Never made it there. A shame to hear this since they just reopened. http://www2.oanow.com/oan/news/local/article/hotel_talisi_destroyed_in_fire/112421/
TALLASSEE—A pre-dawn fire destroyed one of central Alabama's most prestigious landmarks early Monday morning.
The Hotel Talisi, known for its Southern cooking and buffets, was badly burned in a fire that reportedly began shortly after 3 a.m. in a nearby consignment store, according to Tallassee police spokesman Jimmy Rodgers. The store, Smarty Pants Consignment Store, backs up to the hotel in downtown Tallassee. The fire reportedly spreak from the store into the Hotel Talisi, engulfing the popular establishment.