Tapas items - help!

Double Cheeseburger
2003/12/23 14:01:47
I got the brilliant (last-minute) idea to put together a basket of Tapas items (no perishables) for my dad. Olives are all I can think of. Can you guys suggest some items? (and quickly!) Thanks!!!
Jellybeans
Cheeseburger
RE: Tapas items - help! 2003/12/23 14:10:54
Anchovies in olive oil
Sundried tomatoes
Grampy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Tapas items - help! 2003/12/23 14:16:11
You could always pop in some chorizo and Manchego cheese (from La Mancha). When I was in Spain, I had meatballs spiced with cayenne, cumin, and coriander in a tomato sauce; a fava bean salad with smoked ham; and they always had spiced nuts. Here's a good site with a couple of ideas: http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/wine/tapas.html
meowzart
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Tapas items - help! 2003/12/23 14:34:50
Dates. Those cute little pickled onions. Definitely anchovies. Tuna in olive oil? Roasted red peppers (you can find these in a jar). Serrano ham. Pine nuts? Pomegranate juice? Bacalao also, if you can find it. Oh yeah, and don't forget the bottle of sherry--a MUST for tapas. Great idea for a gift, Kristi!!
Kristi S.
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Tapas items - help! 2003/12/23 16:22:33
Thanks for all your help. My dad spent time in Spain while in the Army and he remembers it fondly. Maybe this basket will bring back nice memories for him. Happy holidays, all!