Oscar's Smokehouse burns to ground

Cheeseburger
2009/09/07 21:19:39
Oscar's Smokehouse in Warrensburg, NY burns-down:

http://www.northcountrypu...car-s-smokehouse-burns

One of the North Country’s landmark food producers burned over the weekend. Oscar's Smokehouse in Warrensburg burned Friday night and into Saturday morning. Eight fire crews from around the region responded.

The company shipped smoked meets and cheeses all over the country.Oscar's has been a popular destination for locals and tourists since 1946. Owner Jerry Quintal told the Glens Falls Post-Star that he plans to rebuild. He predicted Oscar’s will be up and running "In a couple of months."

An investigation of the fire is still underway, but the blaze appears to have begun in the woodpile behind the smokehouse. The fire hit just before the busy Labor Day weekend. According to Quintal, 15 people will be out of work until he is able to reopen.
Re:Oscar's Smokehouse burns to ground 2009/09/07 23:35:59
At least nobody was hurt, hopefully they will come even better than before.
Good luck, and god bless.
RC51Mike
Cheeseburger
Re:Oscar's Smokehouse burns to ground 2009/09/10 13:25:59
That is such a shame.  It's a great place.  I was going to be stopping there in a couple weeks.  Good luck to them and their employees.

"...woodpile behind the smokehouse..."  Who would have ever guessed?