Zweigles Red Hots

jmike0311
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/19/09 12:25 PM
I live in Charlotte, NC and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get Zweigles in my area? Do any national chains carry them? To have them shipped is $$$$. Thanks

Jmike0311 

georgiadogs
  • Total Posts : 362
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/19/09 12:29 PM
Now to completely show my ignorance, what are red hots? I have seen them mentioned on here occassionally. What we have down here is a red hot smoke link. Is this some kind of cross between a hot dog and a red hot smoke link, cause that would be good with a little mustard.

BillyB
  • Total Posts : 2851
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/19/09 12:39 PM
Call the company..........Zweigle's - Locations - Hoover's

zumguteetz
  • Total Posts : 171
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/19/09 4:39 PM
You can order online at http://www.nystyledeli.com/cgi-bin/deli/index.html.

Zweigle's is to Rochester as
Vienna is to Chicago as
Sahlens is to Buffalo as
Hoffman's is to Syracuse
Sabretts is to NYC ....you can add to the list should you desire

Curbside Grill
  • Total Posts : 3916
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 1:54 AM
georgiadogs

Now to completely show my ignorance, what are red hots? I have seen them mentioned on here occassionally. What we have down here is a red hot smoke link. Is this some kind of cross between a hot dog and a red hot smoke link, cause that would be good with a little mustard.

Red hots are everywhere in the south,little different from the Northern variety. They are cheap and can be had in about any grocery store. Between the dogs, sausage and lunchmeats. Old antiquers as me prefer them with breakfast. In my area is a famous local state of AL meat company, since Bear Bryant was a part-owner at one time. I have sold them off the cart at times.

http://www.zmeats.com/Products/Sausage/sausage.htm

ynotryme
  • Total Posts : 562
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 2:30 AM
zumguteetz

Vienna is to Chicago as
Sahlens is to Buffalo as
Hoffman's is to Syracuse

Can you tell hot dogs are serious business in the north.In central n.y, each grocery store also sells their own in house made hot dogs and sausage at their butcher blocks.
 In my experience, red hots are just an expression for a cooked hot dog, ie. get your red hot  hot dog. They also sell white hot dogs that are usually called  Texas hots or coneys.

jmike0311
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 12:43 PM
It seems Sam's Club here in Charlotte has them. I called and they stock them because thier are so many "damn yankees" down here.   

BillyB
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 12:58 PM
ynotryme

zumguteetz

Vienna is to Chicago as
Sahlens is to Buffalo as
Hoffman's is to Syracuse

Can you tell hot dogs are serious business in the north.In central n.y, each grocery store also sells their own in house made hot dogs and sausage at their butcher blocks.
 In my experience, red hots are just an expression for a cooked hot dog, ie. get your red hot  hot dog. They also sell white hot dogs that are usually called  Texas hots or coneys.

You will find some of the best Sausage and dogs in local markets. If I had a Hot dog cart on the Eastern seaboard I would use a national brand. My local guy would handle all th flavor I would need,.........................Bill

Curbside Grill
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 1:16 PM
Have an old fashion butcher house here, He is now trying to bring  stuff for the northern people moving here and requesting. Our Kroger manager is the pits. Won't order any requests, his stores loss.

Curbside Grill
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 1:17 PM
jmike0311

I live in Charlotte, NC and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get Zweigles in my area? Do any national chains carry them? To have them shipped is $$$$. Thanks

Jmike0311 

Bet WalMart meat manager can hook you up. Saves the shipping cost.
Do a good chili slaw dog as restaurant of the day and won't need NY Dog.
That is a thing of beautiful, eye enjoyment. Customers would order more in the SOUTH.
Stewart's in WV 

<message edited by Curbside Grill on Thu, 08/20/09 1:34 PM>

BillyB
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 1:34 PM
Curbside Grill

Have an old fashion butcher house here, He is now trying to bring  stuff for the northern people moving here and requesting. Our Kroger manager is the pits. Won't order any requests, his stores loss.

Hey Curb, There's a Guy that does the Sumpter, Oregon Days on July 4th. He has a good Rope Italian Sausage with peppers and onion. $8.50 I drive 150 miles just for that. My wife didn't grow up with a great varity of sausage in her area. When she tried this Italian she said, WOW have I been missing this all my life.................There is a big difference from the real good sausages and what most put out as sausage....................Bill

Curbside Grill
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 08/20/09 1:53 PM
He has foods and meats that you can only get in big markets, fresh smoked bacon, make their own sausages, bulk and link, and if you have a recipe will make it for you. Have rooster fries, calf fries, can see this off a cart. LOL
Cuts steaks to Order and has dry aged meats also.
There BBQ rest. is above avg. but every BBQ here is so-so or less. Their smoked bologna is good.
Locals don't care for their slaw. To coursely chopped.

DLnWPBrown
  • Total Posts : 832
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Tue, 08/25/09 11:18 PM
JMIKE, I bought some last week from Harris Teeter and grilled them. They were great with some homeade chilli, and something new, Budweiser's Smoked Barbecue sauce on another on.

