Can't believe no mention

Junior Burger
2009/02/24 02:20:49
Been looking for the mention of a local restaurant but can't find it.
Not that I think that this town is a culinary epicenter, but this restaurant's been hugely popular with the national media all during Bush's Presidency, and they've talked about it.  It's been so popular that the restaurant's been able to upgrade the hole-in-the-wall decor.
It's called Siete Mares, a seafood restaurant with a Mexican flair.  They have delicious offerings not usually found outside the Mexican coasts.
Definitely worth a visit.
MellowRoast
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Can't believe no mention 2009/02/24 06:21:40
There's always a first time!  Thanks for the tip!
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Can't believe no mention 2009/02/24 07:23:08
Singeli-
Welcome to Roadfood!  You don't say for sure, but since your profile says you live in Waco, is Siete Mares located in Waco, too?
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:Can't believe no mention 2009/02/24 08:04:25
I found their website. It looks interesting.
http://www.elsietemares.net/
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:Can't believe no mention 2009/02/24 08:51:12
The menu looks wonderful.  I sure wish we had a restaurant like that around here,
brittneal
Re:Can't believe no mention 2009/02/24 08:52:12
Wow, they sure like the frog legs there.  I have always wondered if frog legs should be considered seafood.  Ive never thought about it but would the Catholic church consider frog legs fish or meat?
A great question for bigger minds to ponder.
I have to say that its a pretty large menu.  It does look interesting.
britt
Pwingsx
Re:Can't believe no mention 2009/02/24 23:29:09
Hey Brittneal,

Frogs are classified as amphibians, but as they are as much land animals as water, I think you'd better get your fill in by midnight, in case you're getting ready to give up meat for Lent.