Kettleman City, CA best lunch and pedal-car collection

lintross
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Kettleman City, CA best lunch and pedal-car collection - Fri, 03/12/10 7:35 PM
I-5 travelers hungry for a sandwich and a big helping of nostalgia should stop at Mike's Roadhouse Cafe in Kettleman City, CA.  Great care is paid to fresh ingredients, all of high quality.  I enjoyed that rarity--a tender and succulent chicken breast--in a chicken, green chili, cheese combo sandwich plate.  Even the dill pickle on the side tasted homemade, and the fries and coleslaw showed somebody cared about cooking.  A special treat is the owner's wall-mounted display of his vast collection of kids' pedal cars, tractors, planes, and old advertising signs.

tiki
  • Total Posts : 4135
Re:Kettleman City, CA best lunch and pedal-car collection - Sat, 03/13/10 7:47 AM
Worth a "look see".

enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
Re:Kettleman City, CA best lunch and pedal-car collection - Sat, 03/13/10 7:55 AM
This place is now on my list of must trys.

MikeS.
  • Total Posts : 5360
Re:Kettleman City, CA best lunch and pedal-car collection - Sat, 04/3/10 10:37 PM
Kettleman City... Back about 1975 I worked with my to become in-laws, PP and her cousin doing the electrical on the hotel and Carl's Jr there.

The cousin is living in Nashville and we visit him and his every chancwe we get. The in-laws have both passed.

The last time I or us were in KC was June of 2001 when Ava was born in Fresno. The 4 of us took a ride to Morro Bay and SLO. We of course stopped at the Carl's in KC.

If I ever get back to Calif and that area I'll be sure to stop and check this place out.