Breakfast Wraps

Junior Burger
2003/11/23 10:11:05
I am not pleased with the fillings in the Breakfast Wraps that fast food restaurants are selling these days. What the heck is THAT stuff anyway?
Fishbones
Junior Burger
RE: Breakfast Wraps 2003/11/29 00:50:00
Just like i thought....ya just shove it down your throat and dont give two cents
tiki
Filet Mignon
RE: Breakfast Wraps 2003/11/29 06:22:07
Never eaten a breakfast "wrap"----are they the same as breakfast burritos?
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Breakfast Wraps 2003/12/21 17:13:14
Makes me think of someone taking yesterdays or the day before leftovers and wrapping them in a flour tortilla to hide whats in there till it's too late... hmmm... Green Eggs and Ham comes to mind!

lleechef
Sirloin
RE: Breakfast Wraps 2003/12/21 18:19:43
When I was Operations Manager of L'Aroma Bakery and Deli we made breakfast burritos......sauteed fresh peppers and onions, fresh scrambled eggs, salsa, cheese and ham in a soft tortilla shell....$3.50. We couldn't make them fast enough for the early morning crowd. Don't know what the fast food places are making, I never ate one.
The exact defination of a burrito is a flour tortilla filled with savory ingredients, folded and wrapped up. So we were making breakfast buritos. If you make the same concoction with, for example, lavash bread, it's a wrap. Technicality.....same basic thing.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Breakfast Wraps 2003/12/21 21:13:34
I thought it was the folding method...if using the traditional 4-fold method it's a burrito, but rolling something up like a jelly-roll (and usually having cold fillings) makes it a wrap.
JimInKy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Breakfast Wraps 2003/12/22 04:41:01
quote:
Originally posted by EliseT

I thought it was the folding method...if using the traditional 4-fold method it's a burrito, but rolling something up like a jelly-roll (and usually having cold fillings) makes it a wrap.

Thanks Elise; I've learned something. I've never eaten breakfast wraps or burritos, but I recently tried something new for breakfast that I really like: a scrambled egg sandwich.

Use butter (generously) and cook the eggs just enough. You want soft, nearly wet eggs.

A nice change.