Roadfood Newsletter Email

joeyjcc
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Roadfood Newsletter Email - Mon, 02/22/10 5:10 PM
I was disapointed to read in the February 22, 2010 Roadfood newsletter that  co-founder Jane Stern is using the e-newsletter for advertizing her Tarot Card reading services.
There are those who innocently think Tarot cards are 'fun" or just "baloney" when in fact they are not.
Occult diviners, psychics, and fortune tellers often speak in the name of supernatural beings other than the God of the Bible. 
Whether or not they acknowledge it, occult practitioners serve gods other than the God of the Bible. They appeal to other spirit powers to provide “divine help,” which they ought to trust in God to provide.  They offer no hope and are a counterfeit substitute for the power of God.
Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life...come to Me and I will give you rest".

Roadfood, at least I thought meant "great regional meals along highways, in small towns and in city neighborhoods".

Deeply disappointed - Joe

X1
  • Total Posts : 937
Re:Roadfood Newsletter Email - Mon, 02/22/10 6:41 PM
With all due respect, nobody is forcing you, or anyone else, to get their cards read.

You worry about your life and religion, and let others worry about theirs.

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Roadfood Newsletter Email - Mon, 02/22/10 7:05 PM
Jane and Michael Stern, as co-authors of the Roadfood books, along with Steven Rushmore, as co-founders of the Roadfood website, do have the final say as to what might appear in the Roadfood newsletter. 

With that in mind, after hanging around here for a while, I am quite sure that the "Roadfood community" is made up of a wide variety of people believing in and supporting every possible organized religion in the world, along with some people who probably believe in no organized religion at all.   And everyone in this "community" enjoys the right to their own religious or non-religious beliefs, no matter what they might be, along with the right to not be "lectured" by someone whose beliefs are different than their own.  This is all part of what is called "religious freedom" in the United States.

In the Roadfood newsletter, Jane Stern's Tarot readings were specifically offered free only to the people who were going to the New Orleans get-together who wanted oneNo one was told they were obligated to get a Tarot reading, just like no one has been told they had to eat a crawdad poor-boy or anything else while they are there.

X1
  • Total Posts : 937
Re:Roadfood Newsletter Email - Mon, 02/22/10 7:11 PM
Hear, hear!

You said it better than I did.