Best Ice Cream I've Found, Westchester/Rockland Cty NY

Junior Burger
2010/02/04 19:11:35
No picture at the moment, so apologies.  But in my mostly fruitless quest to find great, non-chain ice cream in Westchester or even Rockland County here in NY State, I have found IT.  Truly great ice cream.  It's Jane's Ice Cream, and it's made in Kingston, NY.  Available throughout the Hudson Valley and in some old-school swanky NYC places, like Saks & the Algonquin. I had some today in Rockland County at a nice little restaurant called Tempations in Nyack.  The flavor I sampled, Killer Chocolate, could take on Dr. Mike's chocolate ice cream any day.  This ice cream was intensely, darkly chocolate and not overly sweet, with a fabulous creamy, nearly pudding-like texture. A small scoop was more than enough.  Seek it out, if you're in this part of NY State.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Best Ice Cream I've Found, Westchester/Rockland Cty NY 2010/02/04 19:17:35
Have you tried Longford's? http://www.longfordsicecream.com/
katherinecurry
Junior Burger
Re:Best Ice Cream I've Found, Westchester/Rockland Cty NY 2010/02/04 20:09:26
Meh is my general reaction to Longford's. What flavor do you like?
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Best Ice Cream I've Found, Westchester/Rockland Cty NY 2010/02/05 00:12:51
I have only been once, and can't remember which flavor (which speaks for itself).  I thought it was pretty good, but $4.50 a scoop is a little steep for me when you can get a pint Ciao Bella for less and not have to deal with parking.
njsmitty
Junior Burger
Re:Best Ice Cream I've Found, Westchester/Rockland Cty NY 2010/02/05 03:42:25

A big thumbs up for Longford's. Only been to the Rye location.