Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics

Cheeseburger
2009/07/11 17:46:22
Wow. I just sat here and typed this up for about an hour and was working on adding pics and i guess i hit some shortcut on the keyboard for "back"

Here it goes again...

After a successful 4th of July event and much soul searching, I have decided to sell my trailer. First off, thanks to all of you that have helped me get it going and for all of the tips! Thank you curbside for coming to my first event and thank you jack for the lemonade recipe!

I think I have decided I'm gonna bite the bullet and go back to school for a masters degree in education. I'm gonna teach elementary school!

Up for sale is a turn-key mobile food operation. Its a 1997 8x16 Pace American trailer branded as "munchies-n-more". The logo is on both sides, much larger on the window-less side. It is professionally done vinyl.

The trailer has a 36" flat top griddle I use for burgers, dogs, brats, and cooking hamburger meat for nachos. You can put a skillet on it with no problem and use it like a stove if needed. It has 3 burners and works great. It also has a 35lb two basket fryer that I use for corndogs, making fresh nachos, french fries, and funnel cakes. It has the insert for funnel cake frying as well as the ring and pitcher for pouring.

There is a UL300 fire suppression system built into the exhaust hood and I just had a remote pull installed near the door to keep the fire inspector happy. This should please most municipalities. I also have a $200 Class K fire extinguisher and a ABC type extinguisher as well. All fire equipment is currently tagged and ready to go.

As for the Health Department, they were extremely happy with the setup. I was able to get a Mobile Food Vendor license which is more strict than just a temp permit. I am allowed to set up anywhere in the county without another inspection. Things the HD likes - very cool refridgeration, air gap plumbing, 5 sinks, stainless steel backing behind the fryer and griddle. Almost everything in the trailer is NSF.

Equipment also includes:

Large commercial refridgerator, recently serviced and had thermostat replaced
Refridgerated Prep station that keeps the top stuff at proper temp even when open for easy access to condiments, etc.
3 month old 7.5 cubic foot freezer for ice cream and freezing candy bars for frying
Stainless Steel NSF Food warmer
French Fry cutter
Tongs, spatulas, knives, storage tubs, containers, etc.
Supply of foil sheets, 3lb baskets, styrofoam containers, utensils
3 large banners that span the top of the trailer - corn dogs, fries and shake ups

The trailer has a bathroom that I have currently covered and am using for storage. There is a gray and black water holding tank. Fresh water tank, water heater, and a total of 5 sinks. A three basin and two stand alones.

There is a 13,500 btu Coleman AC but I don't think it works. The exhaust fan pulls air so quick it was never really something practical anyway. It does get hot when you are working!

As I said, this is a turn key operation. You could literally pick it up, run by Sams to stock and hit an event. I will give you my recipes and secrets for corn dogs, nachos, funnel cakes, etc. You can also call me if you have any questions.

The bearing have been greased, the tires are in great shape. I had the pilot light adjusted on the fryer and it works great. I have a total of 3 40lb propane tanks.

There is plenty of storage under the counters and above in bins. This trailer was originally built for concessions, it is professional, not some thrown together unit.

I will include the artwork for the logo, some shirts, hats and aprons. You already have a name and branding handled. I also have the domain www.munchies-n-more.com that will be transfered to you. Visit it for some pics from my first event.

If you are looking for a career change or need to add a trailer to your existing business, send me a PM!

Thanks again!

Dom 

The dry erase board is just taped on in this pic, if you are wondering what that is by the logo.

post edited by dtortor1 - 2009/07/11 18:01:34
dtortor1
Cheeseburger
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/07/12 17:47:06
Thanks Mike!

I gave the planning and creation of this 120%. Unfortunately that left me only 80% for the execution phase and I soon learned that this was not what I was meant to be doing.

If I was married and had a partner that was 100% in it (my gf has been INDISPENSABLE, but she has a career of her own!), and if I was in better financial shape this may have been (and may still be) something I could have done.

As it is, I need health insurance and steady income!

Thanks for the kind words!

Dom
dtortor1
Cheeseburger
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/07/12 23:29:13
Just thought of some more included equipment:

Two lamp heat lamp unit
Microwave
Cash Register
Danby Drink cooler about 6 cubic feet

Oh and the remainder of my festivalnet.com subscription, good through March or April I think. Helps you find events near you and get contact info and reviews from other vendors.
post edited by dtortor1 - 2009/07/12 23:31:49
Curbside Grill
Filet Mignon
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/07/13 08:29:31
As much trouble as you had coming up with a CornDog , Have to leave you with this CORN DOG PIZZA

post edited by Curbside Grill - 2009/07/13 08:31:00
dtortor1
Cheeseburger
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/07/13 13:51:01
You know, I used to LOVE corn dogs... funny how that changes!

porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/07/14 19:50:59
I hate to hear it but I totally understand why your selling!!! How much are you asking for your rig, I'll spread the word 
dtortor1
Cheeseburger
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/08/02 19:44:50
Well, its up on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Pace-American-Concession-Trailer-Fryer-Grill-Nice_W0QQitemZ110420178293QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b58e3575&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If anyone thinks of anything I should add to the listing please let me know!

Or if someone wants to bid...
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:Well, its been fun! 8x16 turn key business for sale! 56k warning - pics 2009/08/02 21:14:49
Empty out your private messages in box , so you can get the one I just sent. LMAO