Define "Heaven"...

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2009/05/15 15:33:32

For me, it was defined two hours ago and as follows:

My obligation in Baltimore today ending at noon; spontaneously finding a meter two blocks north of Lexington Market and on Mulberry Street; finding a shorter than usual line at the famed Faidley's inside of said market; and having this for lunch today:

(Online photo)

It's been a couple of years since I've been back to Faidley's and it is so very much the real-deal. I don't believe a better crab cake exists. God bless America!

mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 15:43:27
I-95,
  You have a wonderful appreciation for one of the 'Giants' in the Roadfood Menu. Your photo is a major work of Art, and your review is a masterful use of the understatment!

It just doesn't get much better than that!

AL
Ivyhouse
Cheeseburger
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 16:24:37
It IS yummy, isn't it?  And YIKES, you got street parking in downtown Baltimore in the middle of the day?  Go buy a lottery ticket, today is your lucky day!!

Tonight I am off to the Greek Festival in Frederick, MD.  Great gyros and homemade Greek pastries -- http://www.stspeterpaul.net/ .
post edited by Ivyhouse - 2009/05/15 16:26:56
the grillman
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 16:40:32
wow, that is one great lookin' crab cake.
KonaErnie
Cheeseburger
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 17:32:31
You know....Sometimes when I see pictures like that crabcake....I touch myself inapproprietly...Don't tell anyone. 
i95
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 20:49:34
mayor al

I-95,
  You have a wonderful appreciation for one of the 'Giants' in the Roadfood Menu. Your photo is a major work of Art, and your review is a masterful use of the understatment!

It just doesn't get much better than that!

AL

As always, you're too kind. Al.  

KonaErnie

You know....Sometimes when I see pictures like that crabcake....I touch myself inapproprietly...Don't tell anyone. 

I'm reasonably sure that there's a joke about crabs in there somewhere (or at the very least a rhyming play on the word crustacean) but I'm just too tired at the moment to figure it out.

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 20:59:24
What I would give for a decent crab cake here in Wisconsin...
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 21:13:46
KonaErnie

19.43 N 155.58 W

The phrase too much information seems appropriate here! 
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 21:16:59
annpeeples

That's easy.

http://www.faidleyscrabcakes.com/order.html

http://www.gandmcrabcakes.com/mailorder.php

Personally, I prefer the G&M crabcakes via mail order.

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 21:43:41
Thank you, Mr.Hoffman.I particularly like the G&M site...
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 23:11:11
Looks like lump all the way....Outstanding!
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/15 23:34:42
i95-
As much as I enjoy Faidley's, I am a G & M man myself.  My cousin Johnny thinks Faidley's is slightly the better of the two.  Is it safe to say you agree with him?
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/16 13:12:01
I have enjoyed CrabCakes at both locations as well!! We even managed to do that one time "Both Places In The Same Day" !  I lean towards G&M (pun intended!) because of the comforts of sitting while eating and available table service. Both Crabcakes are Outstanding ! I am more than willing to consider another evaluation session in the near future!!
johnnymolson
Hamburger
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/17 04:23:31
That crab cake is beautiful....no filler...just huge lumps of crabmeat and a thin skin of crispy batter.
jellybear
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/19 10:57:24
Bet that Bad Boy costs about 25 bucks!
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/19 12:07:41
jellybear

I'll take that bet.
i95
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/19 13:11:32
jellybear

Try $ 12.95. There are also less expensive albeit-not-all-lump-meat crab cakes available, as well. I forgot to mention that Faidley's also sells delicious  coddies and for $ 2.50 each. I took four home and later put them under the broiler to share with my family. 
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/22 13:34:10
annpeeples

You can always opt for a Gortons Fish Stick!
Howard Baratz
Cheeseburger
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/22 17:03:12
i95

Try $ 12.95. There are also less expensive albeit-not-all-lump-meat crab cakes available, as well. I forgot to mention that Faidley's also sells delicious  coddies and for $ 2.50 each. I took four home and later put them under the broiler to share with my family. 

This is typical of i95. He spends $12.95 on a glorious crab cake for himself and then a mere 10 bucks total on faux crab cakes to feed the rest of his family. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i95
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/22 17:54:55
Howard Baratz

eThis is typical of i95. He spends $12.95 on a glorious crab cake for himself and then a mere 10 bucks total on faux crab cakes to feed the rest of his family. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, but you're wrong, crustacean-breath. I told them said coddies were ten-dollars each thereby earning their gratitude best exemplified in my son saying, "dad, you brought home such a great meal, I'll cut the yard this afternoon."

Eat my dust, Cliff Huxtable. 
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
Re:Define "Heaven"... 2009/05/23 10:18:12
It sounds like YOU are confusing the story, mr i95....I heard that you CHARGED your family $10 each for the coddies and told your son that if he didn't mow the lawn, you were keeping the money and no coddie for him.

Thereby making you much more like Al Bundy.