Snook Haven Fish Camp and/or Peace River Seafood?...

Mags81
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Reward points : 0
Snook Haven Fish Camp and/or Peace River Seafood?... - Wed, 02/25/09 11:56 AM
Will be in southwest Florida (Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda) soon and have come across a couple places I think could be worth trying. 

1. Snook Haven Fish Camp in Venice, Fl
2. Peace River Seafood in Punta Gorda, Fl

I've heard that Snook Haven is known for their Grouper and Key Lime Pie while Peace River is known for their Crabs and various selection of fish fillets...

Has anyone ever been or either one of these places and if so is there anything else there that it definitely worth ordering?  

Anyone every been to either one of these places?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....

kevincad
  • Total Posts : 399
Re:Snook Haven Fish Camp and/or Peace River Seafood?... - Wed, 02/25/09 12:05 PM
s_b_man18

Will be in southwest Florida (Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda) soon and have come across a couple places I think could be worth trying. 

1. Snook Haven Fish Camp in Venice, Fl
2. Peace River Seafood in Punta Gorda, Fl

I've heard that Snook Haven is known for their Grouper and Key Lime Pie while Peace River is known for their Crabs and various selection of fish fillets...

Has anyone ever been or either one of these places and if so is there anything else there that it definitely worth ordering?  

Anyone every been to either one of these places?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....

I lived in the Tampa Bay area for several years. The local grouper, fried and in the form of a sandwich is a winner almost always. Never been to Snook Haven, though.

Roy
  • Total Posts : 131
Re:Snook Haven Fish Camp and/or Peace River Seafood?... - Wed, 02/25/09 12:09 PM
You might like Linger Lodge in Bradenton...same type of thing as Snook Haven but with a wider menu of odd things such as frogs legs and alligator of course.  Google Linger Lodge for more specifics and directions which are really essential.  Snook Haven doesn't turn me on since it was taken over by the City I think and a franchisee runs it.  Food nothing extra at all but still an interesting place.

Sarge 569
  • Total Posts : 60
Re:Snook Haven Fish Camp and/or Peace River Seafood?... - Sat, 02/28/09 9:13 PM
Have been to Snook Haven 4-5 years ago. It was a old biker bar on Sunday's. Nice music and the food looked good, only had chicken livers and lots of beer. Menu said that this was a movie set for a Jonnie Weismeller TARZAN movie. Alligators in the river at your feet.