I make a killer cheeseburger pizza, although I cheat by using Stop & Shop made pizza dough, it is actually pretty good in my opinion:
- Let dough proof for about an hour, in the dark, covered with a little oil in the bowl
- While proofing, I grill (3) 1/4 burgers on a really hot grill, rare, and just enough on each side to get some good grill marks and char. Remove and rest to keep the juices from going everywhere.
- After an hour, spread out the dough onto parchment, I prefer this to flour, less mess and the large sheets fit right onto my pizza stone.
- Drizzle ketchup in a circular pattern on the dough, not as much as pizza sauce, but don't be shy either.
- drizzle yellow mustard, less than the ketchup, but try to get it all around the pzza
- rough chop and spread the cheeseburger pieces evenly, size doesn't really matter
- top with strips (I prefer strips) of yellow or white american cheese, it HAS to be American to get that true cheeseburger flavor
- into the oven, bottom rack on my 18" pizza stone, 475 degrees
- rotate once, and finish when the cheese starts to bubble. Careful, it cooks pretty fast in a hot oven.
- Let rest 5 minutes, serve with extra ketchup, chopped pickles, red onion, tomatoes, even lettuce if you like.
These are always a hit for sports parties and kids get togethers!