Sprecher opening Madison restaurant?

Filet Mignon
2009/10/05 13:39:32
Last Friday my wife and I were on Madison's west side (Greenway Blvd. area) and saw a sign saying that a Sprecher Restaurant would be opening soon; the sign is in front of a closed TGIBennibee's-type place on Deming Way.  The typeface led me to believe that it'll have some degree of association with Sprecher Brewing in Milwaukee, which would be a very good thing and might possibly hint at some German cuisine.

Any Madisonians (Pancho?) know any additional details?

Brad
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/05 13:43:12
A Sprecher restaurant sure would catch my attention.  Brad, thanks for the news and please keep us updated, especially if you eat there.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/05 15:22:22
Me Too! I will advise my Baraboo family to keep an eye out in the area you mentioned!!
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/05 16:11:26
Sprecher's was associated with "Q", a short lived Barbecue joint in Milwaukee.  They had a couple of locations, both of which are now closed.  Q served Sprecher's root beer barbecue sauce and of course offered all their soft drinks.  The food was okay, but not in Speed Queen's league.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of menu they feature in the new place.

Buddy
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/05 16:14:15
Brad_Olson

Last Friday my wife and I were on Madison's west side (Greenway Blvd. area) and saw a sign saying that a Sprecher Restaurant would be opening soon; the sign is in front of a closed TGIBennibee's-type place on Deming Way.  The typeface led me to believe that it'll have some degree of association with Sprecher Brewing in Milwaukee, which would be a very good thing and might possibly hint at some German cuisine.

Any Madisonians (Pancho?) know any additional details?

Brad
Here you go, Brad. They just got permission to "use" the Sprecher name. Doesn't sound all that exciting to me. Blindfold yourself until inside and you probably wouldn't know the difference from any other "brew pub".  There is also one of those Logan's chain steak houses opening downtown on Johnson...blah. On a positive note however, I had a fantastic meal at Cafe Costa Rica on Butler the other night.

http://43north89west.wordpress.com/tag/sprecher/
http://mangomancooks.com/

ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/05 16:23:03
Thanks, Pancho.  Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but good to know.

And it's not like Sprecher on tap is a bad thing!

Brad
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/06 08:53:35
I emailed Sprecher yesterday to ask and according to the reply I received, Sprecher the brewery has no affiliation whatsoever with Sprecher the future restaurant.

Brad
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/06 08:59:06
BuddyRoadhouse 
Q served Sprecher's root beer barbecue sauce   
Root Beer barbecue sauce?  I love root beer and I love bbq sauce, but I'm not so sure these two things are meant to be together.  How was it?

BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/06 14:13:47
It was just okay.  No strong flavor of root beer in there; the predominant flavor, at least to my palate, was garlic.  I think it was more of a gimmick than anything else, cashing in on the Sprecher's name.  They still sell it in the bottle in stores and on the internet.

In addition to the Sprecher's Barbecue Sauce, Q had several of their own house made sauces which I preferred.

Buddy
quijote
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sprecher opening Madison restaurant? 2009/10/06 23:05:49
Brad, is the Sprecher restaurant showcasing Sprecher beer and soda? Or are those just a few of many other options?

Sprecher Brewery doesn't even have a restaurant here in Milwaukee, so I was getting kind of jealous when I read about the place in Madison....  Now, if only the Great Dane could open a place in Milwaukee....