Ring Dings in foil

exsquidao
  • Total Posts : 409
  • Reward points : 0
Ring Dings in foil - Thu, 03/12/09 5:41 PM
Do these still exist? is it possible that a small amount of Ring Dings packaged in foil are still produced and if so does anyone know where they can be aquired I would appreciate the info.

brittneal
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Thu, 03/12/09 8:35 PM

After the "Ding" wars the remaining survivors came packaged only in cellphane.  Sorry.

food4u
  • Total Posts : 49
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Sun, 05/3/09 2:49 AM
Wow! I remember those. Actually I was a fan of the Ding Dong, not the Ring Ding. I used to get them in my school lunch every day growing up. I believe that they probably also switched to cellophane instead of foil though it has been quite a few years since I've bought anything larger than the 2-pack.  Anyone remember what exactly happened after the company making Ring Dings got bought out by Hostess, maker of Ding Dongs?

Diner-Lover
  • Total Posts : 246
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Fri, 05/8/09 8:50 PM
I haven't had a Ring Ding for years, but I remember the foil wrappers they came in because I thought it made them look even more attractive and tasty. My Mom would sometimes buy Yodels that were also wrapped in that nice, thin, delicate foil. Growing up in the Philadelphia area, we were more of a Tastykake family so when Ring Dings or Yodels were around the house, they almost seemed like foreign delicacies to us kids!

Baah Ben
  • Total Posts : 3026
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Fri, 05/8/09 9:23 PM
So good..I remember the Ring Dings in a gold foil..  I seem to recall there were two versions of the the Ring Dings..Wasn't one filled with a peanut butter cream?   The outside chocolate was the best!!!

Drake's Cakes are the best!  I use to serve the little crumb cakes for breakfast to 12,000 kids...USDA was not happy.  Too bad..Got the kids to drink their milk; they had to wash these lovely cakes down with something...Ha Ha

Food - Are you sure Drakes got brought out?  Hostess I believe is Interstate Bakery and they have been in financial trouble for years and years.

Eric B
  • Total Posts : 103
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Sun, 05/10/09 8:52 PM
The cakes with peanut butter are Funny Bones.

Yes, Drakes was bought out 11 years ago already, and now the cakes have both Drakes and Hostess logos on them!
I would wish Kraft General Foods would buy out Hostess and Wonder (which always seemed to go along with all those other major brands such as Nabisco, Jello, etc), and that Interstate would then put its efforts into popularizing Drakes and Dolly as competitors to Hostess again.
<message edited by Eric B on Sun, 05/10/09 8:54 PM>

njguyfla
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Sat, 07/4/09 12:43 PM
I can't remember if they were Ring Dings or Ding Dongs, but they were so much tastier (when I was a kid in the 70's) than the stuff that is out now.
<message edited by njguyfla on Sat, 07/4/09 12:44 PM>

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4895
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Sat, 07/4/09 1:20 PM
I also remember them. But, as I don't eat those kinds of "goodie's" anymore, I haven't bothered to see if they even still exist.
But, I sure miss em!

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4895
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Sat, 07/4/09 1:22 PM
Baah Ben

So good..I remember the Ring Dings in a gold foil..  I seem to recall there were two versions of the the Ring Dings..Wasn't one filled with a peanut butter cream?   The outside chocolate was the best!!!

Drake's Cakes are the best!  I use to serve the little crumb cakes for breakfast to 12,000 kids...USDA was not happy.  Too bad..Got the kids to drink their milk; they had to wash these lovely cakes down with something...Ha Ha

Ben, you're a, gem!

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Thu, 07/9/09 1:00 PM
When I was a kid there were Ring Dings that were a about 4" in diameter. Then they came out with Ring Ding Juniors (the ones in the foil). I must admit I was surprised a few years back to discover that Ring Ding Juniors are now Ring Dings, and there are these tiny little cakes called "Ring Ding Juniors".

Memory: "Hey, I've got some money!" "C'mon, let's get some!"

cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Thu, 07/9/09 5:34 PM
Was I the only one that liked to store them in the frig so that the chocolate coating got crunchy?

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Ring Dings in foil - Fri, 07/10/09 5:16 PM
cavandre

Was I the only one that liked to store them in the frig so that the chocolate coating got crunchy?

Or in the freezer so it comes out like a kind of ice cream sandwich?