Dinosaur BBQ to open Joint in Troy NY

Cosmos
  • Total Posts : 1448
  • Reward points : 0
Dinosaur BBQ to open Joint in Troy NY - Wed, 07/1/09 10:50 AM
Rumors prove true, Albany area residents will have Dino to enjoy soon.. I'm a little amazed they just did a big renovation in Syracues, figured John would take some time off.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/New-Dinosaur-BBQ-coming-to-Troy/1T8NVH5kT0yUAm3vgF_vyg.cspx

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
Re:Dinosaur BBQ to open Joint in Troy NY - Wed, 07/1/09 4:05 PM
Wow!  I hope it's as successful as the other ones.  What kind of renovations did he do in Syracuse?

Cosmos
  • Total Posts : 1448
Re:Dinosaur BBQ to open Joint in Troy NY - Thu, 07/8/10 10:53 PM
Billy, sorry it took me a year to respond....They gutted the second floor bike shop, reinforced the floor and roof, added a porch to the south, and created a banquet/party room up there. They also use it for larger touring blues acts.

My wife and I witnessed the naughty little pig Christmas variety show there...great night, great space. You NY'rs may benefit soon as the hostess and creator of the naughty little pig show is moving to the big city this fall. She will be sorely missed around here...sigh...

ynotryme
  • Total Posts : 562
Re:Dinosaur BBQ to open Joint in Troy NY - Thu, 07/8/10 11:48 PM
They could triple the dining area in Syracuse and it still wouldn't be big enough to handle the crowds trying to get in for dinner.  Damn, it's good.

LindaW
  • Total Posts : 338
Re:Dinosaur BBQ to open Joint in Troy NY - Fri, 07/9/10 11:02 AM
FYI - They have already started on major construction for the new Dinosaur in Troy, and a fall 2010 time period for opening.