Orlando FL

Junior Burger
2010/01/31 14:21:10
I will be in Orlando next week, are there good roadfood places in or around the ares?
sk bob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Orlando FL 2010/01/31 21:38:38
USE THE SEARCH
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/08/02 08:46:39
I just returned from Orlando, in case anyone was wondering where I was the last couple days.  And I do hereby declare the City of Orlando a Roadfood destination!

We skipped the free breakfast at the Embassy Suites and went to the White Wolf Cafe in the Bohemian District of Orlando. http://www.whitewolfcafe.com/  Family owned and operated for nearly 20 years and one of the best breakfast I ever had.

Also in the downtown, Beefy King is on my list for my next visit.  http://www.beefyking.com/  Who knew there were places like this in Orlando?  http://www.orlandoweekly.com/dining/review.asp?rid=11258

KokomoJoe
Cheeseburger
Re:Orlando FL 2010/08/02 15:46:00
Now THAT'S a friendly response sk bob!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/08/02 18:02:13
KokomoJoe

Now THAT'S a friendly response sk bob!

Hey Joe, try the places listed above, you won't be sorry.

In fact, check out the entire Bohemiam District.

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/08/02 18:04:40
Also, very good Mexican(not excellent but very good)at Mucho.  Inexpensive too!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/10/16 15:36:21
Keller's BBQ in Lake Mary, very good Q, super friendly and inexpensive.  The ribs were outstanding!  The day we were there they had an all you can eat option and $.99 beers.  

I traveled to St. Cloud to check out The Silver Lining Cafe...CLOSED ON SATURDAYS!  So I thought I would try Chimento's Spaghetti......CLOSED ON SATURDAYS!  You can't really say that I was Travlin' Manned because these places are legitimately closed on Saturday's, as  opposed to restaurants that lock their doors when they see TTM coming

Historic St. Cloud is a really laid back town, sort of Twilight Zoneish.  Bars open with music blasting and shop owners sleeping in front of their stores on old rocking chairs.  I ended up at The Other Place cafe.  I ordered a breakfast pocket, which was basically a calzone.  Fresh dough with lots of filling, very good.  This was a nice break from the Dizney scene.  

post edited by joerogo - 2010/10/16 15:42:53
plb
Re:Orlando FL 2010/10/16 16:10:59
Is the Beeline Mexican Restaurant still there?
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/10/16 23:50:28
plb

plb, Didn't see it.  Is it worth searching for?

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/10/16 23:53:00
And the award for best Italian food in Central Florida goes to..................Antonio's on Sand Lake.  trust me on this one
plb
Re:Orlando FL 2010/10/17 13:54:11
joerogo

plb

plb, Didn't see it.  Is it worth searching for?

Sorry, it appears to be no more.  It was a good and Roadfoodie type of place.  All I can find are very old references.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2010/11/27 16:45:16
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/07 22:51:52
Second visit..The winner and still champ of Italian food in Orlando is Antonio's.  The Osso Bucco was fantastic.  Small, but decent wine list.

Another regular stop for us that delivers a good meal every time is Kobe Japanese Steakhouse.  A regional chain that delivers a good hibachi meal.  Sushi is so so.  
ces1948
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/07 23:04:26
Although I haven't been there personally a lot of people I know have raved about Four Rivers smokehouse in Winter Park for BBQ, Downtown Winter Park is worth a couple of hours of your time also imo.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/07 23:39:40
ces1948
Although I haven't been there personally a lot of people I know have raved about Four Rivers smokehouse in Winter Park for BBQ, Downtown Winter Park is worth a couple of hours of your time also imo.

ces1948, Had lunch once in a very good Italian place in Winter Park, don't remember the name, but I believe it was about 2 or 3 doors down from Williams and Sonoma..   Baah Ben is always singing the praises of a Q place and a Chinese Restaurant in Winter park.  We talked about our next meet-up, With John A at one or both of those places.  I will post here after the fact.

Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/07 23:50:46
Joe, Joe, Joe...how many times you gonna make me repeat this...

http://www.yellowdogeats.com/

Very good stuff.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/08 08:50:17
I know, I know.  I wanted to go, but my family forced me into a theme park, and held me hostage all day.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/08 10:20:46
joerogo

I know, I know.  I wanted to go, but my family forced me into a theme park, and held me hostage all day.

Don't forget to post the pictures of you with your mouse ears on.
stricken_detective
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/11 02:02:30
Tony Bad

joerogo

Don't forget to post the pictures of you with your mouse ears on.

What he said!
highnoon
Junior Burger
Re:Orlando FL 2011/03/24 16:38:18
Downtown Winter Garden has several great spots to grab a bite and plenty of charm as well ! Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha is fantastic and Momma Nems has fabulous Soul Food!