Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME

Junior Burger
2003/11/21 19:12:34
It was on the Boston Post Road in Fairfield.

Hot Dogs were deep-fried, then finished on the grill (to get most of the oil off). The result was a crunchy, snappy outer skin and a steaming hot interior. Onion, relish, mustard, sauerkraut and choppped bacon topped it off.

It may still be there. Does anyone know?

John Fox
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME 2003/11/21 20:12:34
It's Rawley's and it's still there.
Michael Stern
RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME 2003/11/21 20:20:58
Click[url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=367']here[/url].
NYCTransplant
Junior Burger
RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME 2003/12/30 20:23:24
It WAS Rawley's! It IS Rawley's! I've got to get to Fairfield. I haven't had a Rawley's in 20+ years! My first resolution for the New Year!

Thanks, John Fox!
signman
RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME 2003/12/30 23:36:07
While you're in the neighborhood, you should check out Super Duper Weenie. Not deep fried, but top dog.
John Fox
RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME 2003/12/31 19:58:40
Yes, definitely check out Super Duper Weenie. I've been there a few times. Once, I took a trip to Conn. just to sample hot dogs. Super Duper Weenie, Swanky Franks, and Rawley's all right off I-95 within a few miles of each other. Rawley's was good, with a slight tangy taste. Super Duper Weenie was better, in my opinion. I like the Miller's dog that they use. Both pork/beef in the German style. Swanky's uses a spicy all beef Hummel's frank and deep fries it. All three very good, but I liked Swanky's and SDW a little better than Rawley's. But then again, I only had mustard on my dogs so I could really taste the flavor of the dog itself. When I went back to SDW, I got the New Englander with mustard, relish, and bacon (no onions). Excellent and worth going out of your way for. Next time at Rawley's I'll try one with mustard, relish, and the crumbled bacon bits they throw on top.