My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!!

It's so simple, add to your favorite Homemade French Onion soup, however much spicy Italian sausage, fried and sliced, fry to 3/4 doneness, slice and simmer in the onion broth, use Swiss cheese on top of your toasted large crouton in the bowl, then cover with Provalone and bake till desired color of cheese. Try it and tell me it ain't any good, you won't be able to. If this recipe already exists, I've never seen it!!
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/24 19:16:22
Never seen it Chewer,,, but sounds great! I don't have to try it to know it will be good. Italian sausage always makes things better I think.
Joe
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/24 19:41:24
Works for me. I will try it. I bet ground hot sausage would work also...Russ
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/25 19:20:07
Someone opened a ticket reporting this as off-topic.

I don't agree, it's a soup, in the soup thread and it isn't from a chain.

MikeS.

Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/26 11:24:27
MikeS.

Someone opened a ticket reporting this as off-topic.

I don't agree, it's a soup, in the soup thread and it isn't from a chain.

MikeS.

Unreal...some folks don't have much to do, it seems.

rumaki
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/26 11:53:15
I suspect whoever said it was off-topic thought it belonged in the Recipes and Cooking Techniques forum.

Makes no difference to me, though.   
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/27 00:35:52
To keep on topic... what restaurant serves any kind of Italian Sausage Soup? Surely someone does? If not... they should.

This inspired me to make a soup / stew using Italian sausage, onions, whole wheat macaroni, a jar of red pasta sauce, and some chopped canned tomatoes. It was just stuff I had. I liked it. I thought about topping w/ cheese but the cheese just didn't seam to fit w/ my dish. The cheese sounds good w/ Chewer's soup though. My stuff ended up more like a stew.
Joe
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/27 11:56:51
PapaJoe8

To keep on topic... what restaurant serves any kind of Italian Sausage Soup? Surely someone does? If not... they should.

This inspired me to make a soup / stew using Italian sausage, onions, whole wheat macaroni, a jar of red pasta sauce, and some chopped canned tomatoes. It was just stuff I had. I liked it. I thought about topping w/ cheese but the cheese just didn't seam to fit w/ my dish. The cheese sounds good w/ Chewer's soup though. My stuff ended up more like a stew.
Joe

PappaJoe,Next time maybe try cutting it with chicken broth to make it more soupy... some fried Parmesean crisps on the side with this, would also be good!
Tom
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/27 13:40:32
chewingthefat

It's so simple, add to your favorite Homemade French Onion soup, however much spicy Italian sausage, fried and sliced, fry to 3/4 doneness, slice and simmer in the onion broth, use Swiss cheese on top of your toasted large crouton in the bowl, then cover with Provalone and bake till desired color of cheese. Try it and tell me it ain't any good, you won't be able to. If this recipe already exists, I've never seen it!!

Sounds good!  The ingredients and flavors remind me a little of an Italian beef & sausage combo sandwich with au jus, with a lot more jus and a lot less bread.

Brad
Rick F.
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/27 14:02:34
A minestrone might benefit from the addition of spicy Italian sausage, and this sounds good, too. In each case, my own preference would be bulk sausage, cooked and crumbled (not too finely) to cut down on fat content.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/01/27 17:08:49
I love  Julia Child's  French onion soup  recipe and would never change it  .  However  I will try  a version of this......................sounds good                               
juliyaanthony
Junior Burger
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/07 01:45:36
I don't think its soup.
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/07 11:47:06
juliyaanthony

I don't think its soup.

What do you think it is?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/07 12:22:39
Of course it's not soup. Anyone can tell just from glancing at the description that it is really an ice sculpture of a peacock.
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/07 14:21:22
Michael Hoffman

Of course it's not soup. Anyone can tell just from glancing at the description that it is really an ice sculpture of a peacock.

Wintem01
Cheeseburger
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/27 13:30:09
What, is Katie on vacation? Pics?
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/27 16:10:20
Wintem01

What, is Katie on vacation? Pics?

Got some pics of my beef brisket french onion soup coming up soon.
Will have some pics of Kati's latest 2 projects here, soon.

mbrookes
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/29 10:22:53
Wouldn't these work almost as well without the giant crouton? I can't eat bread, but the melted cheese should do on top of the soup. 
Re:My newest creation...Spicy Italian Sausage French Onion Soup...Amazingly good!! 2010/10/29 11:17:36
mbrookes

Wouldn't these work almost as well without the giant crouton? I can't eat bread, but the melted cheese should do on top of the soup. 

Sure it would, however the crouton is usually part of the recipe, adds some different texture.