Double Chocolate Bread Pudding

Junior Burger
2009/01/20 16:45:18
The best dessert I have ever had....HEAVENLY!

I'm a local New Orleanean, and LOVE the Red Fish Grill down on Bourbon.  It's a Ralph Brennan restaurant, so with that name, you know it's going to be good.

Red Fish has the greatest dessert on Bourbon though.  It takes 20 minutes to make, so you have to order it ahead of time, when you order your entree.  Its a dark chocolate, milk chocolate-based bread pudding, and when it arrives at your table, the server pours warm white chocolate and warm milk chocolate sauces on top of the bread pudding..

You can't go wrong -- I really am drooling just thinking about it.
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
Re:Double Chocolate Bread Pudding 2009/01/20 18:26:08
Stonewood's chain has an excellent chocolate bread pudding with whiskey sauce.  They top it with ice cream....They use sour dough bread.
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:Double Chocolate Bread Pudding 2009/01/22 06:34:41
Chocolate bread pudding isn't hard to make at home; it really is all about good bread and good chocolate.  I think this was Valentine's Day 2004 dessert for us, and my version was dark chocolate bread pudding with butterscotch sauce (recipe at the NYTs maybe?) and it was soooo good.
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:Double Chocolate Bread Pudding 2009/02/12 13:10:46
Yesterday we visited the Cajun Cafe On The Bayou in Pinellas Park (St. Petersburg,FL) and had their bread pudding. It is made from a very good quality french bread, and is served with a whiskey sauce and vanilla ice cream, It is excellent and worth a detour to enjoy it - one serving is more than enough for two people.

Cheers, John 
food4u
Junior Burger
Re:Double Chocolate Bread Pudding 2009/05/04 03:20:35
You're all making my mouth water :) I'm a pretty big fan of bread pudding, except that it can sometimes be a little too bland for my tastes. I'd never considered making it in chocolate, though! Sounds delicious! Does anyone have a good recipe for a homemade version? What kind of chocolate would you add?