Dennis in Cary

sandwichking
  • Total Posts : 100
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 7:07 AM
Jfburke2003

I would have to say Zweigles hot dogs are by far the best and most popular. Visit our website at Zweigleshotsandmore.com were you can order/buy/purchase and we will ship them to you overnight. We also have monthly specials!!!

Clicked on link ...."forbidden: access denied"??

BillyB
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 7:27 AM
I was thinking about how stupid it is to ship sausage across the USA just because its better than what you may have in your local markets. Then I thought about how stupid I was not doing it. I complain about the quality and availability of good Sausage, deli meats, just about everything in the Pacific Northwest. I attribute this to the lack of Ethnic groups as on the East coast. I looked at the Zweigle sausage and thought to myself, this is the sausage I grew up with, It looked good and full of flavor. For now on I will be ordering  the quality I have missed for years, and stop complaining about not having it in my area. ......Bill

Gene's Dogs
  • Total Posts : 719
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 8:14 AM
This is something I've struggled with as well--it all seems to be relative.  As a long-time sausage lover, I'd like to serve a better sausage.  There are a couple I've tried and like better, but ultimately my customers seem to want the Roger Wood Lumber Jack from Savannah.  Lumber Jacks are tricky to manage, because they're so fatty they shrink in a rather expeditious manner.  I wouldn't eat one on a bet, but other people scramble for it!  I offered samples of the other sausages.  Customers said thank you and ordered the L.J.  It's definately a regional thing.

Bottom line:  Customers want it, costs less than my 5/1 dog and commands a higher price.  When I want a good sausage at home, I go to the supermarket and buy one.

Jfburke2003
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 12:05 PM
I have heard that there is this new company that has great pricing and low shipping on all Zweigles products. They ship the Zweigles hot dogs to your door.
www.zweigleshotsandmore.com

Jfburke2003
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 12:07 PM
Just type in Zweigleshotsandmore.com in your search engine and it will come up. Check it out!!

Jfburke2003
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 12:08 PM
Type it in Google and it will come up or in the main bar at the top!!

RaiderRob
  • Total Posts : 12
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 1:32 PM
Where are you from in Oregon BillyB?

BillyB
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Wed, 08/26/09 1:56 PM
Hey Raider, I'm near pendleton, Oregon...............And also live in the Blue Mountains.........BillyB

jmike0311
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 08/28/09 7:50 AM
Hey DL,

The HT down here does not carry them but I found them at Sam's Club. They are great dogs. Your right the chilli is the key and try serving them on a slightly toasted bun. Hungry just thinkin about it.

Jmike  

sonjaab
  • Total Posts : 193
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Sun, 08/30/09 5:24 AM
Any Wegmans supermarkets down in your area?
They should have them.

Judy1
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:ZweiglesHotsandMore.com - Mon, 10/19/09 2:20 PM
Not a smart place to ever shop.  ZweiglesHotsandmore.com is an unauthorized seller of many of its products, including Zweigle's Hots- (yeah, scary food).

hometwnfood
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Thu, 02/10/11 5:29 PM
For anyone who is looking to purchase Zweigle hotdogs...we carry them! I own a NY style restaurant in Central Florida and we have them on our menu as well as for retail. We carry both red and white hots.

SuperDog
  • Total Posts : 36
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 03/18/11 12:36 AM
You can order directly from NY Deli

It will be very expensive, since they have to ship that to you
If you find someone local, that's great. You can contact NY Deli and ask them about who they ship to in your area  and buy directly from local source.
I am on the west coast, and amazed how many ppl from Rochester area and love the fact we carry them. I am in Portland Oregon.

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9548
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 03/18/11 3:08 AM
Earl Campbell's Hot Links are increasing their range of distribution and will ship as well ..they have Hot Links and RED Hot links. They're pretty good.
http://www.earlcampbellmeatproducts.com/display.asp?departmentID=1909

ryanno
  • Total Posts : 4
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Sat, 05/14/11 1:02 PM
What is the name of your restaurant in Orlando that carries Zweigle Hot Dogs and where is it located?  Please respond.

Richard

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13386
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Sat, 05/14/11 2:11 PM
Foodbme

Earl Campbell's Hot Links are increasing their range of distribution and will ship as well ..they have Hot Links and RED Hot links. They're pretty good.
http://www.earlcampbellmeatproducts.com/display.asp?departmentID=1909

I first tried them when I was in Houston with my wife who passed way in MD Anderson.  They were very good and I would buy them again but they are not available in Knoxville, TN

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

MDR212
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 05/25/12 10:56 AM
hometwnfood...where is your restaurant located?  ...name?  Do you offer a garbage plate? (those who know...know that this is the best!)

kevincad
  • Total Posts : 399
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 05/25/12 12:09 PM
jmike0311

Jmike0311 

I like there white hots but can't get them here either. I grew up in western NY! And you are correct, the shipping bucks are outrageous!

TimothyGlutton
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 05/25/12 8:08 PM
Roessler's is to Connecticut

Phildelmar
  • Total Posts : 788
Re:Zweigles Red Hots - Fri, 05/25/12 9:58 PM
Anyone know of a good
Source of hot links in the Northern Delaware area?