Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37
deeoh01

• Total Posts: 62
Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Thu, 02/11/10 7:41 AM (permalink)
HDtravlr1

deeoh01 - I will be downtown at the Dealer News Expo. But I have a car. Thanks for your suggestion. Which place should I go if you must choose one?

In that case I'd probably go to Daddy Jack's.  It's very easy to find - just take Meridian St. north out of downtown, and it's on the right just before you get to 96th St.

HDtravlr1

Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Thu, 02/11/10 8:07 AM (permalink)
    Daddy Jack's it is! I will check it out Friday for lunch.

Thanks
    Johnny

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6224
      Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Thu, 02/11/10 9:18 AM (permalink)
      Daddy Jack's has a very good tenderloin but atmosphere lacks considering it is in a small strip shopping center and is a bit too corporate for my taste.

Part of the experience, since there are so many good tenderloins, is the atmosphere. Muldoon's for instance is an Irish Pub though too a bit too cute. It is located further up Meridian Street in old Carmel. BTW, the drive up and down Meridian Street is a nostalgia treat of Indianapolis in its heyday of old mansions.

Bourbon Street Distillery at 501 Indiana Ave. downtown has character although the tenderloin I had there was a bit greasy for my taste. It just could have been the fryer cook that day.

http://web.mac.com/davydd...ndianapolis%2C_IN.html

If you want the Mecca experience of Indy, The Flag Room at Brickyard Crossing on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway grounds would be a good choice. Their consistency is lacking. I had average there and I also had the biggest tenderloin I ever had in Indiana there.

Another little bit of Indianapolis history would be Plump's Last Shot in the Broad Ripple neighborhood. It is a restaurant in a converted house. Excellent tenderloin and interesting neighborhood. Probably a better place in warm weather so you can sit outside on the patio with the dog lovers. Dogs are welcome there on the patio and it is a literal zoo.

My tenderloin photos of Plump's Last Shot and Daddy Jacks have been used by newspapers around the country. They evidently were deemed photogenic and representative of a good tenderloin. Their tastes backed them up.

trzhotel

• Total Posts: 136
        Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Fri, 02/12/10 11:02 AM (permalink)
        DavyDD, did you do a trip report here for your fall 2009 trip to Nevada and other place? I may have missed it.

Davydd

Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Fri, 02/12/10 11:39 AM (permalink)
          trzhotel

DavyDD, did you do a trip report here for your fall 2009 trip to Nevada and other place? I may have missed it.

I never got around to it. It was a great 6 week, 7,500 mile trip that covered at least 12 national parks and monuments and every state in the west. I got preoccupied with other matters.

HDtravlr1

Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Thu, 02/7/13 8:44 AM (permalink)
            Davydd- Daddy Jack's was great! No roadfood atmosphere but a happening spot with live music the night I went a few years ago. Going back to Indy next week for a motorcycle trade show. What is your current favorite pork tenderloin you would recommend?

Thanks
            Johnny

Davydd

Re:RV Rallies, Reunions,Tenderloins, Perch and the Indy 500 Thu, 02/7/13 10:28 AM (permalink)
              Dawson's on Main in Speedway is an excellent tenderloin and is right near the track. It is equal or better than Daddy Jack's. If you want a roadfood experience give the Friendly Tavern in downtown Zionsville a visit. That's where I went over Christmas.

Friendly Tavern Hoosier Classic Tenderloin

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com