Undercover Cruller

i95
  • Total Posts : 2500
  • Reward points : 0
Undercover Cruller - Tue, 03/3/09 2:02 PM

OK, you Doughnut Detectives out there, does anyone know who contracts the wholesale doughnut operation covertly located in the small, one-story, blacked-out-windowed, quasi-industrial park located at 8455 Tyco Road in Vienna, Virginia (a.k.a. Tysons Corner)?

I'm well aware that various doughnut operations contract out their production to locations like this but the smell coming out of this small locale (which otherwise looks straight out of Central Casting for sales of something perhaps, well...ah...even more addictive [albeit less fattening, right meth-heads?]) is heavenly. Think an aerated rasberry jelly doughnut lightly floating amongst the air molecules around your head.

I'm not planning any type of doughnut heist here -- and apologize in advance for posing such a local question --  but was just curious.  

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9808
Re:Undercover Cruller - Wed, 03/4/09 8:54 AM
Based on the thread title, I half expected to see a donut in a trenchcoat, with fake mustache and glasses.

i95
Re:Undercover Cruller - Wed, 03/4/09 9:26 AM

That's the silliest thing

I've ever heard.

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Undercover Cruller - Wed, 03/4/09 11:38 AM
Yahoo Yellow Pages gives the phone number of Original Donuts (at 8455 Tyco Road) as (703) 827-9131.  Why don't you call them and ask them?  I am pretty sure they would be more than happy to tell you where you can buy their donuts.

Tony Bad
  • Total Posts : 5114
Re:Undercover Cruller - Wed, 03/4/09 11:51 AM
I don't know anything about the donuts, but I want a jacket with that patch on the back.

i95
Re:Undercover Cruller - Wed, 03/4/09 7:42 PM
6star

Yahoo Yellow Pages gives the phone number of Original Donuts (at 8455 Tyco Road) as (703) 827-9131.  Why don't you call them and ask them?  I am pretty sure they would be more than happy to tell you where you can buy their donuts.

Great sleuthing (and obviously such which showcases my ineptitude regarding parts of the internets). Actually and a couple of weeks ago, I did stop by there as their blackened glass, signless front door was ajar. And while there were baking racks everywhere and flour covering every inch of the flloor, my attempts at inquiry were met with a distinct "no hablo anglais" (thereby negating a phone call).

But gracias, er...thanks!

sk bob
  • Total Posts : 1801
Re:Undercover Cruller - Wed, 03/4/09 8:50 PM
a cruller, an old style plain cruller, to be dunked in a hot strong black coffee.
NOT DUNKIN DONUTS.