least.

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9543
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Fri, 01/16/09 11:31 AM
Had a problem with Quick Searches -Find a Restaurant-
When I tried to Search Phoenix AZ, as soon as I typed a letter or 2, other city names would populate the field and wouldn't let me get Phoenix to come up.

Otherwise, I think the new, more user friendly, web site is terrific and a great improvement THANX! 

I posted this on the "Update" thread before I saw this one. Sorry.

John A
  • Total Posts : 4295
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... - Sat, 01/17/09 6:21 AM

Since the new change I have to sign in every time I visit the site even though I check the "Keep me signed in box?"

cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Sat, 01/17/09 7:54 AM
I have to log in each time I go to the board even though I've checked the "Keep me loggec in" box each time I've done this. I haven't changed my browsers security settings since the change to the new format.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos - Sat, 01/17/09 8:03 AM
Try clicking the signout button in the upper-right hand corner and then close your browser.  Afterwards, clear your browser cache and Roadfood cookies.  Let me know if that works.

Change Page: 123456789 > | Showing page 1 of 9, messages 1 to 60 of 540