Ice Cream Cake

chewingthefat
  • Total Posts : 6093
  • Reward points : 0
Ice Cream Cake - Thu, 05/7/09 5:39 PM
What's your favorite? The ones in my local supermarket a damn expensive, what's with that?

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Thu, 05/7/09 7:34 PM
DQ makes a very good ice cream cake, tad expensive, but hey Birthdays are only once a year!

Unfortunately that is the only one I get locally  8^(

jenkarita
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 05/25/09 10:02 AM
I personally really like Carvel Ice Cream cakes. I loooove the little crunchies that they have on the inside! :)

NascarDad
  • Total Posts : 336
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 06/1/09 9:55 PM
jenkarita

I personally really like Carvel Ice Cream cakes. I loooove the little crunchies that they have on the inside! :)

Fudgy The Whale is always great from Carvel.  Been a long time since I had  one though. 

claracamille
  • Total Posts : 414
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 06/8/09 6:41 AM
Hot Fudge Cake was always a favorite dessert at Shoney's & it is one of my family's desserts.

I make a chocolate cake( Duncan Hines in a 9 x 13 pan.   Take a small square of cake, slice it in two, place vanilla ice cream between the cake & top with hot fudge sauce( so easy to make in the microwave), whipped cream & always a cherry on top.

Big Frank
  • Total Posts : 134
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 06/8/09 6:57 AM
Our local Brusters makes a good ice cream cake.

Foodosaurus
  • Total Posts : 622
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 06/8/09 8:21 AM

The Cold Stone's Creamery Cakes are a huge indulgence for me.  I've only had them twice.  They are ridiculously good though!

doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 06/8/09 8:33 AM
chewingthefat

What's your favorite? The ones in my local supermarket a damn expensive, what's with that?

They are ridiculously expensive to buy and very easy to make. Make a thin sheet cake on a cookie pan. Cut into rectangular lengths. Or you can break it up like Carvel does.
Put your favorite ice cream into a mixing bowl and whip it mildly, enough to make it workable. You can use a mold to help as you layer the cake and ice cream. You can make a better one than those guys by adding nuts and fruit or flavored syrup.
I have rolled the whole thing up in the past and made a ice cream Buche de Noel coated with chocolate coating.

Here is what you can do to REALLY impress your friends. Put the whole thing into a bowl shaped mold. Coat it with meringue, set it on fire with your favorite liqueur and you have Baked Alaska.

mark

brittneal
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Ice Cream Cake - Mon, 06/8/09 9:42 AM

I remember the store bought ones from the 60's.  I was vanilla icecream rolled in in chocolate cake like a jelly roll..