Borden's Frosted?

Hamburger
2009/08/19 15:19:45
It was a small canned milkshake. I bought them at a 7-11 near Atlantic City around 1969-70. I worked in the concession stand at the Atlantic drive-in theatre back then. We sold them too.  ..We were selling day(s) old hamburgers for .55, while McDonalds was selling them for .15.
cavandre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Borden's Frosted? 2009/08/20 10:03:27
I remember that I didn't much care for them, but back then it was easy enough to find a place that was making a real milkshake.
Pigiron
Re:Borden's Frosted? 2009/08/20 10:22:02
Holy moley, that broght back memories.  I distinctly remember as a small child, my mom would drag me along with her to the supermarket on Saturdays.  I appease me, she would get me a vanilla Frosted to drink while we shopped, and paid for the empty can on the way out.  My best guess is that it was between 1972-75.  I remember the taste and texture very well. 
bartl
Re:Borden's Frosted? 2009/08/23 14:03:36
crazybob It was a small canned milkshake. I bought them at a 7-11 near Atlantic City around 1969-70. I worked in the concession stand at the Atlantic drive-in theatre back then. We sold them too.  ..We were selling day(s) old hamburgers for .55, while McDonalds was selling them for .15.

I recall them; to my memory, they tasted kind of like thicker Yoo-hoo.

Bart
Bigapetite
Hamburger
Re:Borden's Frosted? 2009/08/23 16:11:49
I too remember the Borden's shakes and though there were probably more flavors, I recall only Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry though I'm tempted to say Banana.

I wonder if there were others.

Though I recall enjoying them, there was some ingredient in there that always seemed to reek havoc with my stomach.

Along those same lines, I wonder if anyone remembers a product called Have a Shake.
It was a frozen version similar to that of the Frosted and came in a small milk style cardboard container.

Years ago when I drove a truck and carried that item on board, I remember having one or two sitting on the dashboard over the defroster vents.
I couldn't wait till it was drinkable though many never made it past the "ice cream" stage
juliyaanthony
Junior Burger
Re:Borden's Frosted? 2009/08/24 09:25:24
I didn't much care for them, but back then it was easy enough to find a place that was making a real milkshake.