Richardson's in Hagerstown is closing

I came across this story today and thought it might be of interest to those in the area.

Brad
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Richardson's in Hagerstown is closing 2008/12/29 17:15:08

Having enjoyed both the Seafood Special Buffet and the Prime Rib Special Buffet at Richardsons about a dozen times over the past decade(Plus) I will miss the place. We noticed the last time we were there that the quality of the seafood (and re-stocking of the Buffet) had dropped a bit.
   Another loss to the travelers along I-70/US 40.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Richardson's in Hagerstown is closing 2008/12/30 09:46:12
Sorry to read about this.  Since I frequently drive back and forth between Pittsburgh and Baltimore, this was an occasional stop for dinner.  Weren't they reviewed here on this site at one time?
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Richardson's in Hagerstown is closing 2008/12/30 17:48:55
Yes it was.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Richardson's in Hagerstown is closing 2008/12/31 09:02:07
A buddy of mine used to coach a local woman's college basketball team.  They had to drive to Baltimore for a game and he was looking for a place to feed the girls on the way home.  I suggested Richardson's, since it was a buffet and was close to the interstate.

He called ahead of time and explained who he was and that they would be stopping in.  They gave him and the girls a nice discount and really took care of them.  And everyone seemed to enjoy the food, too. 
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Richardson's in Hagerstown is closing 2008/12/31 11:24:57
I visited Richardsons in 2003. It was right before an unexpected rain out to see the Single A Hagerstown Suns. I don't remember what I ordered but don't remember being dissapointed. It's a real shame when a long standing restaurant like Richardsons goes out of business.