Junior Burger
2009/05/24 08:52:54
My name is Terp, this is my first posts. I happen to stumble on this site while searching for coney dog sauce to buy. I seen a place called Nathans that I will try. I'm using the search button to find where I might buy coney dog sauces like A&W, Dog N Suds, etc.

I know I will learn a lot from this site. thanks
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:newbie 2009/05/24 12:50:53
Welcome to Roadfood, Terp. We hope you get some response to your request for info from the Weinie-Lovers on this site.

Mayor Al (in Southern Indiana)
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:newbie 2009/05/24 23:15:05
At Kroger supermarkets you can buy Skyline chili (Cincinniti style). Try it on hotdogs with finely shredded cheese and chopped onions (very good).
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:newbie 2009/05/25 00:48:18
Recliner, welcome to Roadfood.

Try doing some searches here for hot dog chili. There is allot of info! In Texas many of us make our chili dogs w/ Wolf Brand Chili No Beans. What are your plans for the chili once you find it?
Joe
Big Kahuna Kooks
Cheeseburger
Re:newbie 2009/06/17 11:11:07
I am a recent convert to Tony Packo's hot dog sauce. It has great texture and is spiced just right. You can find it on their website....bkk
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:newbie 2009/06/17 11:44:12
Welcome to Roadfood, Terp.

When our Boy Scout troop sells chili dogs as a fundraiser, we use Hormel Chili Without Beans, which has a good flavor, is rather smooth, sticks to the dog well (rather than just soaking the bun) and everyone seems to like it.  Many of the canned "coney dog sauces" on the market are quite thin and greasy and have ground-up beans as their first ingredient, not really a good combination.
carolina bob
Filet Mignon
Re:newbie 2009/06/17 20:23:15
Sometimes I'm really amazed by how different peoples' tastes are in foods. 6star, you're a fan of Hormel chili, while I consider it to be the second worst brand of canned chili that I've ever tasted ( Armour's has the dubious distinction of being the bottom of the barrel. ) Like the tired old cliche sez, different strokes for different folks. 
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:newbie 2009/06/18 00:44:44
Well nocarolina, my first choice would be my own home made chili, but for the chili used on the dogs for our Scout fundraiser, there is no way the Health Inspector is going to permit home-made chili.  While I have no problem with beans in a bowl of chili, I don't think they should be on a hot dog,  so there doesn't seem to be very much available in stores that isn't thin and/or full of grease as I mentioned above.   For a chili without beans, Hormel seems the best of the lot (and we have never had a complaint from a customer).
carolina bob
Filet Mignon
Re:newbie 2009/06/18 10:11:07
6star, I agree about beans in chili on a hot dog; they just don't belong. In a bowl of chili, yes... on a dog, nope. I certainly understand about the health inspector thing; it sounds like your options were kinda limited. In fairness to the Hormel people, I've never tried the no-beans version. Maybe I'll pick up a can and give it a try.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:newbie 2009/07/06 17:17:36
Wally World's Great Value chili no beans is not bad. It is thinner than Hormel or Wolf. Might be to thin for a dog??? Or... maybe not?

What are yalls favorite locations that sell a good chili over a hot dog? It's hard to find a good chili dog for sale in Texas.
Joe
roossy90
Sirloin
Re:newbie 2009/07/11 12:35:49
Amazon Foods has quite a few online..... Maybe start out with a few and post your results here?..
BTW....
Welcome to RF, and dont be shy...

We dont bite hard!..
Tara
badbyron722
Cheeseburger
Re:newbie 2009/07/20 14:18:38
SassyGritsAL

At Kroger supermarkets you can buy Skyline chili (Cincinniti style). Try it on hotdogs with finely shredded cheese and chopped onions (very good).

Hey sassygrits,my wife makes some fine cincinatti chili and we always have it on hot dos the next day.