Cheeseburger
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/19 20:33:52
collinf
Cheeseburger
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/20 10:35:13
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/20 13:31:57
Lotta chatter about Edzo's over at LTHForum.  If you're looking for reviews and opinions on the place, that's where I'd head.

Buddy
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/29 18:34:38
I dined at Edzo's Tuesday afternoon. I ordered a single cheeseburger made on the griddle, an order of loaded fries, and a Nutella malt. The burger was done to perfection, served on a fresh bakery made bun, the loaded fries were dressed with Merkt's Cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, and chives, and the malt was spot on. My tail was wagging from the first to the last bite! Afterwards, Eddie and I chatted about business and he gave me a full tour of his place. Would I return? In a heart beat! Would I recommend Edzo's? When would you like to meet me for a late afternoon lunch?

CSD

post edited by chicagostyledog - 2009/11/29 18:37:15
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/30 01:52:33
Makes me want to starve for a week so we can do

A Day in Evanston

bagels & bakery (mmmmmmmrugelach)
The Wiener & Still Champion (this could be the whole trip right here)
Poochie's
Hecky's (they have green river)
and now Edzo's
njsmitty
Junior Burger
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/30 04:53:50

I went to school in Evanston and miss Hecky's -- the rib tips used to make a great Sunday lunch/dinner combination.

Poochie's (on Dempster) is at the top of my list whenever I'm back on the North Shore.

But I miss Harold's Chicken Shack.

BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/11/30 14:07:05
stricken_detective

Makes me want to starve for a week so we can do

A Day in Evanston

bagels & bakery (mmmmmmmrugelach)
(Added boldface)
The Wiener & Still Champion (this could be the whole trip right here)
Poochie's (Added boldface)
Hecky's (they have green river)
and now Edzo's

We could go to Poochie's and for bagels if you'd like, but it wouldn't truly be "A Day Evanston" at that point.  Poochie's and the bagel bakeries are in neighboring Skokie (sister city to Skoka Raton, FL).

Still, totally worth the detour.

Buddy
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/12/01 03:06:58
I got confused, to me they are all in Evanston because they are on or near Dempster.

Wasn't it you who kept me from getting killed at Gertie's last summer when I innocently asked "Are we on the south side?" during a Sox game? I need a ChiTown Roadfood map.

BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/12/01 12:27:39
That was pretty funny.  I don't think I've ever seen so many heads turn to look in one direction, so quickly, in my life.  The crowd was pretty forgiving when they found out you from out of town.

Buddy
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/12/01 20:01:02
BuddyRoadhouse

That was pretty funny.  I don't think I've ever seen so many heads turn to look in one direction, so quickly, in my life.  The crowd was pretty forgiving when they found out you from out of town.

Buddy

I vividly recall that incident. Here we were, a group of innocent north side Cubbie fans in the heart of a dyed in the wool, south side, White Sox, ice cream parlor.  Buddy immediately sprang into action and came to our rescue with the following infamous quote of the day:

"We're not here to make trouble! We're just here for the ice cream."

At that point, I began to gag on my Green River float with laughter.

CSD
post edited by chicagostyledog - 2009/12/01 20:02:44
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/12/01 20:47:42
I thought I saw some shoot out your nose.  At least I thought it was Green River...

Buddy
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/12/01 23:25:39
BuddyRoadhouse

I thought I saw some shoot out your nose.  At least I thought it was Green River...

Buddy

You are correct sir, the lime colored stuff was Green River.
guspas
Cheeseburger
Re:Edzo's in Evanston, IL 2009/12/02 18:44:46
njsmitty

But I miss Harold's Chicken Shack.

I think there is a Harold's not to far down Clark st in Rogers Park