New BBQ in Modena, NY

Double Cheeseburger
2010/01/08 19:01:20
Does anyone have information on the new BBQ place in Modena, NY?  It is located on rt 44/55 across from the Modena Fire House.
toolman007
Junior Burger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/06 19:21:26
Hi Hot Dog King
The place you are thinking of is Uncle Brothas BBQ, it's located at 1964 route 44 55. There is an outside BBQ/smoker hut on wheels, The sign for the place is right out front near roadway.You can not miss it,
I have eaten This food before and it is AAA+++ well worth the effort.
There is plenty of parking to just hang out and eat and enjoy the veiw or play some games LOL.
The Pit Master is named Craig and he knows a lot of the locals as well as the firemen from across the street.
Stop by if you see him out there . Rumor has it he will be open very soon. I told him "GET ER DONE" I want my BBQ. The pulled pork is out of this world, and nice racks of ribs with original secret dry rub from what he tells me.
I see him on a weekly basis most of the time in town I can ask any questions you my have
If I can help you any further please just ask
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/06 20:38:13

The sign's been up for six months aint it time he opened the place?

Cheers, John
toolman007
Junior Burger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/07 07:02:12
HE COOKS IN OUTSIDE AREA where screen is around the smoker/grill below
   Hi John and others
Craig Has not opened yet due to the fact that the weather has been very bad this year (Remember its a roadside stand and everything is cooked outside in the fresh open air.
Its freezing standing there over that grill unless its the lid is open, also the business just went through a move from Walden to Modeana but I think that the new sign has been up less that 6 months I remember when he hung the sign. He hung the sign early with the hide site  that people in the area would  know that the Grill and stand would be opening in the Springtime.Look for his Grand Opening to be announced soon.  (Seems like more when wanting BBQ I know) LOL. I've eaten his food and it is Excellent! AAA+++ Promise.
They are in the process of clearing the parking (still snow) and eating areas.
Like I said Good BBQ  and this is Good is worth waiting for But rest assured it's coming soon!
I sure as soon as weather breaks or snow is gone he will be open.

He will be Open again Very soon serving Luch and Dinners his loyal customers which as you can tell I am one of have been asking for it too.
Toolman
post edited by toolman007 - 2010/03/07 09:32:27
toolman007
Junior Burger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/07 07:38:36
John forgot to ask if you tried his food when he was on St Andrews Rd in Walden last summers season?
Now I want some real BBQ Might have to fire up my small smoker not sure if I have any woodchips
Toolman
Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/14 18:14:51
Keep us up to date on the grand opening!
toolman007
Junior Burger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/17 13:23:03
Will do  as soon as I hear I will post something
He did list his business with Google Maps
uncle brothas bbq inc.  if you search it will give details and location I believe with directions even
Tony
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/17 20:17:12
It's 65 degrees today and looking better tomorrow - how the Hell warm does it need to be to BBQ? The snow's all gone here in New Paltz and Modena-  how the Hell clear does it need to be to BBQ?
The folks are all lined up along 44/55 waiting for BBQ-  how the Hell many do you need for BBQ?

Cheers, John  

Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/21 19:26:45
I saw some activity there Friday afternoon during lunch.  They must be getting ready to open soon.
whitney0125
Junior Burger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/23 00:19:38
I don't know yet about that new BBQ place in Modena. It's only here where i heard about that news.  Anyone here who tried to visit the place?

seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/03/23 10:20:15
Yes, I drive by there every few days and it's not yet open.

