2 Great Washington Soups

Junior Burger
2009/11/22 13:43:40
Two places I always visit when I'm out in Washington state are Duffy's Irish Pub in Greys River and the 42nd St. Cafe in Longbeach.

My favorite dish at Duffy's is the Irish Stew.  It's all homemade southern style with beef, barley, fresh veggies, in a tasty slightly spicy broth that compliments the ingredients perfectly.  It comes with fresh homemade cornbread, fresh fruit and I order a black and tan with it.  Duffy's has a great athmosphere, it's homey with books, puzzles and games to play with.  The walls are adorned with antique funkiness so there's always something to look at.  I like to hangout by the woodstove and keep warm while playing scrabble before my meal.  The service is good, and the place is clean.  A great stop, and one of my favorites.

The 42nd Street Cafe in Longbeach makes the best clam chowder I've ever had so far.  Now I KNOW people will argue with me, and I welcome that, I love chowder and have eaten it up and down the west coast. So this is merely an objective opionion of a chowder lover.

The chowder is made from Willapa bay clams, onion, baby red potatoes, little slivers of red pepper, celery etc.  The broth is of medium thickness, not too thin or thick, and the spicing is perfect. It's a very smooth broth, creamy, and delicious.  It's topped with fresh chopped chives and comes with a nice hunk of bread, and crackers.  I would prefer smoky paprika on top, but I certainly didn't mind the chives. 

The restaurant has a clean bright athmosphere, using cloth table cloths and napkins with upscale serviceware.  The wall is decorated with selected art, and brings nice scenes to your eyes.

Both restaurants are reasonably priced.  I will come back to them when I head back out west.  Enjoy.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
Re:2 Great Washington Soups 2009/11/23 07:28:45
My favorite WA Clam Chowder: