Finally, Fried Pizza !!!

Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/02/26 09:02:18

I bought a frozen take home pie from Zuppardi's and as I was leaving I struck up a conversation with a couple who have eaten there for over 20 years.
They suggested that I take a saute pan and place a little olive oil on the bottom and place the pie on top and cover it with a lid. This idea is so obvious, that I wonder why I didn't think of it....  It is a fried pizza. This will make a very crisp crust.

I'll post photos when I do it.

mark
post edited by doggydaddy - 2009/02/26 09:03:53
WarToad
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/02/26 09:06:51
Great.  I'll need to start putting aside some money for my angiogram and stenting.
jellybear
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/02/27 08:39:17
I'm still weighing in on the Chicken Fried Bacon.
post edited by jellybear - 2009/02/27 08:40:47
porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/02/27 09:01:10
wow!!! No sure about that one
Fieldthistle
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/02/27 13:18:36
Hello All,
If people like it, great.
But I am reaching the age that
I am limiting my deep fried foods to chicken,
french fries, and ....well that's about it.
Frying things, like Twinkies, candy bars, etc.,  are becoming a fad, and
a clique in my mind.  I say again, I hope they taste great,
but it gives me the willys.  I should try before bad-mouthing it.
I hope the pizza really tastes good.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/02/27 14:42:38
I hear you on that. There's only so much grease you can take 
marzsit
Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/02 05:15:45
deep-fried pizza is common in scotland, actually they deep-fry anything in scotland...... the pizza i saw being done was baked, cut into wedges and refrigerated(maybe frozen too?). dipped in batter and cooked to order.. i didn't try it, looked too greasy for me.
seatown76
Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/02 08:09:46
marzsit

deep-fried pizza is common in scotland, actually they deep-fry anything in scotland...... the pizza i saw being done was baked, cut into wedges and refrigerated(maybe frozen too?). dipped in batter and cooked to order.. i didn't try it, looked too greasy for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_pizza
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/02 08:46:20
Pan fried,not deep fried has been a common thing to do with left over pizza in many Italian homes...my dad liked that decades ago...also "pizza Fried"(spelling?) is an actual Italian dish.  It's a little different: You take some pizza dough...flatten into a small round patty...fry...then take out, spoon some sauce on it and eat!!!
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/02 09:12:27
This link to Pizza Fritta in the article is pretty interesting.
Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/03 07:39:00
The day after this post went up, Fox & Friends was running a segment featuring a guy who has a fish & chip shop on Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn, NY. He deep-fried a slice of pizza among other things during the Friday show. They had him back on Saturday and Sunday. This is a clip from the Sunday “After the Show” show.

http://www.videosurf.com/video/after-the-show-show-3-1-61235856

taolaga
Junior Burger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/09 18:27:42
I love pizza :)
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/09 18:45:59
It was just a matter of time. I guess we'll be seeing deep fried pizza at the Texas State Fair this fall. What's next, deep fried, (fill in the blank)?
analei
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/09 19:45:59
@Twinwillow: lasagna, cannelonni, lobster, pumpkin pie. lemon meringue pie, sushi. mac and cheese.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/09 20:27:14
I've seen deep fried mac 'n cheese. But, hey! Deep fried sushi doesn't sound all that bad.
analei
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/09 22:18:25
oh, i did not know there was deep friend mac and cheese.
in 1994, i was in scotland to visit family. i had the best fish and chips i have ever had...still after all these years it was memorable, but i was really surprised by the food they would deep fry. Several family members have chip shopes and would roll their eyes privately, but made it for the consumers: deepfried pizza, burgers, hotdogs, haggis, lasanga..laughs. It was not as bad as i thought. I was curious to try it. Not really into the fried pizza and lasagna, but suprisingly, the haggis was delish.

I think deep friend sushi would work.
dinska
Junior Burger
Re:Finally, Fried Pizza !!! 2009/03/23 16:16:48
I've pan-fried my leftover pizza quite a few times, I figured it was no worse than grilled cheese, and I really wanted a crispy crust. I thought it was tasty. I fail to see the scandal. D=