Cheers, John 
toolman007
Junior Burger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/10 15:08:10
John and all others
Stopped by and Spoke with owner today and He is OPEN Had some Q too!
It is still a bit chilly this morning for BBQ But he is now open and serving I have to get his days and hours
But the food is just as good as I remember it "Dilicious" as mommy would say
Give it a try if you are in the area you won't go wrong
Get back with the info on hrs
Toolman
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/10 18:22:28
Met Uncle Brotha today when I was pulled off the road by the lovely smoky odor of BBQ wafting from his shack. The brisket was moist smoky sweet and the best I've had from any BBQ in out area. The pulled pork was tasty with some very nice bark thrown in. He serves no sauce with his BBQ, but a single sauce - he described as North Carolina with a Hudson Valley influence - is available to put on your BBQ. He offers brisket, pork , ribs, and chicken. We didn't try any sides, but he offers beans and a couple of others. 

His hours are noon to 7pm (or when he runs out of food) Friday thru Monday. Take out only. I hope he'll put in a couple of picnic tables ... 

This place is well worth a detour.

Cheers, John 
Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/10 18:48:15
Thanks for the update guys. 
I bumped into Brooklyn Bill on Wednesday and we were wondering when this place was going to open.

Monday sounds like a good time to check things out.
GB944
Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/12 15:05:10
Took a little side trip to Uncle Brothas today. Ordered the 3 meat sampler platter, with a couple of sides (mine was mac 'n cheese and baked beans) and cornbread, came to 15 and change with tax. Small place, "you have to step outside to change your mind" kind of place.  Owner is pleasant, says the comes from "the south side of Long Island."  Prefers to be known as Carolina style, with a touch of Hudson Valley. Specialty seems to be pork ribs, tender and smoky without being overpowering. Brisket was smoky, with a good ring. Pulled pork was tender and flavorful. Sides were tasty.

Nice to have a BBQ place close by (about 15 miles for me). From New Paltz, about 6 miles south on Route 32, then west on 44/55 and about 150 yards on the south side, across from the Modena firehouse and down a bit.

His phone number is (845) 883-0936, but since he is a one man show, if he doesn't answer, he might be cooking or serving.  So, keep trying.

Attached Image(s)

Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/12 18:31:33
I stopped by there today and had a pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw.  It is one of the best that I have had so far!  The roll was fresh and the meat very moist with the perfect amount of smoke flavor.  As stated by others, he offers a sauce but I personally like my BBQ with nothing on it.  I'm probably still going to try it though on the next visit.  The slaw was great too, Definetly worth the trip!
I have a menu in .pdf if anyone wants one, pm me your email.
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/25 11:53:35
We returned to Uncle Brotha's yesterday to try the ribs. They were perfectly done, dark and smoky on the outside, nice smoke ring, falling -off -the -bone tender, and meaty - $10/ half rack. The cole slaw was very good - relatively large chunks of cabbage and carrots, a bit on the sweet side (at $1.50 for a small plastic cup I thought it a bit expensive).

In any case, he's doing fine, he says, and he seemed busy enough during the few minutes we were there. 

Cheers, John  
Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/26 18:29:16
Great news on this place ,

Glad its open and you all are enjoying it , will have to make my way up there one day soon

Benzee
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/04/27 17:23:03
Benzee: Let me know when you are going and I'll try to join you.

Cheers, John 
Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/06/04 20:11:37
I stopped by today to try the half rack, very good, just the way I like them.  The dry rub blended well with the meat and also tasted great dipped in the sauce he offers on the side.  The cole slaw is also one of the better that I have had, he uses whole celery seed which adds some bursts of flavor here and there.
Compared to other half racks, this is a huge order, I of all people had to put two away for later.
Well worth the trip and price.
Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/07/10 19:56:03
I drove by a few times and saw that he was closed.  He has his red smoker up on Craigslist.
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/07/11 09:38:42
That's a shame. His product was good, not great, the prices for the most part were fair,and the service was friendly and efficient. Guess there's just not enough of us BBQ lovers to let a guy make a go of it around here. It might have helped if he'd had a place to sit down and eat on the premises...

Cheers, John 
Matt Gleason
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New BBQ in Modena, NY Its called UNCLE BROTHAS BBQ 2010/07/16 19:36:21
I drove by this morning and both rigs are gone.