Hot!New Poll re: Tipping

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Sirloin
Re:New Poll re: Tipping 2013/06/23 20:08:07
Be prettier.
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:New Poll re: Tipping 2013/07/09 09:15:29
My niece has been back at her summer job at a fast casual restaurant for 3 weeks. She has been tip stiffed 3 times.........once each week, and she only works about 15 hours. She says that in talking to other workers, it is the norm. More problematic is the table that stiffs you on the whole bill......you work for free that night, unless the customer makes a scene and refuses to pay, in which case the store eats the bill.  
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New Poll re: Tipping 2013/07/10 09:55:17
tmiles

My niece has been back at her summer job at a fast casual restaurant for 3 weeks. She has been tip stiffed 3 times.........once each week, and she only works about 15 hours. She says that in talking to other workers, it is the norm. More problematic is the table that stiffs you on the whole bill......you work for free that night, unless the customer makes a scene and refuses to pay, in which case the store eats the bill.  
Sorry to read this tmiles.

As usual, the suckyness of some folks never ceases to amaze me.  But I only hate people on days ending in 'Y'.
tmiles
Re:New Poll re: Tipping 2013/07/13 11:49:51
Tip stiffed sucks, but the boss has a new way to stiff you too. This idea of "on call" really stinks. When you get the work schedule   it shows hours to "work" and hours "on call". It makes it almost impossible to work 2 jobs. Kids are getting a couple of 4 hour shifts per week, but need to be on call most of the time. Miss an on call shift with just a 1 hour notice and you get fired. No wonder the college kids can't make much over the summer anymore. 
tmiles
Re:New Poll re: Tipping 2013/09/05 19:04:02
New IRS rules are expected to end the practice of "automatic" 18pct tips on groups. None of the stories I saw mentioned it, but I expect that a lot of servers will be happy to now do separate checks.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3