Ice Cream on 9 (in NJ) / Places that have huge amounts of flavor options

DPuro329
  • Total Posts : 406
  • Reward points : 0
Ice Cream on 9 (in NJ) / Places that have huge amounts of flavor options - Sat, 05/30/09 1:17 AM
There's a homemade ice cream parlor near me called Ice Cream on 9. It's on route 9 in Howell, NJ. Anyway between their regular flavors, sugar free flavors, sorbets, italian ices, and soft serve they have over 100 flavors. The employee shirts advertise "107 flavors." I've never seen anywhere else come even close to this many flavors. The few times I've gone there they've always been good, but I'm wondering what the record is for flavors? Has anyone eaten at an ice cream shop with more than 107?

Dave

ken8038
  • Total Posts : 1560
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Ice Cream on 9 (in NJ) / Places that have huge amounts of flavor options - Sun, 05/31/09 12:12 PM
The place that comes to mind is Gerensers on Main Street in New Hope Pa. I haven't been there for several years and I couldn't find anywhere on line how may flavors they had at ther peak, but it seems to me it was over 100.

But from what I read on line it has gone downhill and they've cut back on the number of flavors so maybe 107 is tops.

Me, butter pecan is about as exotic as I get in ice cream.