I-10 New Mexico - Huevos Rancheros

Junior Burger
2010/01/18 16:36:28
If you are driving I-10 through Deming, NM, do yourself a favor and stop at El Mirador.  It is a small, pink, family-owned place at 510 East Pine - which is also known as the I-10 Business Loop.  They are open Tuesday from 6 AM - 6:30 PM, Closed Sunday, and open other days from 6 AM to 9 PM. 

Once you stop, do yourself another favor and order the huevos rancheros green...no matter what time you get there.  If it is lunch or dinner time, you will get a basket of chips and bowl of salsa, as well as a sopapilla to finish off the meal.  But the breakfast gives you plenty of food, and you really don't need the extras.  Two eggs, your choice of style, on corn tortillas covered in a fabulous green sauce and with cheese on top.  It is served with beans and sliced potatoes as well as a corn or flour tortilla on the side. 

It is popular with locals - as well as the local law enforcement.  You may have to wait for a table, but it's worth the wait.

mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:I-10 New Mexico - Huevos Rancheros 2010/01/18 21:35:26
Thanks, we have stopped in Deming to check out the Fall Sausage Making activity, and have heard of the Duck Races, but have not visited the place you mentioned. It has been added to the roadtrip list.
AL
happyfoodie
Junior Burger
Re:I-10 New Mexico - Huevos Rancheros 2010/01/26 14:28:34
Thanks for this tip!  It does sound quite delicious :)  I'll have to check it out.
DadsDogs
Double Cheeseburger
Re:I-10 New Mexico - Huevos Rancheros 2010/03/08 01:58:39
Deming also has the reputation for having the purest drinking water.  I have yet to taste it though.
badbyron722
Cheeseburger
Re:I-10 New Mexico - Huevos Rancheros 2010/03/19 09:57:22
Stopped in Demming once on our way to California.Cant recall name of place we atr,but I remember it being very good.