SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire

1bbqboy
  • Total Posts : 4542
  • Reward points : 0
SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 2:33 PM
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/12/01/DDGUM3D0CK1.DTL I got much more insight into what these two candidates are about based on their food choices! I propose we ask all people running for office a bunch of food related questions and find out what they really think. Onions, yes/no? If yes, grilled? Mustard? Mayo? etc...We all know they're going to lie about government junk but they'll come clean on this.

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6259
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 2:49 PM
Good Idea! Gonzales lost my vote when he said fois gras should be illegal. They could have the Great Chili Debate in Texas ( ooh, that could get ugly), the Great Lobster Roll or Fried Clam Debate in Massachusetts and Connecticut and the Great Sashimi Debate in CA. What the heck? We had a heated topic come up in the Greater Metropolis of Wasilla, AK when during the mayoral race a campaigner (from the opposite camp) gave the opponent's son a banana. A BANANA. Ah yes, politics......tell me what you eat and I'll tell you what kind of person you are!

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15075
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 3:05 PM

Understanding that the survey is 'tongue in cheek' I still would hate to be a voter in SF with these two choices on the ballot and no other information. Are the majority of the voter's really "YUP's" who's priorities would tend toward the Volvo-oriented segment of society. I guess my SoCal heritage shows thru on this one... Give me a Mayor who doesn't know a Wine list from a Whine List, but cares about people. Where in the list were the "Meat and Potato's" items? ! I think SF would be better rrepresented if the leadership didn't center their life on sushi, garbonzo beans, and Chateau Marin '03 , aged in the truck on the way from Fresno !! Equal representation is needed...the burgers were there, but where were the 'Ribs'?, "Hon Su Gui"? Corned Beef? Sauerkraut? I mean if you going to represent the rainbow of multicultural communities, you must chow down on ALL forms of nourishment.
OH Yeah, That's why I try not to get caught up in the political discussions here ...
hehehe
signed,
The Mayor who eats EVERYTHING

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6259
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 3:26 PM
Mr. Mayor.....that's why YOU got ELECTED!!

1bbqboy
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 3:33 PM
Agreed Mayor! That's why I got such insight from their answers, I guess. All politicians say the city's/state's/country's problems can be solved by some such solution, but the truth about food will set us free, or make us not vote at all. Not all of SF proper is that roadfood challenged, but those segments aren't represented in this race. Once you get beyond the city limits and into the whole Bay Area, it's not so different than other locales. There's meat and potatoes beyond the Bay Bridge.
And yes, clothier, "It's It" is a local ice cream bar.

scbuzz
  • Total Posts : 844
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 4:12 PM
Here in South Carolina the first question we always ask our potential politicians is "Do you prefer mustard based, Ketchup based or Vinegar based BBQ ?"

Political battles have been won and lost on this question !!!!

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 4:15 PM
What is wrong with eating out of season produce if it is available??

Lone Star is confused.

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15075
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 4:24 PM
The Mayor appreciates that The Clothier and The Lone Star have supported the Mayor in his efforts to Spread the Gospel of Food to all corners of the Mayordom.

jpatweb
  • Total Posts : 232
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 4:41 PM
To expound a bit, It's-It bars are vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies, then covered in chocolate and frozen. Delicious. They've been going strong in the SF area for about 75 years.
quote:
Originally posted by bill voss

And yes, clothier, "It's It" is a local ice cream bar.

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 4:58 PM
Me too. I would like one right now.

(Note use of first person.)

1bbqboy
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 6:35 PM
There are no raisins in the cookies. here's more:

http://mistersf.com/new/index.html?newitsit.htm

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3592
RE: SF mayoral race: Food Questionaire - Mon, 12/1/03 8:27 PM
Remember----this is the city that was famous for the "Twinkie Defense"!